Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Can you tell me who the great coaches back then were for lady basketball? Everyone in collthis forum knows that she put Girl's college basketball on the map. Now things have changed- ratings are skyrocketing for the top teams in the country-- we need to be in on that action. Tennessee Lady VOLS are the bluest of the blue bloods. We shouldn't be taking a back seat to anyone. That's the way I feel.
"Girl's college basketball" lol

Try "girls' high school basketball; women's college basketball"

Or "Boys' college football", I dunno

@DeerPark12 has been well respected on here for as long as I can remember. SO much so, that when he told me I was overthinking it about the PR signs signaling Danny White was going to fire Kellie... I actually quit posting for several days. That's how much I respect him.

View attachment 632330
My issue is when when posters build a reputation on being “in the know” and then go ghost whenever they’re wrong. It really is ok to own it.

If someone has sources/contacts that the average fan doesn’t, cool. But don’t make definitive statements as if you heard something directly from the source (aka Danny). And then back-track when wrong.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kinda like what happened to our program after Fulmer was fired. I think there's a lot to what you said.
I think if you look at our team at the beginning of the SEC Conference games, one would quickly understand why we were looking for a new coach. However, I had begun to think, after the last two games against, South Carolina, she might survive if she had been able to get 3-4 commitments by the end of last week. Therefore I think the decision was made weeks ago and they waited until the anniversary of her contract to announce their decision.

You’re definitely right that a “no” can be generated from either side and presented in the best light by a party as they desire. When you reference “interviews” that typically happens pretty late in the process. What happens early is that someone from our side vets possibilities through an agent. I’d assume several potential candidates were pruned there. I definitely agree that we have not been “turned down by several candidates”. In fact, I feel pretty comfortable that we’ve made either one or two offers only.

Good stuff. I got some places to be this weekend so I won’t post again unless some official news is leaked to a credible media outlet! I’m about to leave the rest to that fanatics crew from over on Twitter.
The Lady Vols are looking at a major deal and successful coach being announced according to my sources. The new saying is this, “what do you call it when your designated hitter is at the plate with the bases loaded?”
A grand slam! GBO.

"Girl's college basketball" lol

Try "girls' high school basketball; women's college basketball"

Or "Boys' college football", I dunno
Female. Guy. I started with women, but that sounds very mature. It's the point of the message that counts. Lady'? I called myself a "girl" in my description. I'm old.

I think that if you want to get to a higher level, you better hire a coach that’s been to a higher level than Harper. Otherwise what was the purpose in the change..

And from what I’ve been told, I believe wholeheartedly that we’ve offered multiple coaches and have been turned down multiple times. I don’t know who directly, but once we see who’s hired, apparently, that becomes clear (and I don’t even know that DW has picked yet).
Dude, you're just repeating yourself

VN Store

Back