Not Bitter About The Loss, But Duke, My GOD

And I guess you're just going to ignore my post about you being able to root for UT football thugs but not UT basketball thugs.

You get a trophy for winning the regular season championship too Einstein. And yes winning the tournament goes down in the record books....as the tournament champion.

As far as the clout, you're absolutely full of crap. Yeah Georgia got so much clout a few years back winning the SECT, they were rewarded with a 14 seed.

They still went down as SEC champions. Not saying you dont need a good body of work but they went into the tournament to represent the SEC as the SEC champions. Tennessee settled for an at-large bid. They were rewarded with a nice seed due to the body of work. Once again I am pretty sure Tennesse would have taken the tourney championship, yet they bow out every year so of course all you can argue is regular season.

They still went down as SEC champions. Not saying you dont need a good body of work but they went into the tournament to represent the SEC as the SEC champions. Tennessee settled for an at-large bid. They were rewarded with a nice seed due to the body of work. Once again I am pretty sure Tennesse would have taken the tourney championship, yet they bow out every year so of course all you can argue is regular season.

NO they didn't go down as SEC champions; they went down as SEC Tournament Champions. That is official. No amount of your babbling changes the facts. The SEC recognizes the regular season champion as the SEC Champion.

NO they didn't go down as SEC champions; they went down as SEC Tournament Champions. That is official. No amount of your babbling changes the facts. The SEC recognizes the regular season champion as the SEC Champion.
And that is never going to change. The silliness about K calling the ACC tourney his main goal is a flat out lie.

And that is never going to change. The silliness about K calling the ACC tourney his main goal is a flat out lie.

Yeah, K wants the ACC tourney. He loves the tourneys. Early seasons such as Maui and the NIT and the ACC and the big dance. Maybe Tennessee should care a little more.

The clear example of Krzyzewski's priority on winning the ACC is right there in the record book. Since 1998, when other teams seemed to start losing interest, Duke is 31-4 in ACC tournament games. Next best, but miles back, is North Carolina at 17-10, followed by N.C. State (15-14). Not a one of the remaining nine teams has a record above .500.

"Every year, we talk about the ACC tournament even before practice starts," Zoubek said. "It's something no one on the team forgets about. It's there in the back of your mind all season. Then, when it starts, it's time to go to work. It matters at Duke. It really matters this year because he had that co-championship in regular season [with Maryland], and now we want to get this tournament for ourselves alone. No sharing."

That's the no-frills message Krzyzewski hard-wired into his team this week.

It's also why the Blue Devils likely will take home another league championship trophy this afternoon - and why the coach will improve his career record to 862-279. Barring something unexpected, Krzyzewski will motor pass Dean Smith (879-254) fairly early next season.

It's an interesting contrast in the never-ending circle of Duke and North Carolina basketball relations. Smith's teams were prolific winners at the ACC tournament - before and after the NCAA field began to include at-large teams - but he never much cared for the ordeal of having to prepare for one tough tournament, followed immediately by another.

Krzyzewski has taken the opposite path. He's preached the importance of winning league championships. One way or another, his players respond favorably to the sermon.

Read more: ACC still matters to Coach K - Duke - NewsObserver.com

VN Store

Back