Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

The NCAA has not done anything to Ohio State yet. They will get their time.

Kiffin would have made UT great with his recruiting and coaching staff. I wish he would have stayed. Unfortunatly the USC job opened up sooner than we thought. Cant blame the man for going really to his dream job.

Yeah we saw that with his first class.

some of you guys are ridiculous!! Kiffin didn’t want to be here… it doesn’t matter how good of a coach he is, he didn’t want to be at tennessee. You can compare all that you want, but it doesn’t matter. Dooley is our coach. Some of you need to decide whether you want to be a tennessee fan or a kiffin fan. And if kiffin is your choice then gtfo.

amen.

What actually sold me on Kiffin (at the time) was not Hardesty, but the development of Crompton.

People still love to occasionally dog on him, but the kid was a heck of a qb for a good part of his senior season, and ended up throwing 28 TDs to 11 or 12 picks for the year- and he played well enough to keep us within striking distance of the #1 team in the nation.

Crompton actually had all the tools, to be a good Qb. Thats what drove everybody nuts. this is is to me one of those head scratchers why??

Kiffin would have made UT great with his recruiting and coaching staff. I wish he would have stayed. Unfortunatly the USC job opened up sooner than we thought. Cant blame the man for going really to his dream job.

He would not have run this program in the same manner in which he is running USC. He had no respect for this place. He respects/loves USC. He has treated both programs accordingly. Please stop thinking he would be treating TN the same. Just stop. It's ignorant.

Who cares? Yes he wouldve won more than Dooley but he left us cold in the middle of the night.Let's move on please he found his so called dream job. I do miss layla though.

Kiffin would have left for UCLA, USC, Stanford, Arizona, ASU, Oregon as well, IMO. I mean, he didn't want to be in the South or the East or the midwest. As it happened, his dream job opened up for him and he took it. I can't fault him for that. I do fault him for lying about taking recruits, telling recruits not to go to class and taking some potshots at TN after he left. Personally, I don't care for the guy. But, that is so far in the past and we have more pressing issues at hand that it really doesn't matter what we think about him because he is where he wants and should be and it is simple as that.

Personally, I think we should have never fired Phillip Fulmer. But we did. And now we have a great coach in CDD if the board at UT and the AD don't listen to the 1% Small Mikes out there and just shut up and let him continue the process. I mean, as my grandmother used to say, you gotta dance with your date or something like that.

You know...if Hamilton had the vision, he should have told Lane...hey don't leave here, we'll give you an extra $2.5 mil...problem solved.

Tennessee already gave Kiffin and his coaches more money than any other coaching staff. He never liked being at Tennessee people. And what is to say we give another coach alot of money and his DREAM job comes open he leaves just like Kiffin. Be careful what you wish for.

The kiffster wasn't bad at gameday coaching. He did get us to a bowl game...barely....and lost. If you just defined the job of head coach by what happens on the field he'd get a passing grade. There is alot more duties of a head coach. Especially the head coach representing the Universityof Tennessee. Overall he was a complete and utter failure.
i liked what kiffen brought to our team when he first arrived.attitude/backbone or whatever you want to call it,it was something our teamed lacked,fulmer just rolled over & took whatever anyone dished out to us.as said,think kiffen could do the x & o's too.also,look what he did with crompton.what turned me against kiffin was after what our former center,josh mcneil,had to say bout a lot of what kiffin was doin.any of you who didnt read it need to.kiffin never bought in to what it is to be a tennessee vol and he never would.he had usc highlights playing in the athletic facilities which i consider totally unacceptable.there have been more than enough great vols to have all the highlights and videos one could watch.that alone made me be glad that ship sail without what trouble we would have been in or gotten into.GBO,VFL!!!

USC talented jr and sr >>>>>>>>>>>>>> UT's jr and sr. Oh and that's not a youth excuss. It's a talent issue............. Plus, USC still get beat in the West with that loaded roster so I don't think Kiffin is that great of a coach. So in my opinion if you think he's better than Dooley then you should just say Dooley is terrible and not bring up Kiffin because you will never convince me that Kiffin is a good coach.

To me the coach that UT needs is...STEVE SPURRIER.
Been saying it since Fulmer left...

Bob Stoops > Dooley
Nick Saban > Dooley
Mark Richt > Dooley
Les Miles > Dooley
Urban "Puss" Meyer > Dooley

What do they all have in common?...they don't want to be at UT either. What is the point of arguing?

Lex, IYO, Do you think coaches look at more than money when they take a coaching gig?

The reason I ask, is some people think you can throw out ridiculous numbers and every top coach will jump

What do you think?

Your opinion is valued

sigh Kiffin was the national leader in recruiting convenience store stickup artists. UT would be 10-2 east division champs with half the defense in jail.

Agreed. Here is the problem. Kiffin didn't want to be here. If the administration had done something to chase him off....it would be worth discussing. As it stands, it is not relevant to this program.

Kiffins wife is hot:dance:

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

You know what? Historically fulmer>>>>>>>>>>kiffin but nobody wants him back either

Getting a coach is similar to recruiting.

You have a group of coaches out there that make good money and have a good job. Pulling these guys to UT is uphill and a tough sled. In some cases just not gonna happen.

You also have some good coaches out there that may have a good job but not being paid what the top shelf gets. UT can fill that void.

Or you can have a good coach, at a bad destination that doesn't pay well. UT can fill both voids here.

UT can sell a good job that pays top shelf. Its just harder to sell a guy that already has both.

Lex, IYO, Do you think coaches look at more than money when they take a coaching gig?

The reason I ask, is some people think you can throw out ridiculous numbers and every top coach will jump

What do you think?

Your opinion is valued

Muschamp was at the table at UT...jumped at the Florida job. We are kidding ourselves if we don't think our boosters threw some legitimate duckets around when Kiffin left. Nobody wanted the job.

I think coaches want to be successful, but money isn't all they consider.

No amount of money could have kept Kiffin here. He hated everything about UT, most notably the entire athletic department.

All that being said, UT may have lured a coach for ridiculous money, but I don't know if it was the time or the place. Historically, our boosters have been bargain hunters. Johnny Majors is probably the biggest fish they have ever hired. FWIW Fulmer was a bargain hunt as well.

some body name me a cant miss coach. Im not sure there is such a thing.Best hope
is to catch lightining in a bottle..

Please tell me what those 8-10 wins would've been. This is an absurd post.

Kiffin = Sexy
Dooley = Homely

Kiffin gone and will never return. But the good news is...there is a lot of sexy out there. Who can name another sexy coach for us? Shout it out!

sigh Kiffin was the national leader in recruiting convenience store stickup artists. UT would be 10-2 east division champs with half the defense in jail.

After losing to Kentucky.......I guess I am ok with having half the defense in jail

VN Store

Back