MTSU Pruitt

Oh no I wasn't saying you said that. But have seen other posts about how bad Lane and Sark are. Butch was a decent recruiter but offensive analyst's can't recruit, Saban has elite recruiters up and down his staff so it has to be for film breakdown. Our special teams definitely improved under Butch except FG kicking. But Saban has a reason for everything he does and has earned that. I'll be curious to see if he can actually hire Butch. He mentioned the other day there was some hurdles and possible rules preventing the hire but we're looking into it.

Fair enough, I've seen those same posts. Stay tuned...

Yeah, sand mountain culture isnt like knoxville at all man, or Zimbabwe. Sand mountain is a different place, i live at the base of it and have had a ton of busi ess dealing on the mointain. Spent a ton of time up there, odd place.

A spent a little time in Fallujah, very little. Mostly Haditha, Hit, Haqlaneah (cant remeber how to spell it), and Ramadi and TQ.

I'm on the other side of the river from Sand Mountain, and you are right - it's a little different over there. I have bought furniture over in Dogtown - a very interesting way to get your house furnished. lol I promise you, if CJP is from Ft. Payne, there is a piece of furniture somewhere in his current house that was bought at Dogtown.

I'm not even sure sand mountain is actually a mountain, or just a region with a little elevation. Actually a lot of similarities (as for mannerisms and way of life) as east Tennessee in the foothills. You are right, not Knoxville, not Birmingham, not Chattanooga etc.

Reactions: 1 person
That's a reasonable argument. I still think that if Pruitt can have the kind of success we all hope he can and thereby prove he is capable of winning in the SEC, he would have to be on Bama's radar. If it does play-out that way, I just hope by that time Pruitt will feel a connection to Tennessee that is strong enough to keep him here.

I hope he's successful enough WE want him to stay a very long time.

Not sure why people are concerned with Pruitt going to Alabama after saban leaves. If he does, that means he did very well at Tennessee and if so, good.

Because, fans don’t want another disastrous coach carousel?

Last edited:
Yeah, sand mountain culture isnt like knoxville at all man, or Zimbabwe. Sand mountain is a different place, i live at the base of it and have had a ton of busi ess dealing on the mointain. Spent a ton of time up there, odd place.

A spent a little time in Fallujah, very little. Mostly Haditha, Hit, Haqlaneah (cant remeber how to spell it), and Ramadi and TQ.

Well many thanks. I have great respect for the military though I never served. Closest I ever came to Iraq was doing a plant startup in Saudi Arabia 10 years ago. That was enough sand for me.

Well many thanks. I have great respect for the military though I never served. Closest I ever came to Iraq was doing a plant startup in Saudi Arabia 10 years ago. That was enough sand for me.

No worries man, thanks. I owe alot to the USMC. Im owned nothing. Iraq sucks, but alot of the people there are good people. They have some pretty good food sometimes as well. They are just different from us, and always wilk be. The sooner we figure out we cant make everyone like us, the better we will be. Their security forces there have come a long way from where they were when we first started training them. Makes me happy to see when they are about to secure a city on their own, makes it all worth it.
Never been to Saudi, but id like to do. Kuwait is okay as well, in some parts.

Butch has still yet to be hired. Not sure I would put Kiffin in the not cutting it class. Kiffin is 46-24 66% as a college HC. And that includes a rebuild yr he was at TN, 28-15 at USC who was on probation and very limited scholarships and depth, then what he's done at FSU speaks for itself. He may be an immature doucher but he can coach.S ark didn't fail as a HC, he just made personal mistakes and fighting an addiction. I understand Saban hiring Kiffin as an OC and Sark as an analyst one year but Butch brings nothing to the table for Saban. EYou mentioned Brakes and Freeze..Both were good coach's but had off the field problems. But both are 2 of the better offensive minds. Then there's Butch who couldn't even beat a depleted Vandy secondary and team to get a Sugar Bowl bid. But it's hard to question Saban when you win like he does.

Wait, Kiffy is at FSU?? :crazy:

Not sure why people are concerned with Pruitt going to Alabama after saban leaves. If he does, that means he did very well at Tennessee and if so, good.

1) if he does as well as we hope, UT will make make it worth his while to stay. I think he stays if he is successful, why leave?
2) I don't think Dabo leaves either. What is the purpose?

No worries man, thanks. I owe alot to the USMC. Im owned nothing. Iraq sucks, but alot of the people there are good people. They have some pretty good food sometimes as well. They are just different from us, and always wilk be. The sooner we figure out we cant make everyone like us, the better we will be. Their security forces there have come a long way from where they were when we first started training them. Makes me happy to see when they are about to secure a city on their own, makes it all worth it.
Never been to Saudi, but id like to do. Kuwait is okay as well, in some parts.

The USMC is pretty good at what they do (understatement), and in this country we should all be thankful for that. But yeah, I think our country has a lot of lessons to be learned from the Irag action, and Afghanistan. Our kind of democracy ain't for everybody and you got to respect their cultures. But it's still a dog eat dog world and always will be, and in some neighborhoods it's eat or get eaten.

Reactions: 1 person
The USMC is pretty good at what they do (understatement), and in this country we should all be thankful for that. But yeah, I think our country has a lot of lessons to be learned from the Irag action, and Afghanistan. Our kind of democracy ain't for everybody and you got to respect their cultures. But it's still a dog eat dog world and always will be, and in some neighborhoods it's eat or get eaten.

