Marvels - Jessica Jones (Netflix)

i am about 4 episodes in, and it's not a bad show but i feel they dropped the ball when casting the title character. she's just not that good of an actress...

Just finished the show. It started out slow, I almost didn't finish it, but pushed through anyways. The last 4-5 episodes really picked up in my opinion. They really hooked me, and made the show worth watching.

Bump.

Question regarding the Netflix MCU.

The wife and I are binge-watching all of these series' and have not been disappointed. We loved Daredevil, and now we are 9 episodes into Jessica Jones (Side note: I was NOT excited about JJ but my wife was, so we watched it. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it. Kilgrave is one of the better villains of anything superhero related. You really can't help but like him every bit as much as you hate him... but I digress). But I have a couple of questions:

1) I noticed even though they are sharing a universe with the Avengers, they can't mention them by name. I've heard something about a magic hammer, "the big green guy" and "the flag waver," but they are obviously avoiding names. Is there a reason behind this? Is it a marketing/ownership issue?

2) Will I enjoy Luke Cage? I can't bring myself to get excited about it. Reviews say it's the weakest so far, but not by much. Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

I always just thought it was Jessica Jones just being Jessica Jones in referencing them in that way.

As for Cage, I was really excited for it and (unpopular opinion on here) thought it wasn't very good and never finished it. I thought Cage was pretty flat emotionally and not very charismatic, and the Villains were pretty bland as well. IMO FWIW I also thoroughly enjoyed JJ when I've seen others not like it that much.

Now bring on ****ing Iron Fist!

Bump.

Question regarding the Netflix MCU.

The wife and I are binge-watching all of these series' and have not been disappointed. We loved Daredevil, and now we are 9 episodes into Jessica Jones (Side note: I was NOT excited about JJ but my wife was, so we watched it. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it. Kilgrave is one of the better villains of anything superhero related. You really can't help but like him every bit as much as you hate him... but I digress). But I have a couple of questions:

1) I noticed even though they are sharing a universe with the Avengers, they can't mention them by name. I've heard something about a magic hammer, "the big green guy" and "the flag waver," but they are obviously avoiding names. Is there a reason behind this? Is it a marketing/ownership issue?

2) Will I enjoy Luke Cage? I can't bring myself to get excited about it. Reviews say it's the weakest so far, but not by much. Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

1) I think they are trying to keep themselves distant from the movies but not TOO distant.

2) Luke Cage, quality wise is up there with the other two. One issue that I think is out there is, frankly, its hard for white people to connect with a black man from Harlem and its culture. That's not a racism thing, its just a different world. The director of Luke Cage really brings that culture and that area of the city to life. Its pretty neat to watch imo.

1) I think they are trying to keep themselves distant from the movies but not TOO distant.

2) Luke Cage, quality wise is up there with the other two. One issue that I think is out there is, frankly, its hard for white people to connect with a black man from Harlem and its culture. That's not a racism thing, its just a different world. The director of Luke Cage really brings that culture and that area of the city to life. Its pretty neat to watch imo.

Maybe #2 is true for some, but honestly Cage is a pretty boring superhero, and it felt like they were really stretching to find a story that filled 13 episodes for him.

It's just Jessica Jones' way of describing them.

They did it as well in Daredevil. That was where they said "The guy with the magic hammer" and they reference the battle at the end of the first Avengers movie as "the event" (or something like that)

They did it as well in Daredevil. That was where they said "The guy with the magic hammer" and they reference the battle at the end of the first Avengers movie as "the event" (or something like that)

I think it's just a nod saying "hey this is in that world" but since these series are more R rated they don't want the connection to be so concrete.

Although D'onofio has expressed interest in appearing in the new Spider-Man movies.

I personally would love an episode of Daredevil with a Hulk appearance. They could recreate this classic issue...

Daredevil-163.jpg

I think it's just a nod saying "hey this is in that world" but since these series are more R rated they don't want the connection to be so concrete.

Although D'onofio has expressed interest in appearing in the new Spider-Man movies.

I personally would love an episode of Daredevil with a Hulk appearance. They could recreate this classic issue...

Daredevil-163.jpg

The idea of D'onofrio's Fisk showing up in the Spider-Man movies makes my nerd-excitement senses go crazy. I'm sure it would never happen, but what a perfect way that would be to merge the coexisting worlds.

On your second point, my dislike for luke cage has nothing to do with being white and unable to connect because it revolves around a black man from harlem. I just found the storyline and characters boring and uninteresting. The fights and action were weak to me compared to daredevil and and especially the punisher. Im super excited for the punisher. Watched 10 episodes of luke cage and couldnt get any further.

11 episodes in now.

Her neighbors (incest sister and metrosexual black guy) are literally wrecking this show. Terribly written characters, annoying and pointless.

Writers need to know better than this.

Hope it is as good as season 1. Jessica Jones is probably my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series so far.

Four episodes in..I love it...but the ADHD generation among us will not.

They are really holding onto the suspense in this one, four eps in and still no main villain reveal. I like the character arcs too, so far it is very well written..we will see where they go from here

Four episodes in..I love it...but the ADHD generation among us will not.

They are really holding onto the suspense in this one, four eps in and still no main villain reveal. I like the character arcs too, so far it is very well written..we will see where they go from here

I might be remembering wrong, but they didn't reveal the main villian till around mid-season last right right? She mentioned but I don't remember him appearing till later

BTW I'm with Sam, this is my favorite Netflix Marvel series. Partially because of the main villain.

I might be remembering wrong, but they didn't reveal the main villian till around mid-season last right right? She mentioned but I don't remember him appearing till later

BTW I'm with Sam, this is my favorite Netflix Marvel series. Partially because of the main villain.

You may be right about that, it just feels like
This is taking longer to get to a point to me, I'm not complaining, I really don't mind the setup, but I know a lot will gripe about it and call it "slow"

A lot of people didn't like Luke Cage either, but I did. The music all by itself almost made that one worth watching. I do wish they had wrote a couple of better villains, but I'm sure LC2 will have better heels from what I have seen. I'm glad IF is getting folded into LC2. They really screwed up by miscasting IF imo.

This is taking longer to get to a point to me, I'm not complaining, I really don't mind the setup, but I know a lot will gripe about it and call it "slow"

A lot of people didn't like Luke Cage either, but I did. The music all by itself almost made that one worth watching. I do wish they had wrote a couple of better villains, but I'm sure LC2 will have better heels from what I have seen. I'm glad IF is getting folded into LC2. They really screwed up by miscasting IF imo.

I'm probably to binge the first season before I start the new one. I could be remembering wrong, I am old. Lol

I couldn't into Cage and gave up, same with IF, which sucks cause I loved both in the comics.

Rate the marvel series' so far favorite to least. Here's mine. Have seen all but Jessica Jones 2.

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

I have enjoyed them all including the punisher, but I can't stand the guy who plays Frank Castle. Such ridiculous mannerisms and line delivery. Just want to punch his face every time I watch him act. Including every scene of walking dead he was in.

Rate the marvel series' so far favorite to least. Here's mine. Have seen all but Jessica Jones 2.

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage
Defenders
Daredevil 1
Iron Fist
Punisher

I have enjoyed them all including the punisher, but I can't stand the guy who plays Frank Castle. Such ridiculous mannerisms and line delivery. Just want to punch his face every time I watch him act. Including every scene of walking dead he was in.

It must be weird to be the only person that dislikes something :)

VN Store

Back