Now that the attrition has settled down…

volmaniac18

and former players and former recruits have found their landing spots. What are your thoughts?

I came to two conclusions:

First, I think it is interesting that none of these recruits/players landed in Cal. Many will say Martin was acting classy and not poaching our recruits/players, which very well may be true, but I think it speaks to the talent we were looking at next year. If the player has the talent the coach will take him and I believe Martin would have made room for some of these players at Cal regardless of the resulting damage to his past reputation at Tennessee.

Second, I know many of you have been saying this year’s recruiting class under CCM was a bad sign for the program's next couple of years. I wanted to see where the former recruits landed before I took a position on the lost recruits. After seeing the landing spots of these players, I think we dodged several low risk, low reward players taking up scholarships. That's not necessarily a good thing and not necessarily a bad thing. It depends on how you prioritize academics, character, talent, efficiency, and productivity for our basketball program.

Lastly, I just want to say that I support the decision to give Martin the APR bonus. I am proud of our APR score and he played an important role in finding he right players and providing them with the support they needed to be academically successful. With that being said, I am really excited about the future of the program I feel like the trajectory of our future has increased steeply with the hiring of CDT but only time will tell.

Reactions: 12 people
Really? Or are you referring to Ndiaye?

There's still 1-3 more incoming guys possibly that could be added, and 1-2 possible departures who are still listed on the roster.

I'm not saying anything ground breaking is gonna happen, but the rosters not set.

1 of those is definitely a possibility still

I was being kind by including Reese. I'm assuming you're talking about him.

I was considering him an impact player based more on the fact that he'd be counted on for minutes and not so much that he would have a significant impact.

None the less, attrition = reduction of players.

Reactions: 1 person
I was being kind by including Reese. I'm assuming you're talking about him.

I was considering him an impact player based more on the fact that he'd be counted on for minutes and not so much that he would have a significant impact.

None the less, attrition = reduction of players.

Which is fine, but like I said, the attrition isn't over.

I'm assuming he's saying we may sign more, therefore someone on the roster may need to leave.

Correct. Like I said it's not a guarantee, but they're still exploring options and looking for impact guys. They won't take a flyer and boot someone for him, but if someone comes available or they find someone they feel is an impact guy room will be made.

I'm wondering if the recruiting CCM class feels lost love if he didn't contact them after they was released by CDT, did the Cal distance help loose the connection?

It been a tough 5 years on Rocky Top
1. Pat Summit dementia
2. Lane Kiffin lost love and NCAA infractions
3. Bruce Pearl BBQ > NCAA infrations

I believe that David Hart has struck gold with his hires, they are workman type of coaches that get East Tennessee fans. Effort and passion goes a long way for Tennessee Fan base...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back