MTSU Pruitt

It doesn't matter until we get really good. And just when we're starting to think the future is bright, Saban quits, Bama comes calling and Pruitt goes running home.

But I guess if we have some good years, then we won't be able to complain much. We hired a Bama guy.

Yeah, and I guess all the women's basketball teams that hired Pat acolytes were saying the same thing. Get your head out of your ass or if you'd rather have a ****ty life worrying about stuff that hasn't and might not happen, have at it.

Reactions: 3 people
Ah yes, the jaded offseason thread of Tennessee Vol fan...... Just got a coach, hasn't coached a game yet and we are whining about how he will leave us in a few years to go back to Alabama.....geez guys give it some time would you.

Reactions: 1 person
There is a difference between being "From" such and such... And being an "Alum" of such and such. I don't know why it's so hard to understand the difference in levels of loyalty. Our coach is a University of Alabama Alum. I think it is MORE than fair to question where his TRUE loyalties lay.

Last edited:
have nothing to do with it. It is what he does from this point forward that will determine what CGP is. For now he is Tennessee head Coach. I hope he brings championships back to Knoxville and stays for 20 years.

There is a difference between being "From" such and such... And being an "Alum" of such and such. I don't know why it's so hard to understand the difference in levels of loyalty. Our coach is a University of Alabama Alum. I think it is MORE than fair to question where his TRUE loyalties lay.

Your biggest problem there is that Pruitt was born, raised in Alabama. He played for Gene Stallings at Alabama. Everything he thinks, does, and will say, is in the Bama pill he took today.

Since we're talking about MTSU, Bear Bryant is said to have said: "Coaching is a lot like preaching" (preachers move around).

Coach Pruitt is very learn-ed, and is now teaching his method in Tennessee, and I'm happy for him and his family. I'm anxious to see how he molds this team, his way (and I trust he and Phil have a healthy relationship).

Your biggest problem there is that Pruitt was born, raised in Alabama. He played for Gene Stallings at Alabama. Everything he thinks, does, and will say, is in the Bama pill he took today.

Has Saban hired any UT grads since getting to gumpville?

Is it true that Pruitt's Father is an all burn fan?

****ing Troll.......good effort but please leave the gullible ones alone. It's hard enough in here without them foaming at the mouth to fire a coach before he starts.

It appears Saban OD'd and went into a stupor hiring Botch
Bwaaaahahahaha

It appears Saban OD'd and went into a stupor hiring Botch
Bwaaaahahahaha

When he hired Kiffen I consider that his 1st mistake. This has got to count as 2 mistakes.

The only thing I can figure is that Butch is good at breaking down film. I remember how he would review game film on his show. I liked it.

He was able to identify prototype players. He just played them at the wrong position.

When he hired Kiffen I consider that his 1st mistake. This has got to count as 2 mistakes.

The only thing I can figure is that Butch is good at breaking down film. I remember how he would review game film on his show. I liked it.

He was able to identify prototype players. He just played them at the wrong position.

Kinda odd after all these years that you can't figure out what he's good at. If he comes aboard as a non-coaching staff member it will certainly be his recruiting skills and attention to detail for sure. Coach Saban loves to surround himself with people who have an organizational skill about them. Both Sark and Daboll were praised for it as OCs.

Coach Saban has always surrounded himself with ex-head coaches throughout his staff, on/off the field positions. HCs who have been through the battles and better yet if that includes the SEC.

And lastly, the first time I heard butch speak about the "red" team I knew one day he was going to have to try it for himself. Turns out he looks pretty good in red.

Kinda odd after all these years that you can't figure out what he's good at. If he comes aboard as a non-coaching staff member it will certainly be his recruiting skills and attention to detail for sure. Coach Saban loves to surround himself with people who have an organizational skill about them. Both Sark and Daboll were praised for it as OCs.

Coach Saban has always surrounded himself with ex-head coaches throughout his staff, on/off the field positions. HCs who have been through the battles and better yet if that includes the SEC.

And lastly, the first time I heard butch speak about the "red" team I knew one day he was going to have to try it for himself. Turns out he looks pretty good in red.

Hahahaha I love it. Nice to have a little bama opinion on here. I myself love the OPINIONS of other fan bases. I Find that we have to agree to disagree on many things though

Saban has surpassed Bama. Gumpville is a by product of Saban being a great coach. I've got no problem tipping my cap to a great HC.

Ever since Saban quoted General Neyland's Maxims of Football, I figured he was smarter than most of the people in gumpland.

I've always though of Arkansas as being "red", Ms St maroon, and the gumps as mix of the two. Replace the black in your hounds tooth and y'all might be on to something.

Saban should start a rehabilitative program for guys that couldn't cut it.

Nick Saban's Home for Wayward Coaches

Saban has surpassed Bama. Gumpville is a by product of Saban being a great coach. I've got no problem tipping my cap to a great HC.

Ever since Saban quoted General Neyland's Maxims of Football, I figured he was smarter than most of the people in gumpland.

