IMG_2247.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 168
The space between the old fence and the new fence all the way down the right field line will be seats. At the end of the old bleachers, The opening will stay that way until they build the new hitting facility beyond right field. Our bullpen will stay the same place that it always has been for now. There is no air-conditioning in the hitting facility currently so they have big garage doors they open to get air in. Plus, that is where the families meet the players after the home games. In the long run, there will be bleachers there and I believe the indoor facility will become our bullpen but I also understand the players are fighting to keep the bullpen where it is so they can see the game while they are in the bullpen.

I should have take some pics from behind the grandstand extension but I forgot.

It is clear the plaza behind the extension will come later as there will only be a walkway this season behind those seats behind the left field stands. I wonder what kind of fencing or barrier they will put at the back of the walkway in coming weeks to keep fans from falling off the back of the expansion until the plaza is completed in 2025? I'm guessing it will not look all that attractive. Temporary chainlink fencing with black material covering it perhaps? Like the hang on exterior fences

There will be scads of room below those bleachers so it will be interesting to see what will be planned for under there. Perhaps some visiting team facilities perhaps. Southern Miss will be jealous. They're may even be room for an Applebee's- or two, down there.

For the 23rd straight year, it appears they are expanding the Haslam Field as part of the fence is still gone, It was removed near the end of last spring I recall.

I wonder if they will get the plaza and hardscape work down on Pat Summit complete the next offseason. That's a lot of work but will look great. The field may be getting smaller but the footprint of the stadium complex will be far larger as Pat Summit will be fenced off and part of the complex. That which that is not eaten by the football practice field that keeps growing anyway.

The space between the old fence and the new fence all the way down the right field line will be seats. At the end of the old bleachers, The opening will stay that way until they build the new hitting facility beyond right field. Our bullpen will stay the same place that it always has been for now. There is no air-conditioning in the hitting facility currently so they have big garage doors they open to get air in. Plus, that is where the families meet the players after the home games. In the long run, there will be bleachers there and I believe the indoor facility will become our bullpen but I also understand the players are fighting to keep the bullpen where it is so they can see the game while they are in the bullpen.
Thanks for the info

I should have take some pics from behind the grandstand extension but I forgot.

It is clear the plaza behind the extension will come later as there will only be a walkway this season behind those seats behind the left field stands. I wonder what kind of fencing or barrier they will put at the back of the walkway in coming weeks to keep fans from falling off the back of the expansion until the plaza is completed in 2025? I'm guessing it will not look all that attractive. Temporary chainlink fencing with black material covering it perhaps? Like the hang on exterior fences

There will be scads of room below those bleachers so it will be interesting to see what will be planned for under there. Perhaps some visiting team facilities perhaps. Southern Miss will be jealous. They're may even be room for an Applebee's- or two, down there.

For the 23rd straight year, it appears they are expanding the Haslam Field as part of the fence is still gone, It was removed near the end of last spring I recall.

I wonder if they will get the plaza and hardscape work down on Pat Summit complete the next offseason. That's a lot of work but will look great. The field may be getting smaller but the footprint of the stadium complex will be far larger as Pat Summit will be fenced off and part of the complex. That which that is not eaten by the football practice field that keeps growing anyway.
I'm hearing the long range plan is LNS will become an indoor stadium as the second deck of the football practice facility will cover it.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
The carpet crew was present installing new brown down the foul lines

So is this the extent of the renovation---extending seating down each foul line, or is there more? I thought the original idea was for a practically
new stadium costing $40 million or somesuch. I take it the original idea was scaled back quite a bit?

It does not help that the poles are over-engineered to seemingly hold up the Roman Coliseum
As a structural engineer that's designed a few of these, the sail force from wind grabbing onto netting is not an insignificant force. My boys high school poles were 6" diameter, 3/8" thick and 30 ft tall and we replaced 2 a year for about 5 years after big thunderstorms, because they were either on the ground or have permanent deformations from excessive bending. They're cantilevered and have cantenary forces acting at the top of the poles. You have to also consider deflection and the amount of movement that can be acceptably perceived by a crowd in the stands. The alternative is guye wires that would be safety concerns from egress and practical standpoints. Over engineered means seat of the pants engineered hoping for a good result.

Last edited:
So is this the extent of the renovation---extending seating down each foul line, or is there more? I thought the original idea was for a practically
new stadium costing $40 million or somesuch. I take it the original idea was scaled back quite a bit?
heh

You noticed.

It’s being done in phases between seasons, unless something changed.

It’s basically gonna be a new stadium, this year it’s the 3rd base line and also the new 2 rows of premium seating, next year it’ll be them building suites and a new press box on top of where everything currently is, along with a new standing room only section in right field which will be leveled similar to the area under the neyland Jumbotron and act as the new student section. Theres also the possibility of the left field deck being made into a more permanent structure that wouldn’t be destroyed by a gust of wind

VN Store

Back