Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

Everyone knew he was a very good RB as long as he was healthy. Gran did a good job that's for sure though.

Finally someone will give a little credit where credit is due.

Once Hardesty had a real RB coach and not one of Cut's ball boys coaching him, look what happened.

Where is the RB coach on the current staff?

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

Well, he's not, so why does this keep coming up? People talk about his potential like he was fired. He left. Essentially in the middle of the night. He did not want to be here, nor is he coming back. I'm sorry, but these are the facts.

The sooner people let go of Kiffin, and what he did while he was here (good/bad), and what might have been (good/bad) the better off we will all be.

People still talk about him like folks talk about failed relationships. Please just let it go.

He didn't want to be here. He took an OWS dump on the Hill. He will win at USC. Can't we just bury this thread now?

For all you guys *****ing about UTs celebration over the Vandy win, I remember Kiffin jumping up and down on the sideline over beating Vandy.

Then getting lucky at Kentucky and winning in overtime

Lot of double standards on Volnation

he showed flashes but was never the go-to back until that year. Would you attribute a guy like Travis Stephens coming up for one great season all to coaching?

It would be asinine to think coaching didn't play a large part in Stephens' one great season here. At worst, the coaches were smart enough to RS and let Henry and Lewis finish up here.

Talent has to be there and coaching has to get everything out of them.

The kiffster wasn't bad at gameday coaching. He did get us to a bowl game...barely....and lost. If you just defined the job of head coach by what happens on the field he'd get a passing grade. There is alot more duties of a head coach. Especially the head coach representing the Universityof Tennessee. Overall he was a complete and utter failure.

Even if Dooley had barely beat UK he would've been destroyed on this board. Many people forget joker just randomly abandoned the wildcat vs. us in 09 when Cobb was running it down our throats. You would've saw another wr at qb beat us had joker not been a moron.

For all you guys *****ing about UTs celebration over the Vandy win, I remember Kiffin jumping up and down on the sideline over beating Vandy.

Unfortunately this is one of those streaks that would have been better of ending on one of the many other occasions when it just about did (prior to this year). Like that year, for example.

Even if Dooley had barely beat UK he would've been destroyed on this board. Many people forget joker just randomly abandoned the wildcat vs. us in 09 when Cobb was running it down our throats. You would've saw another wr at qb beat us had joker not been a moron.

Or the 20 point comeback with Ainge at the helm in Fulmer's last winning season.

Agreed. Here is the problem. Kiffin didn't want to be here. If the administration had done something to chase him off....it would be worth discussing. As it stands, it is not relevant to this program.

This +1,000,000,000

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

Truth hurts some here.

Prepare for a beating.

True that Count, I know its a cliche and all but its more about the Jimmys and Joes than the xs and os.

It would be asinine to think coaching didn't play a large part in Stephens' one great season here. At worst, the coaches were smart enough to RS and let Henry and Lewis finish up here.

Talent has to be there and coaching has to get everything out of them.

so the staff should have coached up TS earlier? Of course knowing you're going to be the feature back had nothing to do with either player's mental approach. Also the comments Kiff's staff made about MH when they arrived show they knew he was special already

OK...we might as well list all the programs that have better coaches than UT as well:
Bama, LSU, South Carolina etc. etc. etc

What actually sold me on Kiffin (at the time) was not Hardesty, but the development of Crompton.

People still love to occasionally dog on him, but the kid was a heck of a qb for a good part of his senior season, and ended up throwing 28 TDs to 11 or 12 picks for the year- and he played well enough to keep us within striking distance of the #1 team in the nation.

so the staff should have coached up TS earlier? Of course knowing you're going to be the feature back had nothing to do with either player's mental approach. Also the comments Kiff's staff made about MH when they arrived show they knew he was special already

No, the staff had two future NFL Pro Bowl RBs and a runt. They let him grow into a being a starter.

Recognizing Hardesty as being special is something that was never done by anyone until they got here. Hardesty was left to rot on the bench in favor of a diva and a freshman. Look what happened when he got a chance.

Kiffin would've looked for a way to get Bryce brown starting if hardesty had been an average back.

Kiffin won how many games here! That's right 7 and then got his tail handed to him in the bowl game. Yeah he is a world beater. He left because he knew the Pac-whatever would be easier stomping grounds than the SEC. Don't start either with what he has done this year, because compare our roster to theirs and it is easy to see why he has won there. Don't remember seeing LSU, ALA, FL, SC, GA, ARK on his schedule. Is he a good coach I think so, if you say he could have won 8 to 10 games with our roster against our schedule. As Lee would say, "Not so fast my friend"

What actually sold me on Kiffin (at the time) was not Hardesty, but the development of Crompton.

People still love to occasionally dog on him, but the kid was a heck of a qb for a good part of his senior season, and ended up throwing 28 TDs to 11 or 12 picks for the year- and he played well enough to keep us within striking distance of the #1 team in the nation.

Yes. What an amazing job Kiffin did (all by himself) into developing Crompton into an effective NFL practice squad player, twice cut, excellent slimmy beard-growing, wearer of NFL sideline apparrel.

I do get to see him standing behind Shanahan about two times each Sunday. Thanks, Lane!

Good lord I am sick of this stuff.

Some of you guys are ridiculous!! KIFFIN DIDN’T WANT TO BE HERE… It doesn’t matter how good of a coach he is, he DIDN’T WANT TO BE AT TENNESSEE. You can compare all that you want, but it doesn’t matter. Dooley is our coach. Some of you need to decide whether you want to be a Tennessee fan or a Kiffin fan. And if Kiffin is your choice then GTFO.

Kiffin would have made UT great with his recruiting and coaching staff. I wish he would have stayed. Unfortunatly the USC job opened up sooner than we thought. Cant blame the man for going really to his dream job.

I agree with the OP. Further, I am still smarting about John Gruden leaving here back in 84 or thereabouts. I mean, why would he leave? Why would he do this to us? I still haven't forgiven him. And yes, he would and did win a Super Bowl before TN did.

Bob Stoops > Dooley
Nick Saban > Dooley
Mark Richt > Dooley
Les Miles > Dooley
Urban "Puss" Meyer > Dooley

What do they all have in common?...they don't want to be at UT either. What is the point of arguing?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back