Louisville expected to fire AD and Pitino today

Pitino, Petrino, and Jurich. You can't get much more corrupt and amoral than that. I need to go wash my hands now. I've never been treated worse as a Vols fan than we were treated in Louisville. Yes, worse than in Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Lexington, Baton Rouge, or Auburn or any other SEC venue. So, couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase. Can't wait until Petrino screws then again. You know it's coming. The city of Louisville is so nice, its a shame they have such a chitty fans.

In my experience, they're a trashy group of people. Petrino and Pitino are right at home

1. How many coaches, players, boosters, agents, and shoe company executives are losing sleep right now wondering if they are next?
2. Why is the FBI involved? Other than tax evasion by the parties receiving the money, what other crime has been committed? Violating NCAA rules is not a federal offense.
3. This will taint the NCAA, but in the grand scheme of things less than 1% of college athletes play football or basketball at the schools being targeted. Think of all the other divisions and sports out there. D1 football and basketball is the money maker, but the minority of NCAA athletes.

Reactions: 1 person
1. How many coaches, players, boosters, agents, and shoe company executives are losing sleep right now wondering if they are next?
2. Why is the FBI involved? Other than tax evasion by the parties receiving the money, what other crime has been committed? Violating NCAA rules is not a federal offense.
3. This will taint the NCAA, but in the grand scheme of things less than 1% of college athletes play football or basketball at the schools being targeted. Think of all the other divisions and sports out there. D1 football and basketball is the money maker, but the minority of NCAA athletes.

On #2 - it's not just tax evasion. The charges are corruption charges. The FBI and SE New York DA would not have spent 3 years on this to get some coaches and some folks on tax evasion. Adidas hid payments in their books to players and families. Charges include fraud and corruption against the named coaches.

This is likely tip of the iceberg with some (all?) of the big fish yet to be revealed.

From a NYT article

The complaints announced Tuesday also included tantalizing clues indicating that what was alleged is merely the tip of the iceberg. Dawkins, for example, urged that the payment to a player’s family be increased because one of Adidas’s rivals was “coming in with a higher number.”

Last edited:
Couldn't happen to a more deserving coach than Pitino.

And when Auburn dumps Pearl for either complicity or ignorance of what his assistants are doing. that will relieve college ball of two lying cheats who got a 2nd chance and blew it again. Good riddance to both.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving coach than Pitino.

And when Auburn dumps Pearl for either complicity or ignorance of what his assistants are doing. that will relieve college ball of two lying cheats who got a 2nd chance and blew it again. Good riddance to both.

That's three times for Coach Pearl!😱

Louisville has put Pitino and Jurich on administrative leave and hopes to have an interim coach and AD announced within 48 hours according to ESPN.

Pitino, Petrino, and Jurich. You can't get much more corrupt and amoral than that. I need to go wash my hands now. I've never been treated worse as a Vols fan than we were treated in Louisville. Yes, worse than in Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Lexington, Baton Rouge, or Auburn or any other SEC venue. So, couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase. Can't wait until Petrino screws then again. You know it's coming. The city of Louisville is so nice, its a shame they have such a chitty fans.

The irony of course being that soooo many of them are acting like the fans don't deserve this.

Oh really? The fan base that relishes in the success of Petrino, who has a long history of being an absolutely terrible person. The same fan base that stood behind the coach after a sex scandal, hooker scandal, and probation. Now all of a sudden the fans are gonna act like they don't deserve what the program gets.

It's just comical. When you lose all morals and sensibility in order for wins, you get what happens in the end.

The irony of course being that soooo many of them are acting like the fans don't deserve this.

Oh really? The fan base that relishes in the success of Petrino, who has a long history of being an absolutely terrible person. The same fan base that stood behind the coach after a sex scandal, hooker scandal, and probation. Now all of a sudden the fans are gonna act like they don't deserve what the program gets.

It's just comical. When you lose all morals and sensibility in order for wins, you get what happens in the end.

The head coach of your team has had problems everywhere he has been. Your admin thought he was too dirty to hire the first time around. Don't act like you guys are clean. Doesn't mean Cal has done anything wrong with you, even though every stop he has been suggests he would, by hiring him you proved one thing. Win and dont care how you do it.

The head coach of your team has had problems everywhere he has been. Your admin thought he was too dirty to hire the first time around. Don't act like you guys are clean. Doesn't mean Cal has done anything wrong with you, even though every stop he has been suggests he would, by hiring him you proved one thing. Win and dont care how you do it.

Classic VN response. See a UK fan post anything, regardless if it's true or not. Ignore the actual post, totally ignore the conversation and post some unintelligible spiel about Cal being dirty.

Comparing what has happened to teams Cal has coached to this history of Pitino and Petrino is laughable. Call me next time Cal gets busted for a hooker scandal or caught crashing a motorcycle with his low level university worker hoe.

Classic VN response. See a UK fan post anything, regardless if it's true or not. Ignore the actual post, totally ignore the conversation and post some unintelligible spiel about Cal being dirty.

Comparing what has happened to teams Cal has coached to this history of Pitino and Petrino is laughable. Call me next time Cal gets busted for a hooker scandal or caught crashing a motorcycle with his low level university worker hoe.

It may have changed since Cal got to UK but at Memphis he rostered gang members, players who assualted their gf, nightclub riot starters, players involved in shootings, drug dealers, and illiterate players.

On a lighter note, I had another Pitino joke earlier in the thread that you might like as well. 2nd one.

You posted about losing your morals for the sake of winning. I was simply pointing out that is exactly what Kentucky did when they hired Cal. It is well known you all passed on him once because he was a dirt bag.

...and that's why they won't get the death penalty. If you stop the basketball program for a year, you really hurt the City of Louisville economically.

Be careful what you ask for, this investigation is just getting started

VN Store

Back