Liberty Bowl Twitter account's last two follows: Josh Dobbs & WVU QB Clint Trickett

They're just a bunch of drunk ignorant rednecks. Try living amongst them!!

Yeah, and the people from East Tennessee are different? Get off your arrogant soapbox. I've been to both states, and there are a lot of similarities. I've also been to more states in the country than not. There are good folks everywhere, and idiots everywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
PA or north sucks!

Not necessarily. But the fact is WVU is a haven for students from PA, NY, and NJ that weren't smart enough to get into the institutions in those states. I was very surprised at how unintelligent people in Morgantown were from the get go. As for me, it's hard to turn down a free ride, regardless of where that may be.

Perhaps it has changed. But the fact that like 50 students got arrested because they beat Baylor this year, leads me to believe they're still the same morons.

Nice contribution Cletus

It was a joke based on the post I was replying to...:eek:hmy::blink:

cletus__the_slack_jawed_yokel_by_leeroberts-d3ht7iq.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Reading all these complaints about possibly heading to Memphis is so frustrating to me. I spent my whole life there, with the exception of the last year in Atlanta. Does it suck in certain areas? Yes. For those of you so quick to judge, I'll be happy to fill you in on the absolute best places in the city to visit if you decide to get off the high horse and head west. If you don't want to come, don't come. I'll be home for Christmas and I'll be more than happy to take those tickets off your hands and cheer on our Vols! That is all.

Reactions: 6 people
We do not want WVU right now. We lost the heart of our defense and a corner we'll need against their spread. I want ND CBJ knows CBK.

I had a buddy who worked down there in Memphis.....said it wasn't nothing for people to come up in broad daylight and try to hold you up

Man, you guys are a bunch of closed-minded turds. Memphis is too "dangerous" and it is just a "crime riddled wasteland". West Virginia is "full of hillbillies" and "incestuous relationships".

If it ain't Knoxville, it ain't worth goin', is it?

First, I love how ridiculous it is when southern schools trash other southern schools as being inbred hicks. Every single school south of Cincinnati does it. It's always the other schools that are full of toothless Gomers, and we are the lone beacon of civilization. We're all in it together, bud. We're all the toothless hillbillies.

Second, VN is complaining about "smaller" areas because they're not civilized enough, but they complain about big cities because they're scary and full of crime. If you go to a bigger city you will find pockets of crime, pockets of depravity, and pockets of degradation. You'll also find a ton of culture, food, and history that you don't get in a lot of smaller places.

Be a bit more open-minded and you might just find that there are other good places in the world.

Well said

Reading all these complaints about possibly heading to Memphis is so frustrating to me. I spent my whole life there, with the exception of the last year in Atlanta. Does it suck in certain areas? Yes. For those of you so quick to judge, I'll be happy to fill you in on the absolute best places in the city to visit if you decide to get off the high horse and head west. If you don't want to come, don't come. I'll be home for Christmas and I'll be more than happy to take those tickets off your hands and cheer on our Vols! That is all.

Laura: I think most of the fans reaction is not to the city, but to the fact that we will likely face a very tough WVU team at the Liberty, and we have a much better shot to win in the Belk bowl. it is important to have a winning season at this point, and that is my biggest concern with this bowl selection.

Every city in the world has its good areas and bad areas. I've been to Memphis many times, and I have enjoyed all of my visits.

Yeah, and the people from East Tennessee are different? Get off your arrogant soapbox. I've been to both states, and there are a lot of similarities. I've also been to more states in the country than not. There are good folks everywhere, and idiots everywhere.

Not on an arrogant soapbox. Just stating a simple fact. True, there are some fans that are fine, but for the most part, they are drunk *******s. Typical wvu game day, let's show up at 6am when the gates open, and drink our faces off til the game, cuss at opposing fans, throw bottles and cans at them, pick fights, and throw piss bombs on them. Yes, Gainesville isn't the only place. I've seen it many many times! We refuse to go to a game in Morgantown anymore.

Laura: I think most of the fans reaction is not to the city, but to the fact that we will likely face a very tough WVU team at the Liberty, and we have a much better shot to win in the Belk bowl. it is important to have a winning season at this point, and that is my biggest concern with this bowl selection.

WVU is 7-5 and no juggernaut. They have their deficiencies just like we do. I think the game would be a toss up.

Not on an arrogant soapbox. Just stating a simple fact. True, there are some fans that are fine, but for the most part, they are drunk *******s. Typical wvu game day, let's show up at 6am when the gates open, and drink our faces off til the game, cuss at opposing fans, throw bottles and cans at them, pick fights, and throw piss bombs on them. Yes, Gainesville isn't the only place. I've seen it many many times! We refuse to go to a game in Morgantown anymore.

This is true. I've seen beer bottles chucked at women, I myself got hit by a car one night (on purpose), I've seen cars flipped for having non-wvu stickers. The list goes on.

When I was a kid I went to a UT-WVU basketball game in Morgantown (think it was 2002). There were several 30-50 year old men giving me the bird and cussing me out for wearing UT gear. Always left an impression.

You don't have to go through metal detectors to hang out in downtown Nashville. What's wrong with Memphis is the same thing that ruined Detroit, DC, NOLA pre-Katrina, and a number of other burgs.

Reactions: 3 people

Funny, but I went to a game there two years ago with a buddy from TCU. The people could not have been nicer. We were invited to join numerous tailgates. TCU won the game. Still no problems.

Maybe you are doing something to bring this on yourself?

My wife is from Parkersburg and she left at 18 lol !!! Nice hunting up there though .

Ha, that's where I live. Well, mineral wells. My mom left here at 18 too, met my dad in Knoxville, and we moved back here when I was in high school.

VN Store

Back