Lindy's Basketball Preview

Pearl's tournament streak would have ended this year even if he hadn't been sanctioned. The only recruits he signed didn't qualify and Hopson and Harris weren't coming back.

Only one of his recruits didn't qualify. The other chose to go elsewhere. Both Hopkins and Harris would have returned if Pearl was still here. At least that was what
they said.

And retaining Pearl wouldn't have been? The NCAA would have slapped Tennessee with a 10 times harsher penalty, it would have been impossible to recruit with Pearl's show-cause and every coach in America would use Pearl's past to recruit negatively against him.

We played it right by firing Pearl and not getting sanctions. Curious that he is still in Knoxville and will be
in Knoxville when the sanctions expire. Was hired by a
big time Vol booster for three years. HMMMMMMMM

We played it right by firing Pearl and not getting sanctions. Curious that he is still in Knoxville and will be
in Knoxville when the sanctions expire. Was hired by a
big time Vol booster for three years. HMMMMMMMM

Entertaining. Wanna bet on whether he gets rehired by Tennessee?

Why doesn't DII count? It's not like he had superior athletes than other DII schools. His team didn't get to play 7 on 5 or anything. He won NCs because of his coaching. His first year at So. Indy he took a 10 win team and won 22 games. How did CCM do his first year at So. Mizzou? Pearl won 231 games in 9 season there.

He took UW-Milwukee to a sweet 16 in 2005, and made the tourney in 2003. 2003 was his third year coaching there. Did CCM make the tourney his third year at So. Mizzou? Pearl's record at UWM was 51-13.

Don't delude yourself broheim, Pearl was much more lauded when UT hired him than CCM was.

Pretty sad state of affairs when a Memphis fan is talking more sense than most UT fans.

Par for the course for this Romper Room though.

Got the magazine today, get's me fired up for college basketball.

They pick Tennessee last in the SEC and claim they "Might be the least talented high-major team in the country."

Martin's got a long road ahead of him, but I can't wait for some basketball!

hey where did they have uga? i would guess they have us at #4 in the sec east.

Pretty sad state of affairs when a Memphis fan is talking more sense than most UT fans.

Par for the course for this Romper Room though.

Pretty sad state of affairs when people don't get over the fact that our old coach was fired because of his own doings and the new coach we hired has a good resume but they won't accept or support him...

What's sickening is we had a hell of a ride in the last 6 years. Best time in UT basketball history. Went to the NCAA tourney every year under Pearl. We won't come close to sniffing the NCAA touney in the next 3 years and then CCM will be gone. Not saying that Pearl will be rehired cause unfortunately that can't happen, but after replacing his success, CCM doesn't stand a chance after not making a tourney 3 straight years.

I'm not deluding myself at all. I never said CCM had a better resume, but those acting like he's nothing compared to Bruce Pearl and that he's never accomplished anything are morons and if you are included in that group, then so be it...

p.s. You know Pearl followed Bo Ryan at UW Milwaukee right? Cuonzo followed Barry Hinson. So isn't it fair to say that Pearl was left with a tad bit better squad than Martin?

You're right. I got you mixed up with the other guy who was claiming CCM to have a better resume. CCM did good things at So. Mizzou, I'm not taking anything away from him.

What's sickening is we had a hell of a ride in the last 6 years. One of the best times in UT basketball history. Went to the NCAA tourney every year under Pearl. I don't think, because I'm a Pearl homer, that we'll come close to sniffing the NCAA tourney in the next 3 years and then I hope Pearl will come back and CCM will be gone. It's going to be difficult for CCM to make the tourney after being left with an abysmal roster.

Fyp

Pretty sad state of affairs when people don't get over the fact that our old coach was fired because of his own doings and the new coach we hired has a good resume but they won't accept or support him...

Hired into a bad situation too, although knowingly. With NCAA clouds hanging over head, he pretty much knew that he'd be unable to recruit for a year. Gotta give it to CCM for stepping up to the plate.

You do know the reason we are in this mess in the first place, is because of the lying Jew, right? I swear Pearlophiles can't seem to realize their savior is the one who got us in this mess in the first place.

I believe the reason we are in this is because a certain
poster on this site mailed pictures he some how bought
or obtained through other nefarious means tyo the NCAA.
Curious that he is absent, now that his mission is accomplished.

This board never fails to bring a good laugh, especially after CCM was hired. Some of you are simply ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"It's going to be difficult for CCM to make the tourney after being left with an abysmal roster."

Nobody will care in 3 years what kind of roster CCM had or currently has after sitting out of the NCAA tourney for 3 straight years

I believe the reason we are in this is because a certain
poster on this site mailed pictures he some how bought
or obtained through other nefarious means tyo the NCAA.
Curious that he is absent, now that his mission is accomplished.

Yep, it was definitely VolNation that got the liar fired.

its_a_conspiracy.jpg

VN Store

Back