KK commits to Tennessee

There has been no official announcement of KK commitment. Why is that?

I don't get what you are saying. There has been articles everywhere and KK made a personal announcement on her Twitter account. Coaches can't comment on recruits until they have signed a National Letter of Intent to that school.

KK had it on Twitter. That's official enough for me.

I have no idea what kind of official commitment this person wants to kn?? It was all in the Internet and espn, maybe this person is talking bout signing LOL. Signing period should be November.

I'm lost. Kushkituah's commitment has been officially announced. It is permissible and non-binding. It has been documented:

Lady Vols address recruiting need with Kushkituah

KK has not signed a LOI. No one has in this class yet. She will do that during the early signing period in mid November unless she decides to wait until the regular signing period in April. The coaching staff cannot publicly comment on recruits until they receive their signed paperwork. Although committed, KK is still a recruit.

I don't get what you are saying. There has been articles everywhere and KK made a personal announcement on her Twitter account. Coaches can't comment on recruits until they have signed a National Letter of Intent to that school.

Something like a write up. Thanks for the link!

Sorry, a Dan write up is official. lol Ijs.

And the sky is not falling... :rock:

I back Pat and roll with Holly!

Last edited:
I'm lost. Kushkituah's commitment has been officially announced. It is permissible and non-binding. It has been documented:

Lady Vols address recruiting need with Kushkituah

KK has not signed a LOI. No one has in this class yet. She will do that during the early signing period in mid November unless she decides to wait until the regular signing period in April. The coaching staff cannot publicly comment on recruits until they receive their signed paperwork. Although committed, KK is still a recruit.

Ur rite but as a player committed to a school, no school is allow to contact that player any more.

Ur rite but as a player committed to a school, no school is allow to contact that player any more.

That's not true. Schools can recruit after a player commit to a school, because a verbal is non binding. They can contact until the day the recruit sign their LOI.

Sure they can. Some schools can even implement negative recruiting strategies, promise residences, and construct employment opportunities.

Reactions: 2 people
It is great that we are recruiting up with the other big programs. I would like to see the program recruit another post. The list of 2017 players considering the L.V.'s is very impressive. I would like to see us bring in at least four good players with the ability to contribute immediately. It is Great to see our recruiting making a comeback after the shutout last year.

I think we have a chance of doing well this year, barring any bad injuries, as along as we can get some positive contributions from the two new players. I do think that the coaches need to upstep their game. Hopefully we are more aggressive.

Reactions: 1 person

Brenda Frese stayed in contact with Candace well into her freshman year and tried to get her to transfer to Maryland. A "nice" call from Pat put that to an end, and Brenda has HATED Tennessee since then.

Reactions: 3 people
Brenda Frese stayed in contact with Candace well into her freshman year and tried to get her to transfer to Maryland. A "nice" call from Pat put that to an end, and Brenda has HATED Tennessee since then.

Yup and she was wrong, a lot of the recruits she get you certainly have to question because she is truly by any means necessary

It is great that we are recruiting up with the other big programs. I would like to see the program recruit another post. The list of 2017 players considering the L.V.'s is very impressive. I would like to see us bring in at least four good players with the ability to contribute immediately. It is Great to see our recruiting making a comeback after the shutout last year.

I think we have a chance of doing well this year, barring any bad injuries, as along as we can get some positive contributions from the two new players. I do think that the coaches need to upstep their game. Hopefully we are more aggressive.

Hayes and Greene will probably start, and KK will be a solid backup for Mercedes. If they get Patterson, she will likely log big minutes as well.

If Westbrook and/or Dodson sign, Holly will have her hands full trying to manage the rotation, which is at worst a #firstworldproblem. Much better than not having depth at all.

The recruiting efforts will probably light a fire under Alexa, Kortney and MeMe to really shine this year, which is IMO a good thing. They will want to show that they deserve minutes next season.

Hayes and Greene will probably start, and KK will be a solid backup for Mercedes. If they get Patterson, she will likely log big minutes as well.

If Westbrook and/or Dodson sign, Holly will have her hands full trying to manage the rotation, which is at worst a #firstworldproblem. Much better than not having depth at all.

The recruiting efforts will probably light a fire under Alexa, Kortney and MeMe to really shine this year, which is IMO a good thing. They will want to show that they deserve minutes next season.

