Not Bitter About The Loss, But Duke, My GOD

Most people I assume I jumped on after the title run, but that's false. I followed Duke through first weekend and Sweet 16 exits, too. I consider a bandwagon fan some of the people who jump on Carolina when they have a great team, but could care less about them during rebuilding years.

Hard to think you would be unbiased about evaluating bandwagon fans when you, apparently through the selections of your "favorite teams", appear to be a frontrunner yourself.

Let me comment on all this sissy pretty boy white guy talk. Duke is always good. Tennessee is sometimes decent. Given Martin is changing the nature of the program but pearl always had thugs and street trash who could not dribble the basketball see radar smith and bobby maze. Tennessee cares more about their tattoos and rap songs and how their headbands and armbands look. So give me the rich white boys and the rich sissys any day cause they play basketball and not street ball. I love how delusional everyone on here is.

Let me comment on all this sissy pretty boy white guy talk. Duke is always good. Tennessee is sometimes decent. Given Martin is changing the nature of the program but pearl always had thugs and street trash who could not dribble the basketball see radar smith and bobby maze. Tennessee cares more about their tattoos and rap songs and how their headbands and armbands look. So give me the rich white boys and the rich sissys any day cause they play basketball and not street ball. I love how delusional everyone on here is.

You want someone to hook you up with rich white boys?

:huh:

Everybody wants to go to one extreme or the other, and do not even bother trying to understand what I'm saying. All I'm trying to say, is that his record and accomplishments are hall of fame worthy, but his skills as a tactician are not as great as many think they are. At the schools he has been at, he has had the ability to load up on talent (as he should). His national title teams were heavy with upperclassmen. I'm not saying Roy isn't a great coach, I'm not saying he isn't a hall of fame coach. I'm just saying that stripped down to the bare essentials of what a coach is, I think Roy is sometimes given more credit than he deserves, much like Billy Donovan after riding one good class for a few years.

I agree with you and it's definitely not because I'm a Duke homer (I hated them before going there), but no one is going to believe me on that ^.

His accomplishments are HoF worthy, easily, but X&O-wise he's given a little too much credit.

You want someone to hook you up with rich white boys?

:huh:

Sorry I'm already a rich white boy. I'm also a Tennessee graduate who played more basketball in my life than you have watched and can't really stand watching our program. I'd love to see them stay towards the top but they will never be Duke. And no I'm not a bandwagon guy. Been with them since the lat 80 s watching them with my papaw who got his cemetery degree from Duke.

Nice post

UT was definitely more physical and aggressive. I am not sure what you mean about Duke. They are two completely different teams. Tennessee lacks outside shooters and size down low but make up for it hustle and physical play. The team plays very hard which is a good sign however they lack the talent level probably needed to win a championship. I think Martin will get them there. If Maymon just made a few of those layups down low, they would have won that game. I like the way the team plays, 100% Effort!

I really enjoyed the ballgame tonight, even though we weren't able to pull it out, I saw plenty of positive things and this team is going to be good. I do see a tournament berth and a lot of development is happening, Tennessee is going to be a force to be reckoned with, they have a lot of fight and they will give teams trouble this season.

Now on to Duke, I have always respected Coach K and his program but after tonight's game, I have zero respect. It may not have anything to do with Coach K, but his players are nothing but a bunch of pretty boy, whining ass sell jobs. Those pathetic sell jobs they displayed when contact would be made, and the looks on their faces when Tennessee got rough down in the post. GUESS WHAT DUKE PRETTY BOYS, THAT'S BASKETBALL. Basketball isn't football but my God, the refs couldn't keep their whistles out of their mouths, even when a little brisk bump would occur. I'm afraid NCAA Basketball is turning into the NFL, or the NO FUN LEAGUE. I hope Michigan plays aggressive as hell and blasts Duke, I can't wait to see those pathetic faces when they are getting bumped around tomorrow. Duke can't take it, bunch of pretty boy sissy asses.

GO BIG ORANGE

Your definition of a bandwagon fan is my definition of a fairweather fan.

My definition of a bandwagon fan is anyone that jumps on board with no logical ties to a program. Usually due to historical success or momentary success of a program. So there is some overlap in my book.

I mean it's not like Duke wasn't a ridiculously successful program before you were a fan.

This.

Also, if you're a fan of one team in football and another in basketball, you're more than likely a fairweather/bandwagon fan. In this case, I'd say yes.

Sorry I'm already a rich white boy. I'm also a Tennessee graduate who played more basketball in my life than you have watched and can't really stand watching our program. I'd love to see them stay towards the top but they will never be Duke. And no I'm not a bandwagon guy. Been with them since the lat 80 s watching them with my papaw who got his cemetery degree from Duke.

One thing is obvious, Duke is a lot better at basketball than you are at lying. What a load of BS!

I really enjoyed the ballgame tonight, even though we weren't able to pull it out, I saw plenty of positive things and this team is going to be good. I do see a tournament berth and a lot of development is happening, Tennessee is going to be a force to be reckoned with, they have a lot of fight and they will give teams trouble this season.

