Marvel Cinematic Universe

i might be old but i'm based and i'm not some plastic bag that follows the winds of culture. yeah, i know netflix has alot of sewage they put on their platform. i'm well aware.

You don't have to follow anything. Nobody is saying do that. We're saying stop being an old b***h about it ; )

And it appears you get roped into watching movies and shows you can't tolerate, again and again. Maybe you are a plastic bag just watching everything they put out there, despite your hate.

And it appears you get roped into watching movies and shows you can't tolerate, again and again. Maybe you are a plastic bag just watching everything they put out there, despite your hate.

giphy.gif

You don't have to follow anything. Nobody is saying do that. We're saying stop being an old b***h about it ; )

no, i watch a show with an opened mind and then make my opinion. i see that it's crap. so i'm not the bag that shifts with every cultural wind change.

No, I'm based and I'm no beta male
no clue man

@BenGrimm

I promise, almost put an inbf alpha male declaration in my last post. swear😂

Dalton, really this isnt the PF man. not sure your angle... If you're looking for 'conservative pals' to agree to your whatever schtick. Or to change our minds?

Last edited:
I posted this in the podcasts thread, but thought some of you might enjoy it also.

I just found Imaginary Worlds. Been around since 2014, and I encourage you to listen to episode 6 “In defense of Captain Hook”. You have to listen until the end. It’s classic.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Watched Marvels last night. I dont get the hate for these movies. Tested it out to make sure my girl's could watch. They will love it. Def will love Captain Marvel, as we've read several little Golden Books with her in it, since they were little little.

Def worth a view, streaming. Surprisingly good fight scenes.

Watched Marvels last night. I dont get the hate for these movies. Tested it out to make sure my girl's could watch. They will love it. Def will love Captain Marvel, as we've read several little Golden Books with her in it, since they were little little.

Wanted to watch this weekend, but just didn't get to. Probably rent it Thursday when I'm off

Reactions: Jackcrevol
My kids watched the 4 Avengers movies over the past 2 weekends. I was in and out of the room for the first two. Watched most of IW and EG with them. They are just so good.

In some ways the post EG backlash really reminds me of Star Wars going back to the prequels. That magic will never be recaptured. Just enjoy what you can and ignore the parts you don’t.

My kids watched the 4 Avengers movies over the past 2 weekends. I was in and out of the room for the first two. Watched most of IW and EG with them. They are just so good.

In some ways the post EG backlash really reminds me of Star Wars going back to the prequels. That magic will never be recaptured. Just enjoy what you can and ignore the parts you don’t.
Yep, they created something special with those films.

'My kids' still watch Cap movies frequently. 'They' also notably voted to name the family dog, 'Cap' or 'Loki'. But 'they' were shot down🫤🤣

Reactions: joevol33
Was pumped to finally start echo last night, but when I tried it was blocked. For some reason it was on parental control for tv14. My wife is in the hospital, and I couldn't get it unlocked, so I went to bed mad🤣. I had her help me fix it at the hospital today, and finally watching. Wanted to watch the Marvels, but got home late.

Thats what that movie is though, something for teen girls. Which is fine. I tried to watch it and I think I have 35 minutes left. Brie Larsons quasi-hotness isn't enough to keep my attention or make me want to finish it. The past few iterations of comic book movies have been like that for me though. I stopped when they landed at the planet where they had to sing..

Thats what that movie is though, something for teen girls. Which is fine. I tried to watch it and I think I have 35 minutes left. Brie Larsons quasi-hotness isn't enough to keep my attention or make me want to finish it. The past few iterations of comic book movies have been like that for me though. I stopped when they landed at the planet where they had to sing..
It was fun, and is bringing the MCU to a different audience. As a father, its pretty simple to realize these movies arent geared toward adult viewing. I dont care about Disney's this and that. Its enjoyable to me and my family, until its not.

My children are young. Seeing MCU through their eyes is fun. Further, it has generated interest (and family interaction) in puzzles, books, games (legos) that otherwise would have never enjoyed.

So, i'm so sorry for your loss re: Brie Larson's 'quasi hotness'. That's ridiculous.

Is it the best MCU movie ever, no. Id put it in middle to lower tier. Did it move the story forward? Probably not.

Marvel needs to consider how it will take ALL THESE new storylines and whittle it down for the KD storyline. One mistake theyve made is over saturation. I think one, or two movies a year. With two, tops MCU shows.

Right now it feels like its all over the place. You go from Quantamania to Loki. Back to Secret Wars, then Marvels...throw in Celestials, then Echo. Really does feel like its just about the money.

It was boring. At least the movie had a good running time and it was over pretty fast. The singing part might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a Marvel movie or TV show. And that's saying something after watching the entire disaster called She Hulk.

That being said. This movie was still 10x better than the last Thor.

The Mid Credit scene was the most interesting thing by far.

The last few Marvel movies have been pretty meh. I do not think they’ve actually fleshed out a story arch that ties it all together like most of the movies leading up to Endgame. It just seems like they’ve got too many people putting their ideas into the stories at this point. It makes me think of the Key and Peele sketch about Gremlins 2.

Warning for the language.

VN Store

Back