Mike Houston??? All over twitter that this could be the next HC

hello.png

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it's not "all over" twitter, you got one jacka$$ from rocky top insider saying it. Haven't seen Hubbs, or Rucker or anyone else for that matter mentioning Mike Houston

Thank you for dousing this idiot fire before it spread!

Anybody know if Jimmy Sexton is his agent? If so seems like a great move to float his name knowing he won't get the job, maybe open opportunity at one of the other schools.j

Haven't the fox sports guys in Knoxville been wrong enough? If you throw it enough names you're bound to be correct eventually. That doesn't mean the 100 wrong guesses should be ignores

Reactions: 1 person
I am hearing rumors that Jamey Dubose may get an interview. We'd be really lucky to get him considering that we cannot beat any SEC teams. Big rebuild, but I think he's up to it.

You honestly believe that this program requires a big rebuild? And Jamey Dubose??

If he had only turned his hat backward and thrown in a few chest bumps before body slamming the trash can....would have had me for sure.

The kind of guy that goes to a lower tier P5 program as a stop for 2-3 years of translating his success to the big boy game before going to a top10 destination. Oh wait, UT has become a lower tier P5 program of late, at least if we are looking at on field production stats. :eek:hmy:

It did translate in to success for Urban Crier (Utah) & Saban (Michigan State) who left small schools and had success on the next level....

Ya never know. Either a guy can coach or he can't coach...

Sure, you can find plenty of examples both ways, but our last 2 that we have hired from a lower level (Dooley and Butch), have to give us pause. And while we will probably end up hiring an up and comer, I would at least prefer we hire a hot lower tier FBS coach rather than going down to the FSC level. I think I would even prefer a hot coordinator from a top P5 school than an FCS school.

Well, for the better part of 5 years many on here propped Butch up next to Dools like he was Vince Lombardi.

Yep. This is what happens when you set the bar of coaching success at "better than the last coach", instead of "better than our opponent's coach".

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back