Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

As a structural engineer that's designed a few of these, the sail force from wind grabbing onto netting is not an insignificant force. My boys high school poles were 6" diameter, 3/8" thick and 30 ft tall and we replaced 2 a year for about 5 years after big thunderstorms, because they were either on the ground or have permanent deformations from excessive bending. They're cantilevered and have cantenary forces acting at the top of the poles. You have to also consider deflection and the amount of movement that can be acceptably perceived by a crowd in the stands. The alternative is guye wires that would be safety concerns from egress and practical standpoints. Over engineered means seat of the pants engineered hoping for a good result.
Whaddid that feller jus’ say?

Stopped by today and found it open and the team scrimmaging.

Stayed for an inning or two. Definitely have some work to do on the 3B seating but friendly weather will help. 3 weeks is a good bit of time though.

Mainly stuck around as long as I did because I sat behind Kirby and Zander for a while. They remind me of Statler and Waldorf on the Muppets- and I mean that as the highest compliment possible. I’m absolutely serious.

They’ll go far no matter what they do, but they’ll set the media world on fire if they get in it full time. My brother works in that world, and he says truly relaxed, naturally funny yet knowledgeable “talkers” are unicorns.

Reactions: txbo and chuckiepoo
Stopped by today and found it open and the team scrimmaging.

Stayed for an inning or two. Definitely have some work to do on the 3B seating but friendly weather will help. 3 weeks is a good bit of time though.

Mainly stuck around as long as I did because I sat behind Kirby and Zander for a while. They remind me of Statler and Waldorf on the Muppets- and I mean that as the highest compliment possible. I’m absolutely serious.

They’ll go far no matter what they do, but they’ll set the media world on fire if they get in it full time. My brother works in that world, and he says truly relaxed, naturally funny yet knowledgeable “talkers” are unicorns.
I believe Tony V said the seats start going in this week.

Reactions: WallyBalls
Anybody heard anything about parking this year?

I know basketball and just being on campus after 4pm as been an adventure (to put it mildly) so far this year, so I was wondering/hoping they might come up with something for at least the midweeks. Even if its just running a few busses from the Ag campus or something...

Isn't g16 open?
Anybody heard anything about parking this year?

I know basketball and just being on campus after 4pm as been an adventure (to put it mildly) so far this year, so I was wondering/hoping they might come up with something for at least the midweeks. Even if its just running a few busses from the Ag campus or something...

Isn't g16 open?

Well, yeah, but good luck getting a spot. Definitely ain't happening for those early midweeks or most midweeks in general.

Same for the busy saturdays or a day when basketball or a concert is going on. I parked between McClung and TBA most of the time last year, but some days even that was a mess and its not an option when there are arena events.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back