MTSU Pruitt

Exactly. Ala was in the exact same situation we've been in before Saban got there. Based off what dude said Ala should have never had bad years or needed to pay what they do for a HC. Based off what he is saying, they could bring in a Butch Jones or a Ron Look for half the money but same results because it's Ala. I live among them so I know how twisted they get things.

You can't blame the poor gump for trying. He must be new to their wagon. When a fan is 40+ years old but has only been a fan for 10 years, bandwagon is the best description.

Reactions: 2 people
You mean 5 national championships have a way of washing away the mistakes? Yeah, it's a great tonic.

It does but Saban was washing away Alabama's mistakes not ones created by him. Wanna guess where Ala would be if Mike Riley and Rich Rod hadn't turned Ala down that yr and not been able to make that 2nd run at Saban? My bet is neither would have lasted more than 4 yrs there.

You can't blame the poor gump for trying. He must be new to their wagon. When a fan is 40+ years old but has only been a fan for 10 years, bandwagon is the best description.

Yea that has happened a lot since Saban was hired. I've watched that transformation first hand. I've seen AU fans suddenly become Bammers and numerous other fans of different schools. I'll stick with being a Ride or Die Vol fan and wait out the bad times.

Hiring coaches are taken with the same concern and focus that recruiting is given. There are no stupor decisions in Tuscaloosa.

I find it hilarious that one of your fellow gumpers called me last night crying that ya'll got the green weenie in the coaching exchange.I had to agree and laugh when he said Saban has lost his ever loving gumping mind.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, cuz why would Kirby or Dabo wanna take that job?

Why would Dabo go to Bama? They give his program everything he needs at Clemson. He has built it to be just as good and relevant. He has no reason to go. So he's an alum? What more can he do at Bama that he is not already doing at Clemson.

It doesn't matter until we get really good. And just when we're starting to think the future is bright, Saban quits, Bama comes calling and Pruitt goes running home.

But I guess if we have some good years, then we won't be able to complain much. We hired a Bama guy.

Dabo is the next coach at Bama. He'll pull a "Roy Williams" and run home to Tuscaloosa as soon as Saban retires. Book it.

Dabo is the next coach at Bama. He'll pull a "Roy Williams" and run home to Tuscaloosa as soon as Saban retires. Book it.

Roy turned UNC down the first time, hence the Matt Doherty Experience.

Butch has still yet to be hired. Not sure I would put Kiffin in the not cutting it class. Kiffin is 46-24 66% as a college HC. And that includes a rebuild yr he was at TN, 28-15 at USC who was on probation and very limited scholarships and depth, then what he's done at FSU speaks for itself. He may be an immature doucher but he can coach.S ark didn't fail as a HC, he just made personal mistakes and fighting an addiction. I understand Saban hiring Kiffin as an OC and Sark as an analyst one year but Butch brings nothing to the table for Saban. EYou mentioned Brakes and Freeze..Both were good coach's but had off the field problems. But both are 2 of the better offensive minds. Then there's Butch who couldn't even beat a depleted Vandy secondary and team to get a Sugar Bowl bid. But it's hard to question Saban when you win like he does.

Remember, the original comment was Nick Saban's Home for Wayward Coaches. Meaning they all lost their direction. I never said any of them were bad coaches. As you stated, four of the five made poor off the field decisions. Coaches get fired for any number of things. With social media being what it is, you can get fired with a strong winning percentage if you foul up away from the field. Even Butch can bring something to the table. Tennessee's special teams play improved dramatically under Butch. And Butch can recruit. Saban will find a way to tap into that.

Why would Dabo go to Bama? They give his program everything he needs at Clemson. He has built it to be just as good and relevant. He has no reason to go. So he's an alum? What more can he do at Bama that he is not already doing at Clemson.

I don't know if he would leave or not but Dabo is a Bammer to his core. He would have it much easier at Ala as far as recruiting and he may be ready for a change by then. But winning the ACC is much easier and also an easier CFP path than in the SEC. But he bleeds Crimson, similar to Fulmer and Orange. Hes dodged that question before but has never denied his interest once it does come open. Also have the both him and his wife are from Pelham, Al and Ala Alum's. Wanting to get back home could be a factor if that's something his wife has wanted. More times than not it's non football factors that make the decisions. I think he would take the Ala job without thinking twice, especially if it's what Kathleen wants. I'm sure he gets the first opportunity to follow Saban, whenever that is.

I find it hilarious that one of your fellow gumpers called me last night crying that ya'll got the green weenie in the coaching exchange.I had to agree and laugh when he said Saban has lost his ever loving gumping mind.

Perhaps if we exchanged HCs. But we didn't.

And you might want to check with your accountant for winners and losers here, cause you guys are mostly paying for the privilege.

Breaking News: Nick Saban has resigned as head coach of the University of Alabama.

Accepts same position at Kent St.

Remember, the original comment was Nick Saban's Home for Wayward Coaches. Meaning they all lost their direction. I never said any of them were bad coaches. As you stated, four of the five made poor off the field decisions. Coaches get fired for any number of things. With social media being what it is, you can get fired with a strong winning percentage if you foul up away from the field. Even Butch can bring something to the table. Tennessee's special teams play improved dramatically under Butch. And Butch can recruit. Saban will find a way to tap into that.

Oh no I wasn't saying you said that. But have seen other posts about how bad Lane and Sark are. Butch was a decent recruiter but offensive analyst's can't recruit, Saban has elite recruiters up and down his staff so it has to be for film breakdown. Our special teams definitely improved under Butch except FG kicking. But Saban has a reason for everything he does and has earned that. I'll be curious to see if he can actually hire Butch. He mentioned the other day there was some hurdles and possible rules preventing the hire but we're looking into it.

