Larry Scott - new TE coach

Confirmed. Welcome coach Scott! Great hire. Miami folks speak well of this guy. Great coach and recruiter with ties to Florida.

Reactions: 14 people
Larry Scott had an offer to return to Miami as TE coach and was wanted badly...he turned it down and is headed to Tennessee.

-Peter Ariz

Reactions: 33 people
My buddy that's close to the Miami program just texted me and said this was going to be huge for us. I'm stoked about it.

Reactions: 20 people
Great hire by the vols. Dude develops tight ends. Clive Watford became great with him and he coached up our next good one. This guy makes 3 stars into 5 stars

Wish he stayed

Reactions: 72 people
I like this

Scott’s biggest impact on USF came in recruiting within Miami-Dade and Broward counties. USF’s 2008 class was considered to be among the best in program history until the Bulls’ 2009 class was ranked No. 21 nationally.

Reactions: 13 people
Conventional wisdom was that Butch was going to hire Nick Sheridan as a full time QB coach. But lately a story has come out that Tennessee is in talks with Miami former Interim Head Coach, and Tight Ends coach Larry Scott. Word is that Mark Richt was fighting to keep him on staff but Scott turned him down and may indeed come to Tennessee. Its being reported by Miami sources Per Peter Ariz CanesInSight - Miami Hurricanes Sports and Recruiting News "Larry Scott had an offer to return to Miami as TE coach and was wanted badly...he turned it down and is headed to Tennessee."

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
Since 1999 all sources remain confidential. Mail@FootballScoop.com or 225.229.3429

Monday January 4, 2016

ProGrassFlags

Tennessee: Source tells FootballScoop that Miami interim head coach / tight ends Larry Scott will join Butch Jones’ staff as tight ends coach. Scott joined the Miami staff in 2013 as tight ends coach, and prior to that he coached the tight ends, offensive line and running backs at South Florida from 2007-2012.

Reactions: 1 person
Great hire by the vols. Dude develops tight ends. Clive Watford became great with him and he coached up our next good one. This guy makes 3 stars into 5 stars

Wish he stayed

Thanks for the insight. Based on what I'd seen of your tight ends these last few years, I said upgrade...at least in technical TE coaching.

Wish he stayed

I work at a golf course we're Jack Del Rio plays. He spoke very highly of Watford before the season started.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back