Louisville expected to fire AD and Pitino today

Louisville was quick to act this time...

The last time Louisville was this quick, it involved Pitino and a booth at an Italian restaurant....

Reactions: 5 people
Honestly can't believe Pitino has stuck around this long considering all the scandal floating around him.

In order to have stuck around for as long as he has, you have to be one of the best ever, which he was.

If he had one iota less street cred, he would have been gone years ago, probably after the whole blackmail thing.

Per ESPN right now on television. Pitino gets paid 7.7 million with 2.25 coming from Addias

According to the press conference he is on unpaid administrative leave.

AD Tom Juric on paid administrate leave.

Basically the acting prez is making sure the I's are dotted and T's crossed before he kicks them and others to the curb.

How long before the first thread started about bringing Pitino to Tennessee...

Employing Bobby Petrino and Rick Pitino at the same time tells you all you need to know about his judgement.

I'll give you Petrino being a bag of **** when Louisville hired him but Pitino hadn't done anything wrong at U.K. etc. Now since being hired by UL, he's 1) banged a drunk chick on the table of a restaurant 2) run a whorehouse and 3) bought players less than 1 month from being placed on probation.

According to the press conference he is on unpaid administrative leave.

AD Tom Juric on paid administrate leave.

Basically the acting prez is making sure the I's are dotted and T's crossed before he kicks them and others to the curb.

The Pitino one is part of his contract - 10 day review prior to dismissal required.

The Juric one is until the BoT physically meets.

IOW - both are simply procedural moves rather than uncertainty about their dismissal.

I'll give you Petrino being a bag of **** when Louisville hired him but Pitino hadn't done anything wrong at U.K. etc. Now since being hired by UL, he's 1) banged a drunk chick on the table of a restaurant 2) run a whorehouse and 3) bought players less than 1 month from being placed on probation.

Must have been the NBA stint that changed him.

Shame - my favorite (prior) Bball coach.

Which time? LOL.

Pitino has likely been dirty his entire career. Perhaps it escalated as time went on at Louisville but I highly doubt the thing with the hookers was his first basketball-related indiscretion.

VN Store

Back