Not Bitter About The Loss, But Duke, My GOD

Can you smell it? That's a hint of Kentucky fan with a touch of arrogance talking about Duke basketball.
As a Carolina fan, I hate Duke with every fiber of my being. With that said, I will still pull for Duke against Kentucky.

Back to the original topic, Duke will ALWAYS get BS calls, they will ALWAYS flop, they will ALWAYS look like they have been stabbed with a switchblade if an opposing team's player barely scrapes a finger across their jersey.

Most people don't truly understand this if you don't watch much ACC basketball. When you get to see it against our beloved Vols, it makes it that much worse.

Reactions: 1 person
Mason Plumlee is the new Tyler Hansbrough, a sissyass pretty boy who cannot foul but has a constant protective halo and if a player dares breach it the whistle blows.

If either of the Plumlee boys ever wins every game they play against UNC in Chapel Hill (which they won't, because they lost last year), you might conceivably be able to say their name in the same sentence as Hansbrough (and, if you missed my point, TH was 4-0 at Cameron Indooor or, as I call it, Tyler's House). TH took more of a beating in any one given year than most players will take in their lives.

And, I hate Dook.

That's all. :)

Can you smell it? That's a hint of Kentucky fan with a touch of arrogance talking about Duke basketball.
As a Carolina fan, I hate Duke with every fiber of my being. With that said, I will still pull for Duke against Kentucky.

Back to the original topic, Duke will ALWAYS get BS calls, they will ALWAYS flop, they will ALWAYS look like they have been stabbed with a switchblade if an opposing team's player barely scrapes a finger across their jersey.

Most people don't truly understand this if you don't watch much ACC basketball. When you get to see it against our beloved Vols, it makes it that much worse.

I'm right there with you. It is the single most annoying thing on this earth to watch Dook play basketball. They are such punks. Did you see near the end of the game (during the last minute) when someone swiped within 6 inches of Dawkins' head and he flopped right in front of the UT bench? When he got up, he mouthed something to our bench and it looked like Cam was ready to take it outside...I wish he would have just clocked him with the pimp hand.

Mason Plumlee is the new Tyler Hansbrough, a sissyass pretty boy who cannot foul but has a constant protective halo and if a player dares breach it the whistle blows.

For the record, Tyler Hansbrough was not a sissyass pretty boy. You must have him confused with someone else.

You could, but you'd be wrong. I was actually on the JJ Redick bandwagon and stuck with Duke after he had graduated.

Lol, you catch a lot of flak on these boards for being a bandwagon fan, but a lot of the time you don't help yourself.

Did you just say, "I'm not a bandwagon fan, because I jumped on the bandwagon several years ago?"

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, Duke is soft. They are always soft.

As for someone ripping the UK fan...you all know how I feel about UK, but they aren't as whiny and soft as Duke. UK would drop Duke by 15 points and then offer to fight them in the parking lot afterwards.

I didn't see the final stat but thought Duke missed an awful lot of free throws, which is unusual for a Duke team

For the record, Tyler Hansbrough was not a sissyass pretty boy. You must have him confused with someone else.

Agreed....Hansbrough was anything but a pretty boy. He played hard.

This is true...

Tyler-Hansbrough.jpg

Tyler-Hansbrough.jpg

The Vols played a decent game last night. They hung for a while and showed Duke that they weren't going to bow down.

I didn't expect the Vols to win this one but was hoping that they would play hard and hold their own for the most part....and they did.

They showed promise and potential.

Duke is a good team and Coach K obviously is a great coach.

I hope UNC beats them though. :)

Go Vols

It may not have anything to do with Coach K, but his players are nothing but a bunch of pretty boy, whining ass sell jobs. Those pathetic sell jobs they displayed when contact would be made, and the looks on their faces when Tennessee got rough down in the post. GUESS WHAT DUKE PRETTY BOYS, THAT'S BASKETBALL. Basketball isn't football but my God, the refs couldn't keep their whistles out of their mouths, even when a little brisk bump would occur.

