Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

Nothing could have kept him here.

Exactly.. Hamilton even said that he specifically asked Kiffin about $$$ and he replied that it didn't matter.. SC was his dream job - NOTHING was going to keep him from going there.

I miss Lane. Wish we could identify another one out there like him and put a $10 million buyout in the contract for him to leave.

Jack Del Rio anyone? He got canned this morning.

I agree 100% and about the NCAA stuff if kiffin did so much wrong then why isn't he in trouble with them? Why aren't we on probation?

Reactions: 2 people
If we could clone Kiffins on the field intensity with Dooleys ability to run a clean program..... we would have ourself a coach that would get the job done..just my .02

As much as people hate it, football is a business now, loyalty be damned. Do not think for one second that any given coach would not leave at a moments notice to a higher bidder. That is the nature of the beast we have all helped to create.

You know...if Hamilton had the vision, he should have told Lane...hey don't leave here, we'll give you an extra $2.5 mil...problem solved.

I disagree.. Kiffin would have taken the USC job no matter how much Hamilton would have paid him.. imo

KIFFY BOY never had to coach a team with this lack of talent, except maybe Oakland and that didnt go to well. So not sure you could say for sure he would of done better except he would of still had a few of his playas here

As much as people hate it, football is a business now, loyalty be damned. Do not think for one second that any given coach would not leave at a moments notice to a higher bidder. That is the nature of the beast we have all helped to create.

Yep

Look at Edsall at Maryland

After one year, Maryland is considering firing him

Thats insane

KIFFY BOY never had to coach a team with this lack of talent, except maybe Oakland and that didnt go to well. So not sure you could say for sure he would of done better except he would of still had a few of his playas here

Kiffin sure got more out of a pieced together offensive line with undersized walk ons and very little experience at all. I am sure Hardesty was glad he had Kiffin here his senior year or he would have never got drafted.

His loyalty was never with Tennessee, it was always with USC. Why people are so shocked that a coach would leave a team when his dream job came knocking is beyond me. It was unfortunate for us, but most people here would do the same thing if they were leaving for UT.

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

If you think kiffin would've won 8-10 games with Bray, hunter, Jackson, and lathers missing all or parts of the year then you are crazy. He may be the better coach his win over Oregon was a nice win. But lets not forget he had awful losses to teams like ole miss, auburn, and especially UCLA. Then he got embarrassed in a bowl. This was with one of the best ever dbs at ut, a first round dt, a very good wr corps, a very good te, an NFL RB, and most importantly leadership by seniors and Eric Berry.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

IIRC, Kiffin said his 2 and 3rd year would be rough. During the press conference where he was announced as HC he said he could`nt make promises about wins and "we will be good when we get good". So I think he even knew this was a sinking ship. And with the injuries we had this year there is no way we would have 8 to 10 wins.

Kiffin sure got more out of a pieced together offensive line with undersized walk ons and very little experience at all. I am sure Hardesty was glad he had Kiffin here his senior year or he would have never got drafted.

Hardesty made the line look better than it was. Great backs can do that

And one other thing, at worst Dooley wins 9 games with USC this year. Their schedule outside of Oregon and Stanford consisted of cupcakes. Even in those two games they had arguably the most talent.

So other than Kentucky, which games would he have won given the players we had?

And one other thing, at worst Dooley wins 9 games with USC this year. Their schedule outside of Oregon and Stanford consisted of cupcakes. Even in those two games they had arguably the most talent.

Minnesota and UK are comparable. Minnesota even got to use a real QB!

when he got/stayed healthy and found a staff that remembered he existed. He was never a scrub

So just being able to remember he was on the bench turned him into a 1200 yard guy?

After showing no vision or patience for 3 years as a back, the light suddenly came on?

So just being able to remember he was on the bench turned him into a 1200 yard guy?

After showing no vision or patience for 3 years as a back, the light suddenly came on?

he showed flashes but was never the go-to back until that year. Would you attribute a guy like Travis Stephens coming up for one great season all to coaching?

VN Store

Back