Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

He was 7-6

A world better

yeah and he was going to take this team to 10-2 in their eyes. He knew he had some trouble coming with this team and then he added to it when he left. I would say that a great coach could of had us at 7-5 at best and that is still a possibility. Dooley is still figuring out his staff and moving forward with building a solid program.

I also like the immature over use of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to make his point. Some people that don't know anything about running a program need to quit posting.

Agreed. Here is the problem. Kiffin didn't want to be here. If the administration had done something to chase him off....it would be worth discussing. As it stands, it is not relevant to this program.
It is pretty sad the way some of our fans pine away about the pretty girl who unceremoniously dumped us

of course not since that wouldn't support your argument at all. Bunch of people want to celebrate a guy who took a dump on the program they claim to support

+10000000000000000. Not playing Bama, Florida, and Lsu to win your conference helps too.

Muschamp was at the table at UT...jumped at the Florida job. We are kidding ourselves if we don't think our boosters threw some legitimate duckets around when Kiffin left. Nobody wanted the job.

That's always hard to read. I hope that it's not the case when we have a more complete roster of players and we're doing this again. I don't know if I can stomach another bargain bin hire.

It is pretty sad the way some of our fans pine away about the pretty girl who unceremoniously dumped us

That is true. But I am trying to work thru it with the help of the shrinks here at VolNation.

What I need is a girl prettier than Lane and is willing to date me?

I prefer a young up and comer.

I had a T-shirt once which read...'Girl Wanted: no experience necessary'

Last edited:
For starters, Kiffin wouldn't have kicked Janzen off the team. Also, hate him or love him, some kid named Bryce Brown would be carrying the rock instead of that Poole fella everyone likes to hate.

If you think kiffin would've won 8-10 games with Bray, hunter, Jackson, and lathers missing all or parts of the year then you are crazy. He may be the better coach his win over Oregon was a nice win. But lets not forget he had awful losses to teams like ole miss, auburn, and especially UCLA. Then he got embarrassed in a bowl. This was with one of the best ever dbs at ut, a first round dt, a very good wr corps, a very good te, an NFL RB, and most importantly leadership by seniors and Eric Berry.

It's also sad they refuse to call Kiffin a good coach.

He might be a sorry SOB and a lying POS but he's damn good coach.

He didn't want to be here and that's fine. He's gone. However, he's an example of Tennessee getting a coach others wanted and not settling for a WAC coach with a losing record.

Tennessee can get a better coach than Derek Dooley, be it tomorrow or a year from today. To make excuses for this past season is a slap in the face to this program, moreso than leaving for a job you wanted in the first place imo.

Reactions: 1 person
For starters, Kiffin wouldn't have kicked Janzen off the team. Also, hate him or love him, some kid named Bryce Brown would be carrying the rock instead of that Poole fella everyone likes to hate.

Janzen didnt want to be here, or he would have acted right

Brown left because of his daddy

and not partaking in all of the childish behavior, trying to make a name for himself and causing controversy, would Kiffin even come back to UT? Would 4 million get him here with a very high buy-out? He is a proven winner as a college coach, especially under adversity. LET THE BASHING BEGIN!!!!!! I'm actually one of the few UT fans that like him. Hated how he acted and what he did here though. I can forgive though (winning)

Last edited:
Kiffin dumped you. He is not coming back. He never even loved you so stop crying about it. We were the rebound chick after Oakland.

Kiffin wouldn't have had a choice. JJ made his bed. Would playing for an NFL DC made him act right? Doubtful.

He might be a sorry SOB and a lying SOB but he's damn good coach.

He didn't want to be here and that's fine. He's gone. However, he's an example of Tennessee getting a coach others wanted and not settling for a WAC coach with a losing record.

Tennessee can get a better coach than Derek Dooley, be it tomorrow or a year from today. To make excuses for this past season is a slap in the face to this program, moreso than leaving for a job you wanted in the first place imo.

You can no more prove that he is a good coach after one year at Tennessee, than you can say after Dooleys first year at UT

Kiffin 7-6
Dooley 6-7

Cant say anything else, because the situations at USC are not the same as they are at UT. Not by a long shot

Kiffin had a losing record before coming to UT
So did Dooley

Kiffin got hired because of his Daddy, nothing else
Dooley got hired because he was willing to take over the train wreck and he was cheap

He might be a sorry SOB and a lying SOB but he's damn good coach.

I won't hesitate to call him a good coach. Hell, I was fully on the bandwagon while he was here. Once I got over the initial shock of him leaving, I really understand why he did it. So I have let go of the death wish for him.

But to sit around and constantly whine about how much better it would be if he were here is just pathetic. He left us, not the other way around.

he's a very good play caller, can assemble a staff and create a buzz for himself. That's about as far as I can go in his coaching abilities

You can no more prove that he is a good coach after one year at Tennessee, than you can say after Dooleys first year at UT

Kiffin 7-6
Dooley 6-7

Cant say anything else, because the situations at USC are no the same as they are at UT. Not by a long shot

Kiffin had a losing record before coming to UT
So did Dooley

Kiffin got hired because of his Daddy, nothing else
Dooley got hired because he was willing to take over the train wreck and he was cheap

Oh really? Look at the freshmen and sophomores Kiffin are playing. Look at how many scholarship guys are on USC's roster.

The AFC West and the WAC are comparable.

And Derek Dooley's daddy never came into play? You're kidding yourself if you think Derek Smith with a losing record at La Tech is on the sidelines at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back