Liberty Bowl Twitter account's last two follows: Josh Dobbs & WVU QB Clint Trickett

I don't want to go to Memphis.

Then don't go. It's like people in the rest of the state don't realize how large the fan base is in West TN. We don't need people there from other areas of the state for this to be a sellout. This is a reward for every fan from west tn that makes the 370 mile drive to Knoxville to see our VOLS play.

Reactions: 14 people
Then don't go. It's like people in the rest of the state don't realize how large the fan base is in West TN. We don't need people there from other areas of the state for this to be a sellout. This is a reward for every fan from west tn that makes the 370 mile drive to Knoxville to see our VOLS play.

It's just greedy people from the east side of the state that have the convenience of driving 15 min to a game. The West TN Vols are some of the most loyal Big Orange fans you'll find, and the Liberty Bowl is a nice reward for those living in the west side of the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
SEC gets 2 teams in the Top 4 bowls, NO WAY Tn gets pushed down to the Liberty Bowl.

Belk is considered "better" as it pays out more than Liberty (although both are in the "group of 6"). Also, Belk gives us a better chance to win as we match up with those teams (ND, Duke, etc.) better than we match up with WVU. Finally the potential to play ND and get a win over that program would be very attractive. BELK.

Reactions: 1 person
WVU fans are the closest thing I've seen to TENNESSEE fans. Love drinking whiskey and moonshine, tailgating, mountains, and celebrating big wins in a big way. I've been to Morgantown and I had a BLAST! We'll have a good time with them!

Reactions: 3 people
WVU fans are the closest thing I've seen to TENNESSEE fans. Love drinking whiskey and moonshine, tailgating, mountains, and celebrating big wins in a big way. I've been to Morgantown and I had a BLAST! We'll have a good time with them!

Uhhh, no.

Reactions: 3 people
WVU is hiding nothing whatsoever:

B4RgjF0CYAAaG4h.jpg

anything more on twitter ?

the SEC picks who goes where - at least that is what has been posted several times on VN

Not for the top 4 bowls. Those are chosen by the playoff committee. Getting 2 from the SEC in, should move everyone up a bowl, as it frees up a spot in the lower 6.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just stoked to be in A bowl game. If its Liberty, lets do it and whip some ass

Reactions: 6 people
Solid contribution. Have you ever been to Morgantown?

I'm a WVU alumnus.

50% of the student population is from PA or north. Most of the cooler WVian students go home on weekends, and all your left with is Jersey trash. Yes, the WVian WVU fans are usually pretty cool. But that isn't indicative of their fanbase.

Uhhh, no.

Man, you guys are a bunch of closed-minded turds. Memphis is too "dangerous" and it is just a "crime riddled wasteland". West Virginia is "full of hillbillies" and "incestuous relationships".

If it ain't Knoxville, it ain't worth goin', is it?

First, I love how ridiculous it is when southern schools trash other southern schools as being inbred hicks. Every single school south of Cincinnati does it. It's always the other schools that are full of toothless Gomers, and we are the lone beacon of civilization. We're all in it together, bud. We're all the toothless hillbillies.

Second, VN is complaining about "smaller" areas because they're not civilized enough, but they complain about big cities because they're scary and full of crime. If you go to a bigger city you will find pockets of crime, pockets of depravity, and pockets of degradation. You'll also find a ton of culture, food, and history that you don't get in a lot of smaller places.

Be a bit more open-minded and you might just find that there are other good places in the world.

Reactions: 11 people
Not for the top 4 bowls. Those are chosen by the playoff committee. Getting 2 from the SEC in, should move everyone up a bowl, as it frees up a spot in the lower 6.

still the SEC picks those lower 6 team destinations and in no pecking order

I'm a WVU alumnus.

50% of the student population is from PA or north. Most of the cooler WVian students go home on weekends, and all your left with is Jersey trash. Yes, the WVian WVU fans are usually pretty cool. But that isn't indicative of their fanbase.

PA or north sucks!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back