KK commits to Tennessee

Harris will probably see less than that then because Patterson will probably backup Cheridene and KK will back up Russell which would leave Harris on the bench! But like you say if she has a good year this year (4pts, 6+ rebs, and 1.5+blocks a game) I think she would see more time her second year because she would know the system

I completely forgot about KK.

Yeah, I don't see Harris getting many minutes in 2017-18, unless she is an impact player this year. When Mercedes graduates, she may get more minutes depending on who is in the 2018 class, and will definitely pick up more once Green graduates.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Alexa's game. I think that if she could just stop overthinking everything and let the game come to her, she could be a very, very good player for Tennessee. I hope she shows what she's capable of this year.

Should Westbrook and/or Dodson join next year, I think Kortney will probably be an end of bench player even if she plays more minutes out of necessity this year. Same with MeMe.

I think it's impossible for Harris not to get minutes this year. Otherwise, it's just Russell and Nunn at the two post positions. Harris will need to play to give them a breather or in the event of foul trouble. I just can't see Dunbar playing a lot at the 4.

Holly could play Jaime at the 4, but she's a natural wing and probably wouldn't be able to rebound or defend with the better high post players. Harris has the body and could potentially be a really strong defensive player for the team, so I think she will get 10-12 minutes/game.

Kortney Dunbar could and would play at the 3 or 4 positions if she had a coaching staff that knew how to implement her game into a system.

Kortney is a good player! She needs to be involved not sitting on the bench only used to help the coach out at the last minute with some desperation 3pt shots. :crazy:

When Izzy, Cierra, Andraya and Ariel were not playing in early preseason we all seen what Kortney could do. She was phenomenal. Scoring, rebounding and defending. After the aforementioned players came back to play Kortney was delegated to the bench.

KD is exactly why I don't trust CHW with any of the recruits. The players need to be coached up not down.

#JustPlayHardUgh:crazy:

Kortney Dunbar could and would play at the 3 or 4 positions if she had a coaching staff that knew how to implement her game into a system.

Kortney is a good player! She needs to be involved not sitting on the bench only used to help the coach out at the last minute with some desperation 3pt shots. :crazy:

When Izzy, Cierra, Andraya and Ariel were not playing in early preseason we all seen what Kortney could do. She was phenomenal. Scoring, rebounding and defending. After the aforementioned players came back to play Kortney was delegated to the bench.

KD is exactly why I don't trust CHW with any of the recruits. The players need to be coached up not down.

Agreed!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Kortney needs to show what she can do against better competition. I think a good part of that is coaching. It seemed like she was put in the game when they needed a 3-pt shot, then promptly pulled back out. I did notice that she doesn't move a lot. She just hovers outside the perimeter mostly waiting for a kick out and then launches from anywhere past halfcourt.

She will have an uphill battle with the incoming recruits if they get some talented forwards. Unless she has a breakout season this year, I honestly can't see her getting extended minutes next season.

Reactions: 2 people

omg,I love to watch K.D, if she was wt a great Coach she could shot 10 3's in one game.

Kortney needs to show what she can do against better competition. I think a good part of that is coaching. It seemed like she was put in the game when they needed a 3-pt shot, then promptly pulled back out. I did notice that she doesn't move a lot. She just hovers outside the perimeter mostly waiting for a kick out and then launches from anywhere past halfcourt.

She will have an uphill battle with the incoming recruits if they get some talented forwards. Unless she has a breakout season this year, I honestly can't see her getting extended minutes next season.

Agreed. And for a program built so heavily on defense and rebounding, neither of those areas are exactly Kortney's strong suit. But she's in a great position this season to prove herself.

VN Store

Back