Now on to Duke, I have always respected Coach K and his program but after tonight's game, I have zero respect. It may not have anything to do with Coach K, but his players are nothing but a bunch of pretty boy, whining ass sell jobs. Those pathetic sell jobs they displayed when contact would be made, and the looks on their faces when Tennessee got rough down in the post. GUESS WHAT DUKE PRETTY BOYS, THAT'S BASKETBALL. Basketball isn't football but my God, the refs couldn't keep their whistles out of their mouths, even when a little brisk bump would occur. I'm afraid NCAA Basketball is turning into the NFL, or the NO FUN LEAGUE. I hope Michigan plays aggressive as hell and blasts Duke, I can't wait to see those pathetic faces when they are getting bumped around tomorrow. Duke can't take it, bunch of pretty boy sissy asses.

GO BIG ORANGE

oh_he_mad.jpg

Your definition of a bandwagon fan is my definition of a fairweather fan.

My definition of a bandwagon fan is anyone that jumps on board with no logical ties to a program. Usually due to historical success or momentary success of a program. So there is some overlap in my book.

I mean it's not like Duke wasn't a ridiculously successful program before you were a fan.

I disagree with this argument, because all Tennessee and Alabama fans (who didn't go to school there according to your argument) would be bandwagon fans since they are historically successful programs many years before many of us were born.

Then why did refs protect him (Hansbrough) as if he was made of glass?

Because he played for UNC. If you watch a lot of ACC basketball, UNC always gets the calls, unless they're playing Duke, in which case they call it straight up.

I can't stand the Tar Heels, but Hansbrough was a beast. Duke's post players never wanted any part of him.

Cuonzo Martin has had run-ins with Duke as a player and as an assistant coach. He knows Coach K can't stand it when an opponent gets physical with Duke, because it disrupts the kind of flow Duke wants to have with their offense. So naturally, he's going to get his players to play rough anytime he faces Duke.

One thing is obvious, Duke is a lot better at basketball than you are at lying. What a load of BS!

Not sure what I'm lying about douche. I've got 3 Methodist preachers in my family who got their degrees from duke. Check the school out. Or your more than welcome to come listen to one of me preach on Sundays. So you keep crying cause you think you know about basketball and let these rich white kids keep winning acc and national championships.

Not sure what I'm lying about douche. I've got 3 Methodist preachers in my family who got their degrees from duke. Check the school out. Or your more than welcome to come listen to one of me preach on Sundays. So you keep crying cause you think you know about basketball and let these rich white kids keep winning acc and national championships.

So, there are multiple "you's", and they all preach, while calling people douches on message boards? You fascinate me, just saying.

So, there are multiple "you's", and they all preach, while calling people douches on message boards? You fascinate me, just saying.

That was the autocorrect on the IPAD. Im not a preacher. And what is fascinating about me. What is fascinating to me about you guys is just how much you love to talk and complain. Still Tennessee is a average at best program. Let them win an SEC championship and then you can talk (a little) but you got a ways to go to get to double digits like Duke and we wont even go national titles and tourney success. You look childish complaining about foul calls and all that when last i checked free throws were 27-24 which is pretty even. And as for soft I believe you all were predicting Michigan to push Duke around, and Duke dominated the game the entire way through while Tennessee lost again. Duke is perfect all time in Maui and Tennessee is stuck with only a chance for a lowly win against Chaminade. So who is soft and who is more than likely going home with another Maui trophy.

That was the autocorrect on the IPAD. Im not a preacher. And what is fascinating about me. What is fascinating to me about you guys is just how much you love to talk and complain. Still Tennessee is a average at best program. Let them win an SEC championship and then you can talk (a little) but you got a ways to go to get to double digits like Duke and we wont even go national titles and tourney success. You look childish complaining about foul calls and all that when last i checked free throws were 27-24 which is pretty even. And as for soft I believe you all were predicting Michigan to push Duke around, and Duke dominated the game the entire way through while Tennessee lost again. Duke is perfect all time in Maui and Tennessee is stuck with only a chance for a lowly win against Chaminade. So who is soft and who is more than likely going home with another Maui trophy.

I'm a UK fan and wasn't complaining about anything. Just found your sentence construction amusing, that's all.

Liar

Duke doesn't have the physical presence to assert any type of will over a game. They will live and die by the 3 this season, as they have in the past without a signature post player. They will still win a bunch of games, but it's a team whose ceiling is probably the sweet sixteen, perhaps elite 8.

Hmmmm, and what is the ceiling for TN.

If either of the Plumlee boys ever wins every game they play against UNC in Chapel Hill (which they won't, because they lost last year), you might conceivably be able to say their name in the same sentence as Hansbrough (and, if you missed my point, TH was 4-0 at Cameron Indooor or, as I call it, Tyler's House). TH took more of a beating in any one given year than most players will take in their lives.

And, I hate Dook.

That's all. :)

Finally something I can agree with I hate Dookie too.

You need to quite BSing, liar.

Noone in your family is a preacher. You have no ties to UT or Duke....and you're a liar.

You need to quite BSing, liar.

Noone in your family is a preacher. You have no ties to UT or Duke....and you're a liar.

Ok why would I lie about having a preacher in my family. And second why would I lie about going to Tennessee. I had an uncle that played football there and a cousin that played tennis there. All I did was take up for a very good basketball team that you like to complain about. Maybe you should google me.

VN Store

Back