Marvels - Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Rate the marvel series' so far favorite to least. Here's mine. Have seen all but Jessica Jones 2.

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

I have enjoyed them all including the punisher, but I can't stand the guy who plays Frank Castle. Such ridiculous mannerisms and line delivery. Just want to punch his face every time I watch him act. Including every scene of walking dead he was in.

Say whaaaaaaaa??

Bernthal was born to play Frank Castle. You want Dolph Lungren back or something?

Rate the marvel series' so far favorite to least. Here's mine. Have seen all but Jessica Jones 2.

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

I have enjoyed them all including the punisher, but I can't stand the guy who plays Frank Castle. Such ridiculous mannerisms and line delivery. Just want to punch his face every time I watch him act. Including every scene of walking dead he was in.

Ok then..

The Punisher
Daredevil 1
Daredevil 2
Jessica Jones
The Defenders
Luke Cage

Limp Wrist..I mean Iron Fist 😉

And I really like John Bernthal as The Punisher, he perfectly embodies Frank Castle..

Last edited:
Ok then..

The Punisher
Daredevil 1
Daredevil 2
Jessica Jones
The Defenders
Luke Cage

Limp Wrist..I mean Iron Fist 😉

And I really like John Bernthal as The Punisher, he perfectly embodies Frank Castle..

Move JJ to the top and this is my list, except take out the Defenders as I didn't watch it.

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

You serious Clark?

You may be right about that, it just feels like
This is taking longer to get to a point to me, I'm not complaining, I really don't mind the setup, but I know a lot will gripe about it and call it "slow"

A lot of people didn't like Luke Cage either, but I did. The music all by itself almost made that one worth watching. I do wish they had wrote a couple of better villains, but I'm sure LC2 will have better heels from what I have seen. I'm glad IF is getting folded into LC2. They really screwed up by miscasting IF imo.

I like Luke Cage himself, he was fine. I overall liked the story. What I didn't like was many of the supporting characters and acting. Cottomouth was great, Claire was great, everyone else.....blah. Misty Knight was terribly acted, and Diamondback was awful. His final fight with Cage was SyFy Channel bad.

I felt the opposite about Iron Fist; I liked just about everything about the show except IF himself. Big time miscasting.

I overall like Jessica Jones but she does get on my nerves a bit.

The Punisher is great but I still think DD is my favorite. Sometimes I like to just fire up the scene of DD fighting everyone down the stairs that is shot like it's one continuous shot.

Edit: Also, IF will appear in LC2, but they are still doing an IF Season 2. It's already been announced.

You serious Clark?

Yes. The stupid quick twitchy erratic head movements, and always glancing side to side during his long winded monologues, his super awkward grunty yells, and the cadence he delivers his lines in are just cringe worthy, imo. I hated him in walking dead but thought, "maybe he'll be different in punisher, I'll give it a watch." But he has all the same irritating mannerisms as Frank Castle as he did with Shane. Face punch.

Yes. The stupid quick twitchy erratic head movements, and always glancing side to side during his long winded monologues, his super awkward grunty yells, and the cadence he delivers his lines in are just cringe worthy, imo. I hated him in walking dead but thought, "maybe he'll be different in punisher, I'll give it a watch." But he has all the same irritating mannerisms as Frank Castle as he did with Shane. Face punch.

original.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I like Luke Cage himself, he was fine. I overall liked the story. What I didn't like was many of the supporting characters and acting. Cottomouth was great, Claire was great, everyone else.....blah. Misty Knight was terribly acted, and Diamondback was awful. His final fight with Cage was SyFy Channel bad.

I felt the opposite about Iron Fist; I liked just about everything about the show except IF himself. Big time miscasting.

I overall like Jessica Jones but she does get on my nerves a bit.

The Punisher is great but I still think DD is my favorite. Sometimes I like to just fire up the scene of DD fighting everyone down the stairs that is shot like it's one continuous shot.

Edit: Also, IF will appear in LC2, but they are still doing an IF Season 2. It's already been announced.

Yeah just saw that about IF. Maybe they will find a way to make that effiminate dude more Iron Fist, and less Limp Wrist...his little whiny sissy act gets annoying...

"Bu..bu..but..I'm the Immortal Iron Fist!..waa whaa waa" 🤦*♂️

Lol..It sounds like be has the same effect on you, that whiny sissy whathisface from Iron Fist has on me..I can't stand that guy.

Yeah just saw that about IF. Maybe they will find a way to make that effiminate dude more Iron Fist, and less Limp Wrist...his little whiny sissy act gets annoying...

"Bu..bu..but..I'm the Immortal Iron Fist!..waa whaa waa" 🤦*♂️

They changed showrunners so it might help. The guy that ran the last 3 seasons of Dexter was the Season 1 showrunner, so he could be a big reason it wasn't that good. He also was the showrunner for The Inhumans, so basically he seems terrible in that role.

They changed showrunners so it might help. The guy that ran the last 3 seasons of Dexter was the Season 1 showrunner, so he could be a big reason it wasn't that good. He also was the showrunner for The Inhumans, so basically he seems terrible in that role.

The lead actor is a miscasting disaster, it's too late to change that now. My only hope is that he can overcome himself, and actually grow into the part. Some better writing for his character would help, and maybe get him a acting coach to teach him how to be be more masculine.

YouÂ’re trolling us. ThatÂ’s the only thing I can allow myself to believe right now.

Lol at least he stopped rubbing his head every 2.3 seconds.

The lead actor is a miscasting disaster, it's too late to change that now. My only hope is that he can overcome himself, and actually grow into the part. Some better writing for his character would help, and maybe get him a acting coach to teach him how to be be more masculine.

IF is a top 5 character for me, that guy is ****ing awful. I've said it before but IF is an elite martial artist and that guy looks like he learned how to throw a punch yesterday.

He can be a little over the top and annoying at times, but I can look past it for the most part.

I was able to look past it and mostly enjoyed the punisher, but I would have it at the top of my list rather than the bottom if he could have just toned that sh*t down a little.

IF is a top 5 character for me, that guy is ****ing awful. I've said it before but IF is an elite martial artist and that guy looks like he learned how to throw a punch yesterday.

I have no idea if Charlie Cox has any martial arts training and I know his character has the benefit of wearing a mask so a double is easier, but the times it's clearly him and he's fighting he's clearly better trained than IF dude.

I have no idea if Charlie Cox has any martial arts training and I know his character has the benefit of wearing a mask so a double is easier, but the times it's clearly him and he's fighting he's clearly better trained than IF dude.

For sure. The IF guy looks like he got the role, showed up to filming and was like wait IF knows martial arts? You would think given who IF is knowing or taking some martial arts would be a requirement for the role. Instead it seems they went, **** it he was in GoT and it's popular so people will know him and that matters more.

Last edited:

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

Leave Shane alone!

For sure. The IF guy looks like he got the role, showed up to filming and was like wait IF knows martial arts? You would think given who IF is knowing or taking some martial arts would be a requirement for the role. Instead it seems they went, ***** it he was in GoT and it's popular so people will know him and that matters more.

Total casting disaster. It's too late to change now, so I just hope the guy can learn how to act like a real badarse MA master, instead of a whiny effiminate little beyotch.

I watched the first episode last night, has me interested.

Not big into Marvel movies but started watching this last night and now I'm hooked. Love the actress playing Jessica!

VN Store

Back