Larry Scott - new TE coach

Butch s offense at Cincinnati relied greatly on the TE position. Was a big part of the offense. Since he got here our offensive LiNE has been piss poor most of the time so they have been made to block out of necessity. We also had the 2nd most rushing yards in the sec this year, so we ran a lot. This is a huge hire IMO. I expect some big time recruits from fla.

Reactions: 4 people
Again we hired a guy at a position we hardly utilize.

BTW that averages out to less than 2 catches a game. But FWIW I think we should use TES more. But it don't matter if we can't get the ball to them. Still think a QB coach and WR coach was more of a necessity

The TE's are a key to many of running sets

Reactions: 3 people
I, like most on VN, was surprised at the hire of a TE coach. However, I agree that this is just the beginning of building next year's staff. Scott certainly looks the part of CBJ's type of coach. He is a good recruiter. He is a strong leader. He can coach multiple positions. Also, I sure he comes with the recommendation of other coaches that CBJ trusts.

Expect this will be an interesting couple of weeks. Plus the upcoming recruiting visits.

Here's his 247 profile. He's got 4 commits listed for the 2016 class.
Larry Scott, Tight Ends Coach (FB), Miami Hurricanes

Joseph Jackson, SDE, 6-5/245 Gulliver Prep 0.9168 Miami 1/25/2015 P
James Wiggins, CB, 5-11/180 South Dade 0.8513 Miami 2/13/2015 P S
Tyler Byrd, CB, 5-11.5/194 Naples 0.8967 Miami 2/3/2015 P S
Cedrick Wright, S, 5-9/180 Gulliver Prep 0.8616 Miami 1/25/2015

Love to flip Byrd and Jackson.

Shoot, flip all four, they are all positions we will need going forward.

Reactions: 1 person

BTW that averages out to less than 2 catches a game. But FWIW I think we should use TES more. But it don't matter if we can't get the ball to them. Still think a QB coach and WR coach was more of a necessity

Just because a TE coach has been hired, doesnt mean Butch will not hire any more coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully Scott will get us into some of Florida premier programs Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, St.Thomas Aquinas, IMG Academy, Miami Columbus, Belen, Dwyer, American Heritage, etc.. to name a few!

Reactions: 3 people

Maybe with a good TE coach the TE productivity will improve.

Hopefully Scott will get us into some of Florida premier programs Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, St.Thomas Aquinas, IMG Academy, Miami Columbus, Belen, Dwyer, American Heritage, etc.. to name a few!

His strength is the tampa/orlando area

VN Store

Back