Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Rickea has been snubbed so often now that I'm beginning to fear she'll also be snubbed on Draft Day. 😲 I keep wondering what possible reasons people could keep dissing her like they are. Is there something we don't know? Has someone made a deal with the devil against her? What?
Rickea, as we all know, is a great player that any team would love to have...let the haters hate...Rickea has always and will continue to rise above...LVFL 🧡💙🧡

Can a coach please just say yes to us. This is like football all over again (minus a losing record). What are we doing??
We don't know that a coach has said no. We know nothing.
Also, in coaching searches, coaches often "decide to stay" where they are when they were never even offered another job. Posturing, PR, agents, etc etc

That wasn’t said so I have no clue. Just wait. They don’t know, but said it will be underwhelming.

So your sources don't know who we have interviewed or who has turned us down.. they just know that we've been turned down a lot?

Let's dissect that. Why would someone leak information that we've been turned down a lot but not leak any additional information. Why say/ leak anything at all at that point, especially given that the perception of being "turned down" often damages a coaching search and makes it seem like the program isn't a desirable destination. Are they trying to intentionally sabotage Danny White's coaching search? (aka. Kellie Harper supporters who want the search to fail, etc.?)

Because a lot of coaches turned us down during that search. If he wanted Heupel first, he would have taken him first and not waited so long. He got told no ALOT. Heupel has worked out for us obviously.
name the coaches. James Franklin, maybe Tony Elliot...who else? Who do you know for a fact turned UT down?

They're searching for money with that .99 for 24 hour access (and less than 1000 followers). They earlier tweeted that they were hearing Marshall's coach was in the mix, ironically citing a Marshall beat reporter Cassidy Wood.

But again, Cassidy posted at 6:49pm (AFTER the Richard West parody account tweet - which was posted at 6:29). She also retweeted the Richard West account, so she had no idea it was a parody account. I think the likely story here is that she got duped by the fake tweet and posted it which then gave some legitimacy to the fake story (due to her connection and coverage with the Marshall program). Ironically the clickbait sports then later tweeted the "top coach wants Tennessee job" after earlier reporting the Marshall info. LOL

I think you are probably correct but I can see the sweat beads on you forehead from here!

We don't know that a coach has said no. We know nothing.
Also, in coaching searches, coaches often "decide to stay" where they are when they were never even offered another job. Posturing, PR, agents, etc etc
From what I’ve heard. We’ve offered, and (multiple) coaches have said no.

Obviously, I’m some random guy on the internet. But I think that will come through when we announce someone that is head scratching from the coach we just fired. Once again, I have no names but comes from credible sources (to me).

Reactions: turbovol
She was very "anti- Kara Lawson" yesterday in her youtube interview. Not because she didn't like her but because she says Danny White understands this is such a pivotal moment for the program and that we have to have a splash hire. She's been consistent in that approach since Kellie's firing. If the reports that the contract/firing was leaked to her then the fact that she thinks we need a splash hire suggests she also knew the direction the AD would look when they started their search.

That's fine---but again, there's been no specific info from her about who's been approached, who's been interviewed, who's said no, who's still in the mix. As the beat reporter who's been around the program all season, she should have some sources and some credible info--but there's been nothing.

From what I’ve heard. We’ve offered, and (multiple) coaches have said no.

Obviously, I’m some random guy on the internet. But I think that will come through when we announce someone that is head scratching from the coach we just fired. Once again, I have no names but comes from credible sources (to me).
exactly, we don't know anything. You've heard wild speculation and gossip. Your buddy telling you something he/she heard doesn't make it fact. Posts like yours are so common. Anyone short of a Staley or a Hammon could be considered "underwhelming" and then you all get to say "see, I told you!"

Nobody. Knows.

VN Store

Back