I've always though of Arkansas as being "red", Ms St maroon, and the gumps as mix of the two. Replace the black in your hounds tooth and y'all might be on to something.

Coach Saban has been around football for many a decade. He has been a head coach for 4 different teams before Alabama. Look at his record, wins/losses/championships and compare that to his accomplishments at the Capstone. Without Alabama, I'm afraid he was going to waste away in the NFL with only a minor footnote to his success in college football.

We have been resurrecting careers for forever. It's what we do at Alabama. And we will get butch straightened out in time and have him contributing once again to society as a whole. It's the process.

Hiring coaches are taken with the same concern and focus that recruiting is given. There are no stupor decisions in Tuscaloosa.

Maybe not anymore. There was a time that couldn't be said. The Mike Dubose/Dennis Franchione/Mike Price/Mike Shula days must seem like a century ago after a decade of Saban.

Maybe not anymore. There was a time that couldn't be said. The Mike Dubose/Dennis Franchione/Mike Price/Mike Shula days must seem like a century ago after a decade of Saban.

You mean 5 national championships have a way of washing away the mistakes? Yeah, it's a great tonic.

Coach's have no loyalties except to their current job. If not, they won't be in the business for long. Very rarely do coach's end up HC at their Alma Mater. Take Spurrier. He would have not left Fla for the NFL nor would he have coached at SC . He definitely wouldn't have done everything possible to beat Fla every year, which he did a few times. These Coach's take care of their families with the profession they have chosen. Having loyalties to a team you aren't coaching just because you graduated from there won't lead to much success. Nor will it set up much stability. Les Miles could have left LSU for his Alma Mater Michigan but chose not to. The whole loyalty to the school you graduated from is very overblown. Would fans have had a problem if Spurrier was hired here after he left the NFL? I doubt many would. Pat Dye went to and played at GA. But is an Auburn Coaching legend. David Cutcliff is a Bammer Alum. Dabo being a Bammer Alum didn't keep him from beating Ala for a NC. Bill Battle, A Bammer Alum was a HC at TN in the 70's for 6 yrs. The year Ala hired Saban, Mike Riley a former Ala Alumn turned down the HC job. 2 of S.Carolina's last 3 HC's are Flor and GA Alumn's.Long as a coach wins It doesn't matter when he played or graduated from.

Reactions: 4 people
Coach Saban has been around football for many a decade. He has been a head coach for 4 different teams before Alabama. Look at his record, wins/losses/championships and compare that to his accomplishments at the Capstone. Without Alabama, I'm afraid he was going to waste away in the NFL with only a minor footnote to his success in college football.

We have been resurrecting careers for forever. It's what we do at Alabama. And we will get butch straightened out in time and have him contributing once again to society as a whole. It's the process.

Y'all have had your share of disastrous seasons to prove it's more about Saban than it is about bama.

Reactions: 2 people
He already has. Kiffin, Sarkisian, and now Butch. Who's next, Art Briles or Hugh Freeze?

Butch has still yet to be hired. Not sure I would put Kiffin in the not cutting it class. Kiffin is 46-24 66% as a college HC. And that includes a rebuild yr he was at TN, 28-15 at USC who was on probation and very limited scholarships and depth, then what he's done at FSU speaks for itself. He may be an immature doucher but he can coach.S ark didn't fail as a HC, he just made personal mistakes and fighting an addiction. I understand Saban hiring Kiffin as an OC and Sark as an analyst one year but Butch brings nothing to the table for Saban. EYou mentioned Brakes and Freeze..Both were good coach's but had off the field problems. But both are 2 of the better offensive minds. Then there's Butch who couldn't even beat a depleted Vandy secondary and team to get a Sugar Bowl bid. But it's hard to question Saban when you win like he does.

Saban was far from needing to be resurrected. Saban resurrected Ala, not the other way around. Saban came in and turned a decade plus worth of bad decisions, poor coaching hires, numerous probations and some bad football teams into a dynasty that's never been done in college football. I'm trying to think of who Ala has resurrected that you speak of. Debose-no, Fran-no,Price-no,Shula-no,. That statement was very puzzling. Saban turned a LSU team around that had sunk into mediocrity and set up Miles to continue what he fixed. Saban hadn't been at another school as long as Ala and nobody is gonna win many NC's at a couple Mac Schools and Mich St. If Ala supposedly made Saban who he is now then why couldn't previous Coach's also do the same? Saban would have done the same thing he's done at Ala to TN, GA and Fla. I definitely don't recall Ala recruiting to the level that Saban has before he arrived. All these Elite players he gets year in and out don't come because it's Ala, they come because they know Saban win's and will get them to the NFL.

Reactions: 4 people
Y'all have had your share of disastrous seasons to prove it's more about Saban than it is about bama.

Exactly. Ala was in the exact same situation we've been in before Saban got there. Based off what dude said Ala should have never had bad years or needed to pay what they do for a HC. Based off what he is saying, they could bring in a Butch Jones or a Ron Zook for half the money but same results because it's Ala. I live among them so I know how twisted they get things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back