Mike Houston??? All over twitter that this could be the next HC

I just checked the twitter and all I found was some guy named SECMike with like 5k followers saying he could be a possibility.

So if thats "all over twitter" then....get a freaking life

Reactions: 12 people
Walked in to a talented FCS team but did a good job at improving a bad Citadel team. Seems like decent potential but definitely far from proven.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a very successful FCS coach (remember Jim Tressel fit into this box), but I'd still consider this 2nd or 3rd tier on the list of candidates. Should be looking at people like Scott Frost, Dan Mullen, and Brent Venables before Houston.

Also does JMU run the triple option? Houston ran it at The Citadel. I'd rather have a coach with experience with some other offensive styles than triple option, which is more of a gimmick that schools with limited recruiting option utilize.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I know someone here who called this from the get go, but I won’t steal his thunder. He has two names, and he’s a little off in the head, but otherwise good. That’s the only hints I give.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach of James Madison a division 2 team. Won National Championship last year and is undefeated this year. has been a head coach for 6 years with 5 conference championships one national championship but not life championships!!!

Butch had 4 conference championships, or co-championships, in 6 seasons in MAC and Big East. That doesn't guarantee success in SEC, as we all now know. Jim Donnan won an NC at Marshall when that school was still DII, but UGA remained mediocre in a relatively weak SEC at the time.

Yeah it's not "all over" twitter, you got one jacka$$ from rocky top insider saying it. Haven't seen Hubbs, or Rucker or anyone else for that matter mentioning Mike Houston

Light the torches....man the pitch forks....time to march on the AD office in full force. I'll lead the way.

No thanks but his pregame speeches are freaking awesome. Guy seems like he will enter in the big league someday but I don't want us to be thge one that goes out on a limb.

Butch had 4 conference championships, or co-championships, in 6 seasons in MAC and Big East. That doesn't guarantee success in SEC, as we all now know. Jim Donnan won an NC at Marshall when that school was still DII, but UGA remained mediocre in a relatively weak SEC at the time.

It did translate in to success for Urban Crier (Utah) & Saban (Michigan State) who left small schools and had success on the next level....

Ya never know. Either a guy can coach or he can't coach...

Reactions: 2 people
Coach of James Madison a division 2 team. Won National Championship last year and is undefeated this year. has been a head coach for 6 years with 5 conference championships one national championship but not life championships!!!

Not saying he should be our coach, but damn. That is very impressive. Very impressive. He must have a good understanding of the X's and O's. Maybe, just maybe he would be better with better Jimmies and Joe's.

Reactions: 2 people
I am hearing rumors that Jamey Dubose may get an interview. We'd be really lucky to get him considering that we cannot beat any SEC teams. Big rebuild, but I think he's up to it.

VN Store

Back