MTSU Pruitt

To those that still or will always have that tainted view of our coach being from Alabama. The MTSU ties help any? From what I can tell he is already showing some love.

If that doesn't work, try this. Pruitt is from Rainsville, which is on Sand Mountain, in the northeastern part of the state. Sand Mountain is more culturally related to the mountainous areas of Southern Appalachia than to the rest of Alabama. If you've ever driven through there, you'll note it doesn't fit in with the rest of the state. Also, other Alabamians think Sand Mountain is impoverished and violent, and a drag on the state.

Reactions: 1 person
So when he became a football coach, she thought he’d always have a job at Alabama? Maybe now that she’s been “woke” bout dat, she can take a crash course on how many HC’s crashed (and hard!) after immediately following a legend. Those loving fellow Bama comrades throwing bricks through your windows after a loss to Auburn? Culture shock when compared to the light whining when her husband’s team lost to Pitt. I’m not saying Dabo isn’t raring at the challenge. I’m saying there’s no way in hell YOU’D know.

Hey if you can claim knowing who every football starter is gonna be and be more knowledgeable than any Vol Coach's then I came claim the ability to solve world hunger if I want.And no I never said she expected him to be at Ala forever. I just said it was something she had never had to do, had never lived anywhere but Ala near her family and compound being pregnant on top of that. She was more than content with him being in real estate and coming home every night. Your uncanny ability to not process what people say then just make up stuff because of that gift is very impressive. I'm not trying to sell you on Dabo to Ala because I have nothing that hinges on you agreeing or not agreeing with me. I also just said I thought he Would take it in a heartbeat if offered because of the reasons already mentioned. I'm just curious why you are trying to argue with me over what one of our rivals does. I don't care who they hire because nobody could continue that run Saban started. They only have one place to go and that's down. I prefer he stay at Clemson and Ala hire some other Alum not named Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people
I don’t think it was a family secret. I think it was a family matter that YOU had no access to. And of the two of us, I seem to be the only one that understands the concept of “opinion”. :)

You have no clue what I do or don't know. It's not like I'm always on here claiming some inside info on everything Vol or football related. Not sure what you think I have to gain from saying stuff not even Vol related or anything 99% of Vol fans don't even care about. You just love being argumentative with the majority of VN.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey if you can claim knowing who every football starter is gonna be and be more knowledgeable than any Vol Coach's then I came claim the ability to solve world hunger if I want.And no I never said she expected him to be at Ala forever. I just said it was something she had never had to do, had never lived anywhere but Ala near her family and compound being pregnant on top of that. She was more than content with him being in real estate and coming home every night. Your uncanny ability to not process what people say then just make up stuff because of that gift is very impressive. I'm not trying to sell you on Dabo to Ala because I have nothing that hinges on you agreeing or not agreeing with me. I also just said I thought he Would take it in a heartbeat if offered because of the reasons already mentioned. I'm just curious why you are trying to argue with me over what one of our rivals does. I don't care who they hire because nobody could continue that run Saban started. They only have one place to go and that's down. I prefer he stay at Clemson and Ala hire some other Alum not named Pruitt.

Takes :victory: to argue...but you wouldn’t know anything about that, huh?

There is a difference between being "From" such and such... And being an "Alum" of such and such. I don't know why it's so hard to understand the difference in levels of loyalty. Our coach is a University of Alabama Alum. I think it is MORE than fair to question where his TRUE loyalties lay.

If he is as smart as they say he will be loyal to himself. It is in his best interest to turn us into a powerhouse. That gives him options.

No establish coach with a good salary wants to follow Saben. It is a high risk low reward situation. For A lower paid coach it could be high risk high reward.

If Pruit is winning at TN he’ll will be making enough to stay.

If that doesn't work, try this. Pruitt is from Rainsville, which is on Sand Mountain, in the northeastern part of the state. Sand Mountain is more culturally related to the mountainous areas of Southern Appalachia than to the rest of Alabama. If you've ever driven through there, you'll note it doesn't fit in with the rest of the state. Also, other Alabamians think Sand Mountain is impoverished and violent, and a drag on the state.

Sand mountain fits in just fine, its a dump just like the rest of the state minus Huntsville and Mobile.

Last edited:

So you're saying he might feel more at home near the Smokies than in Tuscalooser? I'll buy that, especially after a few winning seasons as UT's Head Ball Coach.

