Larry Scott - new TE coach

Silly season isn't over yet. There are still a million different scenarios that could play out. We could fire Mahoney and promote Sheridan to QB coach while Debord takes care of o line. We could get rid of Azzani and let Butch or Scott take care of receivers making room for Sheridan or any other qb coach.

Sheridan is probably going to offense quality

looking at the bio, i don't see any obvious ties to CBJ. so i'm liking the fact he's going outside his "comfort zone" to find staff members.

filled a need, got a good coach and what looks like a pretty good recruiter as well.

welcome aboard Coach Scott! GBO!
No ties at all. Good seeing Butch going outside of his coaching tree to get a great hire.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't want to flood the thread with more videos, however those of you interested there are several videos of him on YouTube CanesAllAccess. However I just searched Larry Scott Miami and found several good videos.

Thanks for info and posts. Will check it out.

Reactions: 1 person
My buddy that's close to the Miami program just texted me and said this was going to be huge for us. I'm stoked about it.

He's right!...This is a big time hire!...Very excited to have coach Scott as a member of the VOL family!...The man can recruit too.

Reactions: 4 people
Silly season isn't over yet. There are still a million different scenarios that could play out. We could fire Mahoney and promote Sheridan to QB coach while Debord takes care of o line. We could get rid of Azzani and let Butch or Scott take care of receivers making room for Sheridan or any other qb coach.

True but I'd like a proven QB coach that isn't on the staff. Sheridan coached Donna this year and Dobbs had a very average year passing.

looking at the bio, i don't see any obvious ties to CBJ. so i'm liking the fact he's going outside his "comfort zone" to find staff members.

filled a need, got a good coach and what looks like a pretty good recruiter as well.

welcome aboard Coach Scott! GBO!

The connection is Mike Canales.

I wonder why he decided to leave Miami, is he getting a big bump in pay or something?

even if his salary stays the same, that same money goes a lot further in Knoxville than it does in Miami FL....so while i expect he's getting a raises, there's no doubt he'd have more change in his pocket, after expenses just by moving.

and i have no idea who that is......is that a "hey know any good candidates i should talk to" type connection or are we on the buddy system here?

Mike Canales was the interim head coach at North Texas and also good friends with CBJ. Mike Canales and Larry Scott coached together at USF and Scott played for Canales at USF. If Mahoney does indeed get the boot expect Canales to get a good look at as QB coach.

Reactions: 4 people
Mike Canales was the interim head coach at North Texas and also good friends with CBJ. Mike Canales and Larry Scott coached together at USF and Scott played for Canales at USF. If Mahoney does indeed get the boot expect Canales to get a good look at as QB coach.

If we move Nick to Quality Control it'll open up the QB Coach position

Welcome aboard.

Best Staff in America just got Bester(?)...more Bestie(?)....Bettered (?)

How does one improve a superlative?

Get rid of CZA and get a real QB coach. We will then have a damn good staff.

VN Store

Back