Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

You and me both. I just moved near them. My best guess is my new spot will be fine looking at home, but will be blocked looking at short/2nd a little.

My guess and hope is once the new press box/suites are built they can get rid of those huge poles for a net system similar to most places.
It does not help that the poles are over-engineered to seemingly hold up the Roman Coliseum

Did someone have to let you in? I wouldn’t mind a quick peek in to check out where we moved too.
A gate was open, I popped out on the concourse behind home, and I was in and out in less than a minute. I didn’t go near any of the construction area. From outside you can get a pretty good view from the first base side.

Padding should be as nice to look at as possible, but the principle thing is that it be adequate to the job -- and that takes a lot when an athlete is running full speed. He had a DB injured last year hitting the padded brick behind the endzone. I think he missed one game. I hope that padding was enhanced. Anyway, safety first.
1705064702021.png

😆

I butted in while not knowing the context, which I rarely do, and I immediately regretted it. PM's comment just gave me a flashback to the injury I mentioned. Sorry if I missed the point.
That's all I was doing too! Certain phrases trigger my brain and hearing "safety first" always makes me think of the scene in the screenshot I posted. I am the one completely off topic.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A gate was open, I popped out on the concourse behind home, and I was in and out in less than a minute. I didn’t go near any of the construction area. From outside you can get a pretty good view from the first base side.
Perfect. I’m caught in weather prep meetings today, but I may slide by tomorrow or Monday. Curiosity has gotten the best of me.

I hope the outfield walls are padded real good, because there will be very little space down both foul lines in the corners. And according to one source, it will hit you about waste high Should be interesting. I’m guessing less than 10 feet total foul space at the wall

I hope the outfield walls are padded real good, because there will be very little space down both foul lines in the corners. And according to one source, it will hit you about waste high Should be interesting. I’m guessing less than 10 feet total foul space at the wall
With all these sources, Preacherman is like the Jeff Passan of Vol Baseball.

The good part is that right now I have players including mine but others, other people in the program and around it, and very involved fans.

But when I was looking at the new wall in person before Christmas I was thinking wow that is not much foul territory in the corners.

Great work on the comparisons! (Greatly appreciate it because it makes me excited that I might have stumbled and hustled my way into some crazy good seats after all my gnashing of teeth at moving...)

Almost makes me miss the picnic tables down the 3b line...almost.

It definitely be an adjustment from the looks of it.

And some of those 3B line seats will be awesome.

10 feet of space between the foul lines and walls along the left- and right-field lines?

Great work on the comparisons! (Greatly appreciate it because it makes me excited that I might have stumbled and hustled my way into some crazy good seats after all my gnashing of teeth at moving...)

Almost makes me miss the picnic tables down the 3b line...almost.

It definitely be an adjustment from the looks of it.

And some of those 3B line seats will be awesome.
I’m guessing that was Tony Intentional!

Yikes. But I guess our guys will know the terrain better than anyone.

Last edited:
Those third base seats down the line past the dugout will make for nice views…wonder how far the netting will be extended though

Right field. Relocate Todd Helton by 50 feet.

There are/were plans for some new stands in front of a baseball facility to be built out there in conjunction with a new dorm, but I don’t know where than project stands.

A berm ain’t happening. There’s not enough room, and even if, the dirt work required wouldn’t be worthwhile. Building bleachers would be infinitely easier.

I went Saturday afternoon

By the way, Emory Road and Clinton Highway are parking lots this afternoon. Too many small cars in ditches

IMG_2258.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2255.jpeg
    IMG_2255.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2254.jpeg