Lindy's Basketball Preview

"It's going to be difficult for CCM to make the tourney after being left with an abysmal roster."

Nobody will care in 3 years what kind of roster CCM had or currently has after sitting out of the NCAA tourney for 3 straight years

Your idol is the reason for the problems around here and counting CCM out after he hasn't coached a single game is really idiotic...

Pretty sad state of affairs when people don't get over the fact that our old coach was fired because of his own doings and the new coach we hired has a good resume but they won't accept or support him...

Those are in the minority. I think anyone that knows anything about the situation knows Martin is going to be in a tough situation and should be given time.

However, it's pretty evident that the Pearl haters still haven't gotten over the fact that Pearl was fired too. They chime in and file lock step behind each other every single time he is mentioned. It goes both ways.

Those are in the minority. I think anyone that knows anything about the situation knows Martin is going to be in a tough situation and should be given time.

However, it's pretty evident that the Pearl haters still haven't gotten over the fact that Pearl was fired too. They chime in and file lock step behind each other every single time he is mentioned. It goes both ways.

If people here weren't idiotically claiming that he's coming back in three years, or that they hope he does, no one would have to set them straight...

But like I've said, I'd much rather just bet on it and end the discussion there.

Hired into a bad situation too, although knowingly. With NCAA clouds hanging over head, he pretty much knew that he'd be unable to recruit for a year. Gotta give it to CCM for stepping up to the plate.

When you can go from making 300K to 1.3 mil then it's not that hard to see why he is stepping up to the plate. Hell, if anything, he probably thought there were going to be scholarship losses or a post season ban and none of that happened.

If he can recruit, he can have a job here for awhile. We'll be able to see what he can do with a limited squad for a couple of years.

If people here weren't idiotically claiming that he's coming back in three years, or that they hope he does, no one would have to set them straight...

But like I've said, I'd much rather just bet on it and end the discussion there.

Why don't you just ignore them then? It isn't but a handful of people if that.

The only way Pearl comes back is if the NCAA somehow magically goes away. No way in the world will UT hire him back because they'll basically be spitting in the face of the NCAA. Then the NCAA will look for anything minor to come back on to campus and basically carpet bomb our program.

The only way Pearl comes back is if the NCAA somehow magically goes away. No way in the world will UT hire him back because they'll basically be spitting in the face of the NCAA. Then the NCAA will look for anything minor to come back on to campus and basically carpet bomb our program.

Because profiting off their idiocy (assuming knowthevols has $1000 to spare, which is admittedly pretty dangerous), or watching them make weak excuses to back out, makes it even more entertaining.

Talking about Pearl returning is Alice in Wonderland stuff. People need to move on and get behind Martin and see what he can do. I'm really not ready to write him off prior to his coaching a single game.

We get some local indie newspaper at the place I work that had a half-page ad with a picture of Bruce Pearl that read (something to the effect of):

"Everyone can be grateful for the contributions and achievements that Bruce Pearl accomplished at UT, but it's time to move on and stand behind coach Cuonzo Martin."

Pretty much my sentiments...

VN Store

Back