Moore v. Strange

I earlier said that Moore was trying to Make America 1957 Again. I was mistaken.

At a rally the other day, he pulled out a gun.

moore-gun-photo1jpg-2e60caa23f59831e.jpg

When he went to vote, he showed up on a horse.

moore.horse_.jpg

Thus, I should have said that he wants to Make America 1857 Again.

My bad.

Reactions: 2 people
I earlier said that Moore was trying to Make America 1957 Again. I was mistaken.

moore.horse_.jpg

My bad.

LG, it's Alabama. Regardless who they elect they will be an idiot.

Reactions: 4 people
Everybody acknowledges that Southern Democrats were big racists in the 1950s and 1960s. Those people who were racists and bigots became Republicans. That is why the Republican party is what it is today--racist and associated with the wealthy and big business--and the Democrats work to help minorities and the common man. Nobody's running from anything.

You truly are one stupid mother lover

Reactions: 3 people

moore.horse_.jpg

My bad.

Trump may have a little competition for the "Dotard of the Year" award, and here I was thinking he had it locked up.

Reactions: 5 people
Uh, Roy, I think maybe it's time to head to the house.

Jones has been closing - RCP has it at 6 points.

My read of the situation is Jones has momentum and could easily win. This information should push that to more likelihood.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2017 - Alabama Senate Special Election - Moore vs. Jones

It's really going to be a test of how red a state Alabama truly is, isn't it? A state like Alabama would only elect a Democrat in some kind of crazy circumstance like this. And I would imagine Jones, politically, is probably extremely similar to someone like Luther Strange.

I didn't realize it was coming up so soon (December special election). Too late to take Moore's name off the ballot if he were to drop out (which he isn't).

Alabama has a law about changing the ballot 70 something days prior to the election.

They also have a "sore loser" rule where a primary loser cannot run as an Independent.

Strange could go as a write in but that guarantees a split vote and a win for Jones (barring some type of 50% rule and a run-off like they do in the primaries).

Interesting possible way out:

Alabama GOP can remove Moore as a candidate. His name remains on the ballot. If he still gets more votes than Jones the election is null and void and has to be rescheduled.

Technically there was no need for a special election this year since the seat was coming up next year. Also a possibility the governor (the one who decided to have a special election) could cancel the special election and let it occur on the regular schedule but the Jones people would have a fit.

Interesting possible way out:

Alabama GOP can remove Moore as a candidate. His name remains on the ballot. If he still gets more votes than Jones the election is null and void and has to be rescheduled.

Technically there was no need for a special election this year since the seat was coming up next year. Also a possibility the governor (the one who decided to have a special election) could cancel the special election and let it occur on the regular schedule but the Jones people would have a fit.

I say do it. Republicans need to learn how to be as ruthless Dems are.

VN Store

Back