I don't disagree at all. I think all 3 need to step up and show why they were recruited. Alexa needs to cut out some of the dribbling and run the offense. I really like Kortney and think conditioning would help her more than anything other than getting pulled after hitting a 3 pointer. MeMe plays hard but often looks confused to me in the past but I think she picks it up this year with the limited roster we have.

Have you seen Hayes or Greene play?

The good thing is if they don't they will all only be here 1 year (they would be seniors) and MeMe would have 2 years (she'd be a junior) I am intrigued to see if Harris logs minutes or will she be another Nia Moore (played when we have absolute no other options)

Have you seen Hayes or Greene play?

I have not, but between the two I'd say that Green is almost a lock to start: she'll have been with the program for 1 year, she has collegiate experience, and her main competition to start would be Harris (who probably won't be prime-time come next year).

Hayes is a pure PG. I could see her starting over Te'a, especially since Cooper is out injured this year and may need some time to get back into the flow of things. While the same is true of Green, Hayes would be tougher competition for Cooper than Harris would be for Green.

The good thing is if they don't they will all only be here 1 year (they would be seniors) and MeMe would have 2 years (she'd be a junior) I am intrigued to see if Harris logs minutes or will she be another Nia Moore (played when we have absolute no other options)

I like Alexa's game. I think that if she could just stop overthinking everything and let the game come to her, she could be a very, very good player for Tennessee. I hope she shows what she's capable of this year.

Should Westbrook and/or Dodson join next year, I think Kortney will probably be an end of bench player even if she plays more minutes out of necessity this year. Same with MeMe.

I think it's impossible for Harris not to get minutes this year. Otherwise, it's just Russell and Nunn at the two post positions. Harris will need to play to give them a breather or in the event of foul trouble. I just can't see Dunbar playing a lot at the 4.

Holly could play Jaime at the 4, but she's a natural wing and probably wouldn't be able to rebound or defend with the better high post players. Harris has the body and could potentially be a really strong defensive player for the team, so I think she will get 10-12 minutes/game.

Last edited:
I like Alexa's game. I think that if she could just stop overthinking everything and let the game come to her, she could be a very, very good player for Tennessee. I hope she shows what she's capable of this year.

Should Westbrook and/or Dodson join next year, I think Kortney will probably be an end of bench player even if she plays more minutes out of necessity this year. Same with MeMe.

I think it's impossible for Harris not to get minutes this year. Otherwise, it's just Russell and Nunn at the two post positions. Harris will need to play to give them a breather or in the event of foul trouble. I just can't see Dunbar playing a lot at the 4.

Holly could play Jaime at the 4, but she's a natural wing and probably wouldn't be able to rebound or defend with the better high post players. Harris has the body and could potentially be a really strong defensive player for the team, so I think she will get 10-12 minutes/game.

I agree! I was talking more so next year when people arrive not this year! I know for sure Harris will play a lot this year! I hope she's a human eraser too!

I agree! I was talking more so next year when people arrive not this year! I know for sure Harris will play a lot this year! I hope she's a human eraser too!

Lots of variables, and probably dependent on whether or not Patterson and/or Williams sign, how Cheridene Green pans out and if Mercedes stays for her final year of eligibility. I think Harris will see the floor as Mercedes' backup, unless Green is really good and Williams commits.

If Patterson signs but Williams does not, minutes could be something like:

Mercedes - 25 min
Cheridene - 24 min
Patterson - 23 min
Harris - 8 min

If Williams signs and Cheridene is as good as advertised, I can't imagine Harris getting alot of minutes unless she has a solid freshman season.

Lots of variables, and probably dependent on whether or not Patterson and/or Williams sign, how Cheridene Green pans out and if Mercedes stays for her final year of eligibility. I think Harris will see the floor as Mercedes' backup, unless Green is really good and Williams commits.

If Patterson signs but Williams does not, minutes could be something like:

Mercedes - 25 min
Cheridene - 24 min
Patterson - 23 min
Harris - 8 min

If Williams signs and Cheridene is as good as advertised, I can't imagine Harris getting alot of minutes unless she has a solid freshman season.

Harris will probably see less than that then because Patterson will probably backup Cheridene and KK will back up Russell which would leave Harris on the bench! But like you say if she has a good year this year (4pts, 6+ rebs, and 1.5+blocks a game) I think she would see more time her second year because she would know the system

VN Store

Back