Larry Scott - new TE coach

What high schools are in that area? I am not familiar with the area.

Plant, Tampa Catholic, Sickles, Hillsborough, and Tampa Bay Tech are schools that have produced tons of talent in the past.

IMG Academy is in Bradenton, which is just south of Tampa.

Officially, Elder was Special Teams and Tight Ends coach. DeBord was OC and Quarterbacks, I believe, and Mahoney is OL. Unofficially, I believe DeBord works with the line and TEs to a degree, but Scott can focus on TEs and free up DeBord to work more with the line.

So what would that leave Mahoney to do... Mahoney get the boot?

Love the hire, sprinkle this in with the "pro style" full back formation Debord pulled out for the bowl game, and what do you have; CBJ slowly moving the offense toward a pro style. Don't be suprised if we convert someone on the roster to fullback and we use TE, like we did in the Fulmer era.

Jakob Johnson for FB!

Reactions: 5 people
SIAP...Anyone sure of any prospects he was primarily recruiting at Miami and if we could get a leg up with this hire

Ethan Wolf approves this hire.
If the staff keeps Croom at TE (was mentioned by Hubbs during Bowl week, that the staff had been looking at moving Croom there), this is fantastic news. Croom has the size and talent to be an NFL pass-catching TE.

Reactions: 2 people
Our TE's total receptions were right in line with most of the conference except for Arkansas and I don't count Evan Engram at Ole Miss as a TE. Should the rest of the conference just do away with the TE position coach as well?

OMG. The point was that we had other glaring needs. Our TE's were fine imo. We just haven't used them much. On the other hand, we can't pass, wrs can't catch, get open, and have seemed to regress since their arrival. I know we've had injuries, but still. Compare their play from day 1 until now.

If you look at this team the passing game is mediocre. You can blame that on play calling, wr coaching, or limited due to Dobbs' accuracy issue's. Either way, the above needs adjustments in order for us to play to the level we should be on, which is a playoff team.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure the U wanted him to stay, but tough to be The Man for a few months and then be a little guy at the same place. Very rarely does an interim stay after getting demoted back down. Lou Fickell is one of the few I can think of

Wasn't he the kicker who missed in the super bowl? Claiming Marino didn't have the laces out?😜

I almost want to bet this guy will either be our future O line coach or eventually offensive coordinator, besides just being our TE coach at the moment

I almost want to bet this guy will either be our future O line coach or eventually offensive coordinator, besides just being our TE coach at the moment

Yeah, I think we see more staff movement and maybe he gets recruiting coordinator, assoc head coach, asst head coach, or something of one of those guys goes.

Jones has impressed me with this hire and even fliring with a new DC hire if true. Just shows, imo, that he is all in on making a real run and doing whatever it takes to make 2016 all it should be

This guy saved our season..you pretty much got a head coach as a.position coach

Hi Miamicane. What are your thoughts on the Richt hire? Most here think he is a bad hire (though many thought he should not have been fired by GA--similar to our Fulmer fire). Was just wondering what your perspective is. Thanks.:good!:

Yeah, I think we see more staff movement and maybe he gets recruiting coordinator, assoc head coach, asst head coach, or something of one of those guys goes.

Jones has impressed me with this hire and even fliring with a new DC hire if true. Just shows, imo, that he is all in on making a real run and doing whatever it takes to make 2016 all it should be

Yeah it just seems odd for him to come here just for a small bump in pay (possibly) and the same position. Don't get me wrong I definitely think this is a destination job, but I just think there is more behind the scenes to this than we know

Yeah it just seems odd for him to come here just for a small bump in pay (possibly) and the same position. Don't get me wrong I definitely think this is a destination job, but I just think there is more behind the scenes to this than we know

Yep, My guess is Mahoney goes and another hire is made for QB coach and DeBord takes the OLine.

I expect a couple more changes. I think (with no reason to think this) that Thigpen may go at some point in the offseason. Hope I am wrong

Austin Johnson 2.0 imo, except JJ started at MLB instead of ending his college career playing it.

I still remember Austin's touchdown against the Cocks in 2009 very fondly.

I looked at the roster, and Gavin Bryant seemed to be the only one that would have a natural fit at fullback. Quay could slim down and try, but he's needed else where. J.J. is just way to tall. At that height you'll find a DE will sub at full back in some kind of a heavy package which is rarely done in most normal game plans.

VN Store

Back