Kentucky Basketball

i predict another UK #1 recruiting class will underachieve yet again.

I agree. I think Tennessee will win the conference. I watched Kentucky the other night and was not impressed. No leadership, no defense and the guys looked a little lost out there.

I agree. I think Tennessee will win the conference. I watched Kentucky the other night and was not impressed. No leadership, no defense and the guys looked a little lost out there.
It was the first game of most of their career's. I wouldn't get too confident yet

They'll be completely different by the time UT faces them. That is what makes this team so scary.

Tennessee is going to win it this year. They have the best front court in the league with Stokes and Maymon and the best player in the conference with McCrae. Hubbs is a nice addition and will probably be one of the top three freshman in the league. Tennessee also has experience.

Kentucky has a lot of talent. It is unproven and you really don't know if it will come together. They are a mystery.

That's a pretty lofty prediction.

McCrae might put up impressive stats but I don't think he'll be the best player. Certainly first team sec but better than Randle? We'll see.

Similarly, Maymon/Stokes over Johnson/WCS? I agree UT has an edge, but it's very small if any.

Hubbs won't be top 3 freshmen IMO. Even outside of UK there's a couple good ones like Hill and Martin around the league. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Randle would be this years AD if he weren't in the same class as Lebron Jr.

He'll dominate all year. He should be a 15/10 guy nearly every night.

There was only one Anthony Davis. I watched him grow up through the year and kept thinking he was too young to be that good. Randle has a long way to go.

That year was wild. MKG defended like a maniac. Doron Lamb shot lights out. Terrence Jones was a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Teague made me throw things...

Darius Miller could run for Governor once his time in the league is up.

There was only one Anthony Davis. I watched him grow up through the year and kept thinking he was too young to be that good. Randle has a long way to go.

I didn't mean how he played or the type of player he is/ will be.

AD came into the year as the number 1 player. Randle would be the same if Lebron Jr wasn't the same year.

You can't base your opinion on an exhibition with Cal experimenting with roles. In 10 games, you might say that, but it's too early to tell.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't base your opinion on an exhibition with Cal experimenting with roles. In 10 games, you might say that, but it's too early to tell.

I was disappointed to see some players get so few minutes. Hopefully he can get it to where everyone in the solid 7-8 rotation can earn consistent minutes.

I was disappointed to see some players get so few minutes. Hopefully he can get it to where everyone in the solid 7-8 rotation can earn consistent minutes.

I bet we'll see Cal go 10 deep regularly. He wants a high-speed, full throttle team this year. You gotta go deeper if you want to play that style.

Tennessee is going to win it this year. They have the best front court in the league with Stokes and Maymon and the best player in the conference with McCrae. Hubbs is a nice addition and will probably be one of the top three freshman in the league. Tennessee also has experience.

Kentucky has a lot of talent. It is unproven and you really don't know if it will come together. They are a mystery.

I'm not sure I agree with that. LSU and Florida both have better front courts I think.

The cards are better right now but kentucky as the potential to be the best team in America. We'll see.

Can honestly say this: I recuhnize the skillz of all these kentucky players, but I haven't paid a lot of attention to who will fit where with all those Kentucky cats.

Who will the starting five be, and what are their strengths/weaknesses?

Andrew Harrison
?Other harrison?
Poythress
Randle
CauleyStein

Could be wrong on those. Let me know.

I think that is the starting lineup I would like to see.

Andrew will run point.
Aaron will be SG. He should draw mismatches with his height. Can shoot and drive well.
Poythress/Randle - Big guys who can put the ball on the floor and still be physical enough to rebound and defend.
WCS - Defender and energy guy. I'm still questioning him offensively but he's a good player when he's focused.

And then of course you have Lee, Young and Johnson as the main role players. Lee is a like a shorter WCS (athletic freak). Young is a shooter but can drive it and has shown great hands on defense. Johnson is just a man down low. If he started he'd be a walking double-double.

Seems like Johnson could push WCS for playing time once he gets going.

Just a terrifying roster.

Seems like Johnson could push WCS for playing time once he gets going.

Just a terrifying roster.

The line-up is ridiculous.

If you played the Harrisons, Randle, WCS, and Johnson then everyone is 6'6 or taller. Combine that with the athleticism of some of these players and it's downright scary what this team can do.

I was surprised they got overlooked by most polls. They have a great group of young players.

I agree. I was looking at some of the SEC's schedules and noticed LSU will have a chance to make some noise against Memphis later in the month (Assuming they take care of Siena)

I personally would love it. It pisses me off that you all have that Home/Home with UNC and we don't. If have I one criticism about K, it's that we don't play many road games. I think that a Cameron/Rupp series would be great for a sport that needs all the help it can get right now. BTW I hope you guys dominate the Heels in about a month.

Cya in 2015 :)

VN Store

Back