Dabo will not turn Bama if they come after him.

And they WILL come after him.

100% agree. Dabo and his wife are Bammers and grew up together in Pelham. Some very deep roots there that go beyond just football. He will be their first call and he's not turning the Ala job down. Dabo has been at Clemson since '03 and just finished his 9th full yr as HC. Things start getting stale in that time, Especially if it's not where you grew up. Unless some kind of scandal involving Dabo comes up or possible sanctions at Ala then he follows Nick when he retires. Dabo is still in his 40's and doubt he plans on being at Clemson till he retires. There's very little chance he turns down Ala. If his wife was from the S.Carol area and not Ala it could keep him from saying yes but she loves her home state. She Wasn't happy about having to leave for Clemson but she knew it was a great opportunity for Dabo.

It does but Saban was washing away Alabama's mistakes not ones created by him. Wanna guess where Ala would be if Mike Riley and Rich Rod hadn't turned Ala down that yr and not been able to make that 2nd run at Saban? My bet is neither would have lasted more than 4 yrs there.

What If's are for Orangeville. It's what you do when you're in an 11 game losing streak and it still looks like rain.

Perhaps if we exchanged HCs. But we didn't.

And you might want to check with your accountant for winners and losers here, cause you guys are mostly paying for the privilege.

The University of Tennessee has the correct change so money isn't an issue.We'll gladly pay for your new cancer.Just wait till they start playing Sweet Home Alabubba and Seargent Carter turns redder than your neck stomping around trying to figure out where it's coming from.

100% agree. Dabo and his wife are Bammers and grew up together in Pelham. Some very deep roots there that go beyond just football. He will be their first call and he's not turning the Ala job down. Dabo has been at Clemson since '03 and just finished his 9th full yr as HC. Things start getting stale in that time, Especially if it's not where you grew up. Unless some kind of scandal involving Dabo comes up or possible sanctions at Ala then he follows Nick when he retires. Dabo is still in his 40's and doubt he plans on being at Clemson till he retires. There's very little chance he turns down Ala. If his wife was from the S.Carol area and not Ala it could keep him from saying yes but she loves her home state. She Wasn't happy about having to leave for Clemson but she knew it was a great opportunity for Dabo.

I bet she was ECSTATIC to leave for Clemson. Dabo was fired (along with the rest of Mike Dubose’s staff) after the 2000 season, lived off his buyout in 2001 and sold real estate in 2002.

What If's are for Orangeville. It's what you do when you're in an 11 game losing streak and it still looks like rain.

Good thing for you Ala has never gone through bad yrs and a losing streak to one of their biggest rivals..Oh wait..that did happen..and remind me again how many HC's has Ala had since Stallings? Let's see Denise, Price, Fran, Shula then Saban. It appears you are one of those bandwagon bammers if you don't remember the stretch from '97 to '06. Also from '95 to '06 Tennessee went 10-2 vs Ala including 7 straight. If you're gonna talk $hit atleast have some knowledge of it. Only explanation is you're a late blooming Bammer and it began shortly after the Saban hiring. It's a very common trend in Bammer ville.

Reactions: 3 people
I bet she was ECSTATIC to leave for Clemson. Dabo was fired (along with the rest of Mike Dubose’s staff) after the 2000 season, lived off his buyout in 2001 and sold real estate in 2002.

You obviously have very little knowledge of this, so I'll help you get woke. He had to convince her to leave the state she had known her whole life. Yes She told him to take it because it was his passion.And btw he was very successful at real estate, so they definitely weren't hurting for money. She was also pregnant when he accepted the job under Bowden. She was far from ecstatic about moving from the only place she had known, while building a new house and being pregnant. Who wouldn't hope and pray about that dream scenario happening? I'm sure she loves Clemson now but if the opportunity came up, it wouldn't be a long thinking process on moving back home.

What are tonight’s winning Mega-Millions numbers? :question:

Why does this topic bother you so much that you try to argue with anyone you share a difference of opinion with? I live in the same area Dabo and Kathleen grew up in so none of this is exactly a family secret that has been kept quiet.

You obviously have very little knowledge of this, so I'll help you get woke. He had to convince her to leave the state she had known her whole life. Yes She told him to take it because it was his passion.And btw he was very successful at real estate, so they definitely weren't hurting for money. She was also pregnant when he accepted the job under Bowden. She was far from ecstatic about moving from the only place she had known, while building a new house and being pregnant. Who wouldn't hope and pray about that dream scenario happening? I'm sure she loves Clemson now but if the opportunity came up, it wouldn't be a long thinking process on moving back home.

So when he became a football coach, she thought he’d always have a job at Alabama? Maybe now that she’s been “woke” bout dat, she can take a crash course on how many HC’s crashed (and hard!) after immediately following a legend. Those loving fellow Bama comrades throwing bricks through your windows after a loss to Auburn? Culture shock when compared to the light whining when her husband’s team lost to Pitt. I’m not saying Dabo isn’t raring at the challenge. I’m saying there’s no way in hell YOU’D know.

Why does this topic bother you so much that you try to argue with anyone you share a difference of opinion with? I live in the same area Dabo and Kathleen grew up in so none of this is exactly a family secret that has been kept quiet.

I don’t think it was a family secret. I think it was a family matter that YOU had no access to. And of the two of us, I seem to be the only one that understands the concept of “opinion”. :)

It doesn't matter until we get really good. And just when we're starting to think the future is bright, Saban quits, Bama comes calling and Pruitt goes running home.

But I guess if we have some good years, then we won't be able to complain much. We hired a Bama guy.

Dabo would be 1st phone call.

🤬🤬🤬

VN Store

Back