Welcome to Duke basketball. It's been that way for decades going back to Laettner and beyond. And yes, the refs make sure they get the calls everytime.

Slightly off-topic but what is going on with the 56 extra lines on the court? The 14 lines going across half-court can get kind of confusing with certain camera angles. Annoying as hell.

While I am not anything remotely close to a UNC fan, Tyler Hansbrough is anything but a sissyass pretty boy.

While basically a role player in the NBA, Hansbrough's 110% motor and anger issues gave him a great career in college. His skills never overwhelmed opponents, it was his effort and work ethic. I despise him and UNC, but that's the truth. Roy Williams is overrated, IMO.

Coach K is as good as anyone who has ever held the title "head coach." That being said, the way he teaches the flop makes me want to punch him in the windpipe. Dook is a great program, and yes, I despise them as well.

However, I would stand behind either of them against the dirty bastages from Louisville.

Lol, you catch a lot of flak on these boards for being a bandwagon fan, but a lot of the time you don't help yourself.

Did you just say, "I'm not a bandwagon fan, because I jumped on the bandwagon several years ago?"

I laughed. But, a lot of the people here who like UT in football and UNC in basketball (until Tennessee got good at basketball, of course) are just as bad.

Slightly off-topic but what is going on with the 56 extra lines on the court? The 14 lines going across half-court can get kind of confusing with certain camera angles. Annoying as hell.

I thought the same. Wouldn't have liked to be a pg there with constant feeling of being near the midcourt line.

Most people I assume I jumped on after the title run, but that's false. I followed Duke through first weekend and Sweet 16 exits, too. I consider a bandwagon fan some of the people who jump on Carolina when they have a great team, but could care less about them during rebuilding years.

Most people I assume I jumped on after the title run, but that's false. I followed Duke through first weekend and Sweet 16 exits, too. I consider a bandwagon fan some of the people who jump on Carolina when they have a great team, but could care less about them during rebuilding years.

I wouldn't give you a harf time but your user name is "tennesseefan" and yet you call yourself a Duke fan. Why don't you pick a school and stick with it? Are you a south carolina baseball fan just because they are good?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Roy Williams is overrated, IMO.
:blink: uhhh, what?

Roy Williams is a hall of fame coach without a doubt.
21 NCAA tournament appearances, 7 final fours and 2 Championships and he is overrated?

Is your hatred for everything not KY basketball blinded you that much? I would love to see your comparison of Calipari to Williams.

Your definition of a bandwagon fan is my definition of a fairweather fan.

My definition of a bandwagon fan is anyone that jumps on board with no logical ties to a program. Usually due to historical success or momentary success of a program. So there is some overlap in my book.

I mean it's not like Duke wasn't a ridiculously successful program before you were a fan.

:blink: uhhh, what?

Roy Williams is a hall of fame coach without a doubt.
21 NCAA tournament appearances, 7 final fours and 2 Championships and he is overrated?

Is your hatred for everything not KY basketball blinded you that much? I would love to see your comparison of Calipari to Williams.

Nope. Even with your years here on VN apparently you have never once read any of my posts. It has nothing to do UK, or with Cal, and I never said he was not a hall of fame coach.

How can one be overrated and also a hall of fame coach? Are you saying he is bottom of the barrel HoF status? Makes no sense.

How can one be overrated and also a hall of fame coach? Are you saying he is bottom of the barrel HoF status? Makes no sense.

Everybody wants to go to one extreme or the other, and do not even bother trying to understand what I'm saying. All I'm trying to say, is that his record and accomplishments are hall of fame worthy, but his skills as a tactician are not as great as many think they are. At the schools he has been at, he has had the ability to load up on talent (as he should). His national title teams were heavy with upperclassmen. I'm not saying Roy isn't a great coach, I'm not saying he isn't a hall of fame coach. I'm just saying that stripped down to the bare essentials of what a coach is, I think Roy is sometimes given more credit than he deserves, much like Billy Donovan after riding one good class for a few years.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back