Lindy's Basketball Preview

Pearlophiles are delusional enough to think Tobias Harris would have turned down first round money to come back if only their hero hadn't been fired.

Not too far fetched to think that Harris would've come back to Knoxville for another year and not taken the NBA money.

I say that because Harris is in Knoxville this year, not making NBA money and going to school.

While I don't think we will be world beaters, I don't think we will be like Wade's last team that won 5 games either.

We've got talent and we've got a good coaching staff that preaches defense and intensity. We will still get run by KY but we did anyway under Pearl with a better roster. Everything else is a tossup. I could see us anywhere from 2nd to 5th depending on how the breaks go during the season.

An NCAA Tournament bid this year would be a huge success, given the current talent on the roster. I have faith in Cuonzo to pull something like that, but a .500 overall record is what I'm expecting. Still, patience.

I'm hoping, but, with our history I just can't see lighting
striking twice for us. If we break even it will be a surprize. But, we can hope.

lighnting striking twice? Devoe, Green, and Pearl put us in the tourney consistently. THat's three lighnting strikes.

I don't see Tennessee making any of the lower two postseason tournaments this season.

There isn't a ton of talent, but still some. This team can make the tourney if McRae and Hall can become the players their potential they've shown. Although, that's a big if.

He also recruited two busts who wouldn't even have made it into UT this year and had the exact same depleted roster he left for CCM. But facts aren't received too well by many on this site...

Martin's resume cannot hold a candle to Pearl's at the time each was hired at UT!!!!

lighnting striking twice? Devoe, Green, and Pearl put us in the tourney consistently. THat's three lighnting strikes.

I was not aware that we hired these coaches in succession. My memory is a little different from yours, I don't remember Devoe taking us to the NCAA every year
he was here.

lol what...we are more talented than UGA/SC imo out of the east
LSU & Ole Miss out of the west

There isn't a ton of talent, but still some. This team can make the tourney if McRae and Hall can become the players their potential they've shown. Although, that's a big if.

The lack of depth and experience this team has will hurt them in SEC play. The two positives this year will be Jordan McRae and team defense. Both will be improved from last season.

We will not sniff an NCAA tourney for many years to come. It was good while it lasted.

Hilarious....:lolabove:
Gotta love folkes who make predictions without a clue...I remember well....same comments were made when we hired CBP....politicians make millions off people like this....

I was not aware that we hired these coaches in succession. My memory is a little different from yours, I don't remember Devoe taking us to the NCAA every year
he was here.

He took us plenty though. Now we didnt burn it up when we got there....the Michael Brooks, Dale Ellis teams were very good....

Martin's regular season conference title at Missouri State last year trumps anything on Pearl's pre-UT resume.

You're joking right? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Pearl won a DII natl title and took UWM to the Sweet 16. Surely your kidding, right?...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't think Tennessee will be the worst team in the SEC. Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss are still pretty bad. Remember Chris Warren graduated, although I think he really hurt their team by being such a ballhog. Probem is we may start the season 0-3 in the Maui tournament which will put us in a major hole and hurt our confidence. On the other hand, it can get us ready for SEC play in a hurry and our hard out of conference schedule. I think we will have too many losses this year to be considered for the NCAA tournament.

Our starting lineup is decent, but our backups are the problem
PG- Golden/Washpun
SG- McRae/McBee
SF- Tatum/Maymon
PF- JUCO Player I forget his name/Woolridge
C- Hall/Fr.

We only lose 1 meaningful player this year, which is Cam Tatum. If we get Chris Jones and a solid JUCO player or transfer, then we could make the NCAA tourney in 2012-2013. Also, look out for Arkansas I think they are going to have a solid team this year and be a bigtime program again next year.

You're joking right? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Pearl won a DII natl title and took UWM to the Sweet 16. Surely your kidding, right?...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

D-2 ball is irrelevant, and freaking Stan Heath took a mid-major team to the Elite 8.

VN Store

Back