Louisville expected to fire AD and Pitino today

Seems Alabama has now been drug into the bonfire.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/09/27/alabama-basketball-administrator-kobie-baker-resigns-fbi-investigation

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

eDOBPUY.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Jurich firing is official. Pitino will surely follow. Auburn might want to go ahead and fire Pearl and Jay Jacobs. Lots of dominoes could fall at many schools.

They can't officially fire Jurich for 30 days. Reports seem to clear Pearl...Person was all kinds of filthy in that investigation. At one point he tried to bring in another financial advisor so he could double dip on payments.

Pearl may be "clear" in the reports, but it seems like the growing chatter is that's not going to save him at Auburn.

They can't officially fire Jurich for 30 days. Reports seem to clear Pearl...Person was all kinds of filthy in that investigation. At one point he tried to bring in another financial advisor so he could double dip on payments.

Pearl may be "clear" in the reports, but it seems like the growing chatter is that's not going to save him at Auburn.

If there's dirt in the bb program at Auburn I don't see how Pearl is safe. Mix that with underperforming and its recipe for a firing

If there's dirt in the bb program at Auburn I don't see how Pearl is safe. Mix that with underperforming and its recipe for a firing

If they piggyback on this to get rid of him for performance, that's their purview. He's not stained by this imo. Person needed him some money something fierce! :eek:hmy:

This is far from being over. The USA that held the press conference made an ominous statement: "It is better for you to come to us before we come to you." That was a warning to others, yet to be named, whom the FBI knows are involved.

And there's an old saying about big investigations like this: If the Feds hold a press conference about you, you are a had ass.

True. Go Vols.

I don't see how Pearl wouldn't know being the HC

Person met with Blazer and the families. Person got paid close to $100,000 dollars. Why WOULD he tell Pearl? This was his own personal money grab.

So where is this investigation at this point?
Maybe I missed something but it seems things are quite.

A week after being suspended indefinitely because of his involvement in a federal bribery scandal, a new development has reached the surface. The Courier-Journal reported that the Cardinal coach has been receiving 98 percent of the money from Louisville’s current deal with Adidas.

Don’t think that’s as big of a deal as it seems. Adidas supplemented his salary so the university could pay less. This happens a lot with this and tv/ radio show deals.

VN Store

Back