Khalid Henderson Commits to TN

Great! Is he walking on?

i agree. we are going to take beatings in the years to come. 6 sec teams in front of us loading up with the best players in the country, while dooley is in the back of the pack. don't see how we can fight our way back to the top with dooley as coach.

You're living in a dream world. Make 2 lists and compare. On one list name all the great players we've had that were rated low and with the other list name the great players we've had that were highly rated. Then tell me what you think.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok, I think you go 5-7 in 2005 and 4-8 in 2008.

Can you answer this since Rivals hasn't evaluated him yet... if they give him a 4 star by the end of the recruiting cycle, will you think he is good then?

I never said THIS kid was or wasn't good. I laugh at people who jump and go nuts over a kid rated low and call the services stupid yet if we sign a 5 star they orgasm in their panties.

The services are right a lot more than they are wrong and they're getting better each year.

I agree with that statement. I still keep up with them but it is a numbers game. Lots 3* athletes out there and many of them have more capability than that rating.

I never said THIS kid was or wasn't good. I laugh at people who jump and go nuts over a kid rated low and call the services stupid yet if we sign a 5 star they orgasm in their panties.

Drink a lil drink, smoke a lil smoke

So your goal is to piss on peoples parade and try to set them straight? Have fun with that.

And 13-0 in 98. Or you could see how bammer has done the past few years.

Nobody is arguing that most of the top rated kids aren't targeted by major programs but not all of them pan out and you don't offer every single kid just because they have 4 stars next to their name.

As previously pointed out, what did Mitch Mustain and Vidal Hazelton do? They were the top rated QB and WR according to scout. Mustain got passed over and benched on two different teams. Hazleton only had one season with more than 6 catches in 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Boise State's average recruiting class is like 80th. If they can beat top teams once or twice a year with those guys, Wilcox should manage to win with a few lower rated guys sprinkled in a top 25 class. Plus, he may receive more offers throughout his senior season. Too early to write him off based on his offer list.

Just glad to pick up another recruit. If Dooley and Co. like him, I like him.

At some point, we all have to figure our coach is our coach, and we have to figure he knows what he is doing, selling etc..Since he is our coach, lets support his decisions and have faith he will succeed. To constantly harrang, criticize every decision he and his staff makes, is redundant....I say get your heart in the vols and this program, or get your a** out.....simple....:salute:

At some point, we all have to figure our coach is our coach, and we have to figure he knows what he is doing, selling etc..Since he is our coach, lets support his decisions and have faith he will succeed. To constantly harrang, criticize every decision he and his staff makes, is redundant....I saw get your heart in the vols and this program, or get your a** out.....simple....:salute:

makes no sense at all. First sentence is blatantly wrong and the last smacks of true fan silliness.

So your goal is to piss on peoples parade and try to set them straight? Have fun with that.

Yes, that's right. Actually I like making fun of goobs who think class ratings don't mean anything. When it's very easy to see that they do. Look at the past 10 national champs and see how their classes were rated.
This kid maybe great and I hope he is and I wasn't knocking him. I'm laughing at goobs who are blinded to reality.

Didn't we just sign a 5* DJ last year. Waste of a scholly, imo. He'll never see the booth.

Nobody is arguing that most of the top rated kids aren't targeted by major programs but not all of them pan out and you don't offer every single kid just because they have 4 stars next to their name.

As previously pointed out, what did Mitch Mustain and Vidal Hazelton do? They were the top rated QB and WR according to scout. Mustain got passed over and benched on two different teams. Hazleton only had one season with more than 6 catches in 4 seasons.

Unless I'm remembering wrong Tebow was highly rated as well. And I never said anything about the high rated kids being a can't miss. But more often than not high rated kids do well.

At some point, we all have to figure our coach is our coach, and we have to figure he knows what he is doing, selling etc..Since he is our coach, lets support his decisions and have faith he will succeed. To constantly harrang, criticize every decision he and his staff makes, is redundant....I say get your heart in the vols and this program, or get your a** out.....simple....:salute:

You're right. Freak should shut this site down because we don't even need to discuss our point of view. If they're our coach we should just take it and like it. Who do we think we are having an opinion.

Unless I'm remembering wrong Tebow was highly rated as well. And I never said anything about the high rated kids being a can't miss. But more often than not high rated kids do well.

While there is certainly all manner of insanity here (both believing stars are everything and stars are nothing), we do have alternatives other than just blindly following the coaches. We know that having higher ranked classes has historically been a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for winning championships. We also know that sometimes lower ranked players pan out (and higher ranked players don't) and that our coaches are paid to find the ones that will (and avoid the ones that won't).

So the proper class should contain enough well-recognized talent to be ranked highly and a couple lower-ranked players who impress the coaches. That is to say, if we take nothing but 2 and 3 stars, it's a problem. Similarly, if we only offer 4 and 5 stars, it's a problem, because it's evidence that our coaches aren't doing their own evaluation. But if we take a couple 2 and 3 stars and a lot of higher ranked players, we should trust that our coaches are doing their jobs in evaluation unless presented with evidence that their evaluation is poor.

My money is on the coaching staff being right. Not a bunch of "goobs" who don't know jack. Opinions are like ********. Everybody has one.

The coaching staff will live and die by wins and loses. If they don't get good players they will be gone. That is why my money is on their judgment and not the armchair QBs.

While there is certainly all manner of insanity here (both believing stars are everything and stars are nothing), we do have alternatives other than just blindly following the coaches. We know that having higher ranked classes has historically been a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for winning championships. We also know that sometimes lower ranked players pan out (and higher ranked players don't) and that our coaches are paid to find the ones that will (and avoid the ones that won't).

So the proper class should contain enough well-recognized talent to be ranked highly and a couple lower-ranked players who impress the coaches. That is to say, if we take nothing but 2 and 3 stars, it's a problem. Similarly, if we only offer 4 and 5 stars, it's a problem, because it's evidence that our coaches aren't doing their own evaluation. But if we take a couple 2 and 3 stars and a lot of higher ranked players, we should trust that our coaches are doing their jobs in evaluation unless presented with evidence that their evaluation is poor.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!

He takes good angles. Seems like a smart player (from the video). Sheds blocks pretty well. Not an explosive tackler, but doesn't let the player get by him.

Seems like a good pickup. He's in the GA 5A class, so he's not playing scrubs.

VN Store

Back