So you're saying he might feel more at home near the Smokies than in Tuscalooser? I'll buy that, especially after a few winning seasons as UT's Head Ball Coach.

So, was he comparing sand mountain alabama to knoxville and the smokies? Yeah, paris is the same as Fallujah too.

So, was he comparing sand mountain alabama to knoxville and the smokies? Yeah, paris is the same as Fallujah too.

Seems he was saying Sand Mountain has more in common culturally (if I can use the word loosely) with the area where Knoxville sits than it does with the rest of Alabama. So yeah. You seen duty in Fallujah?

Why does everyone assume Dabo will be Bama's choice to replace Saban? Dabo will only be the clear heir apparent if Pruitt hasn't turned us into a top team. Wasn't that our expectation when we hired him?

Are we saying that we really don't have confidence in Pruitt?

It really doesn't matter where you come from.

People build their legacies from the ground up. Where Pruitt is standing today is all that matters in his life and his future.

All we can do is hope he builds something special here.

Saban is from West Virginia and got his start at Michigan State soooo.....

Why does everyone assume Dabo will be Bama's choice to replace Saban? Dabo will only be the clear heir apparent if Pruitt hasn't turned us into a top team. Wasn't that our expectation when we hired him?

Are we saying that we really don't have confidence in Pruitt?

Dabo's ties go even deeper than Pruitt's to Alabama. The fans choice is definitely Dabo, rarely is anybody else mentioned. It's the general consensus down here anyway. Guess it also depends on how long Saban Coach's for. If it's 2-3 more yrs then there would be a very small body of work to know if JP is up in the elite class of HC's. If it's another 10 yrs then Dabo would be pushing 60 and may not want to make a move at that age. I doubt Saban Coach's more than 5 yrs at the most. By then he would have gotten the most Championships by a HC in history and have nothing else to prove.

I like Tennessee ties. However, Gen Robt Neyland set a pretty good standard as a UT coach and he was from TX and attended aTm and West Point.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Different time , different culture.

Neyland's integrity could never be questioned by anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

Not sure Pruitt's cut from the same cloth. I hope he is and time will certainly tell.

Dabo's ties go even deeper than Pruitt's to Alabama. The fans choice is definitely Dabo, rarely is anybody else mentioned. It's the general consensus down here anyway. Guess it also depends on how long Saban Coach's for. If it's 2-3 more yrs then there would be a very small body of work to know if JP is up in the elite class of HC's. If it's another 10 yrs then Dabo would be pushing 60 and may not want to make a move at that age. I doubt Saban Coach's more than 5 yrs at the most. By then he would have gotten the most Championships by a HC in history and have nothing else to prove.

That's a reasonable argument. I still think that if Pruitt can have the kind of success we all hope he can and thereby prove he is capable of winning in the SEC, he would have to be on Bama's radar. If it does play-out that way, I just hope by that time Pruitt will feel a connection to Tennessee that is strong enough to keep him here.

That's a reasonable argument. I still think that if Pruitt can have the kind of success we all hope he can and thereby prove he is capable of winning in the SEC, he would have to be on Bama's radar. If it does play-out that way, I just hope by that time Pruitt will feel a connection to Tennessee that is strong enough to keep him here.

I absolutely agree. If he turns us around fast he would definitely be right up there at the top with Dabo. Hopefully Saban retires sooner than later.

Seems he was saying Sand Mountain has more in common culturally (if I can use the word loosely) with the area where Knoxville sits than it does with the rest of Alabama. So yeah. You seen duty in Fallujah?

Yeah, sand mountain culture isnt like knoxville at all man, or Zimbabwe. Sand mountain is a different place, i live at the base of it and have had a ton of busi ess dealing on the mointain. Spent a ton of time up there, odd place.

A spent a little time in Fallujah, very little. Mostly Haditha, Hit, Haqlaneah (cant remeber how to spell it), and Ramadi and TQ.

Not sure why people are concerned with Pruitt going to Alabama after saban leaves. If he does, that means he did very well at Tennessee and if so, good.

Why does anyone care where a coach went to school or used to coach? I used to be a Head Coach and wanted to beat my Alma Mater more than anything.

Getting a HC with UT ties would be great...But there aren't ANY out there. That is sad.

VN Store

Back