It natural for people to "not get along". What's the mystery?

The ole stranger danger complex.

Probably a topic for the PF but thinking that we can let them do their thing and we will do ours won't work. Their thing is to rid the world of us......at least the radicals. If they aren't willing to completely keep the radicals in check, we will have issues.

Probably a topic for the PF but thinking that we can let them do their thing and we will do ours won't work. Their thing is to rid the world of us......at least the radicals. If they aren't willing to completely keep the radicals in check, we will have issues.

Yeah conversing a bit with VFB, kinda got off on a tangent. You make a good point, but "respect their culture" does not mean kow-tow to the evildoers. There is a bad element out there which is growing and infiltrating everywhere and is not going to be satisfied with co-existence on opposite sides of the planet either. Whether we want it or not this looks to be a multi-generational, existential type of conflict, of which we won't see the end in the foreseeable future. Job security for the USMC for certain. Back to football...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah conversing a bit with VFB, kinda got off on a tangent. You make a good point, but "respect their culture" does not mean kow-tow to the evildoers. There is a bad element out there which is growing and infiltrating everywhere and is not going to be satisfied with co-existence on opposite sides of the planet either. Whether we want it or not this looks to be a multi-generational, existential type of conflict, of which we won't see the end in the foreseeable future. Job security for the USMC for certain. Back to football...

Well said. God bless our men and women that serve our country.

Back to football.

Reactions: 2 people
1) if he does as well as we hope, UT will make make it worth his while to stay. I think he stays if he is successful, why leave?
2) I don't think Dabo leaves either. What is the purpose?

I believe Dabo leaves in a heartbeat but not sure JP would. Dabo bleeds Crimson as much as any bammer ever has. He's definitely the Bammers first choice. It ultimately will come down to what his wife wants to do and if he is prepared to be the one who follows Saban. Clemson is much easier to win at and much easier conference but Coach's are ego maniac's. He could be ready for a new challenge at his Alma mater and things could be getting stale with how long he's been at Clemson. Dabo is only 48 the age thing won't be a factor unless Saban Coach's another 8-10 years,which I doubt. It's easier to recruit to Ala, he rarely even gets got 8-10 classes at Clemson. With both him and his wife being born and bred in Ala, that probably make it a much easier decision. JMO though. I would say it would be similar to Fulmer as far as his love and passion for his school. Say Fulmer was hired at Clemson while Majors was HC and Phil had similar success at Clemson that Dabo has. Would Fulmer make the move to his Alma Mater that he loves, played for and was an Assist at? I don't think Fulmer would have thought twice about it and would have moved back home. Truthfully, the only thing Dabo would have to think hard on was him being the one followed Saban.But Dabo is a veteran HC who has won a NC and beaten Saban for a NC.As far as JP, unless it's 8-10 yrs before Saban retires, Pruitt wouldn't have the HC body of work that they would look for in their next HC.Y ou don't follow a Saban dynasty with an inexperienced HC who is at your 2nd most hated rival.Just my thoughts which carry zero weight.🤣🤣

I believe Dabo leaves in a heartbeat but not sure JP would. Dabo bleeds Crimson as much as any bammer ever has. He's definitely the Bammers first choice. It ultimately will come down to what his wife wants to do and if he is prepared to be the one who follows Saban. Clemson is much easier to win at and much easier conference but Coach's are ego maniac's. He could be ready for a new challenge at his Alma mater and things could be getting stale with how long he's been at Clemson. Dabo is only 48 the age thing won't be a factor unless Saban Coach's another 8-10 years,which I doubt. It's easier to recruit to Ala, he rarely even gets got 8-10 classes at Clemson. With both him and his wife being born and bred in Ala, that probably make it a much easier decision. JMO though. I would say it would be similar to Fulmer as far as his love and passion for his school. Say Fulmer was hired at Clemson while Majors was HC and Phil had similar success at Clemson that Dabo has. Would Fulmer make the move to his Alma Mater that he loves, played for and was an Assist at? I don't think Fulmer would have thought twice about it and would have moved back home. Truthfully, the only thing Dabo would have to think hard on was him being the one followed Saban.But Dabo is a veteran HC who has won a NC and beaten Saban for a NC.As far as JP, unless it's 8-10 yrs before Saban retires, Pruitt wouldn't have the HC body of work that they would look for in their next HC.Y ou don't follow a Saban dynasty with an inexperienced HC who is at your 2nd most hated rival.Just my thoughts which carry zero weight.🤣🤣

The Fulmer comparison looks good on the surface but doesn't really hold true. UT =/= Alabama. There is a MUCH higher expectation at Bama from a championship level. We hope to compete for the SEC every year and play in the SECCG every few years, they expect to be in the NC hunt every year. What I believe/hope happens is that Pruitt is successful enough here that he stays. Dabo will not be in the next coach at Bama. He will wait for Saban's replacement to fail and then go. That means 5-8 years (1-2 failed Saban replacements) after Saban leaves. I don't care what his wife says, if he is smart, he will let the Saban years die out a little and carry on at Clemson for awhile. She isn't the one working and growing old at an accelerated pace, he is. If you don't think he will age trying to follow Saban, you really don't know what pressure is.

VN Store

Back