Louisville expected to fire AD and Pitino today

Which time? LOL.

Pitino has likely been dirty his entire career. Perhaps it escalated as time went on at Louisville but I highly doubt the thing with the hookers was his first basketball-related indiscretion.

while I was at UK (his early years) there was never a whiff of problems. None. Doesn't appear to be any from his time at Providence.

Just FYI...neither was fired. Pitino placed on unpaid leave. Jurich placed on paid leave. This gives UL wiggle room in case the allegations turn out to be false.

Yes, it's a technicality, but you can't fire someone due to allegations without it being adjudicated without risking a wrongful termination lawsuit if things blow up.

Just FYI...neither was fired. Pitino placed on unpaid leave. Jurich placed on paid leave. This gives UL wiggle room in case the allegations turn out to be false.

Yes, it's a technicality, but you can't fire someone due to allegations without it being adjudicated without risking a wrongful termination lawsuit if things blow up.

I don’t know the technical name for it but in the state of Kentucky, one can be fired without just cause.

If Louisville is taking the necessary steps to fire these guys, then they know full well that the allegations are true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don’t know the technical name for it but in the state of Kentucky, one can be fired without just cause.

Not if there is an employment contract. Pitino, just like any college coach, has a clause in their contract that says they get none of the money left on the contract if they are fired for cause.

I'd say bringing your school under FBI investigation is "just cause," but I'm sure Pitino will argue he'd owed money.

my understanding is these are procedural moves due to how contracts were formed. Pitino's has a mandatory 10 day review clause and Juric's has to be made official at a BoT physical meeting (likely since this is a BoT decision and sunshine laws prohibit voting that isn't "public"). From what I understand the BoT has indicated it is unanimous in the decision to axe Juric and is just awaiting the physical meeting to make it official.

In both cases they are naming interims - both are effectively gone.

Things are about to get nasty.

CEO of Adidas was arrested by the fbi today.

Things are about to get nasty.

CEO of Adidas was arrested by the fbi today.

:blink:

I guess it shouldn't a surprise but it's hard to think the Global Dir. of Marketing was involved but the CEO knew nothing about it.

But damn!

I guess it shouldn't a surprise but it's hard to think the Global Dir. of Marketing was involved but the CEO knew nothing about it.

But damn!

No, it was the global head of basketball marketing. Still a senior level guy, but not the CEO of the whole company.

Lol. so the ceo was arrested in Germany and is awaiting extradition to the US over a college basketball scandal?

But damn!

My people also so Auburn is involved with this and will eventually work its way over to football as well.

Adidas has already been in some hot water over their dealings with FIFA. And we all know what a comically corrupt organization FIFA is.

Every time patino responds to a reported problem it sounds like every episode of The Sopranos with Tony talking to the police

Reactions: 2 people
Pitino, Petrino, and Jurich. You can't get much more corrupt and amoral than that. I need to go wash my hands now. I've never been treated worse as a Vols fan than we were treated in Louisville. Yes, worse than in Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Lexington, Baton Rouge, or Auburn or any other SEC venue. So, couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase. Can't wait until Petrino screws then again. You know it's coming. The city of Louisville is so nice, its a shame they have such a chitty fans.

VN Store

Back