Kentucky Basketball

Hmmm stupid vol fans making predetermined and weak statements.

i bet we make cal sweat a time or two or three with your talented but inexperienced team in rupp.book it.you can't build a team with 1 and dones.it doesn't work all the time.maybe once every 15 or 20 years.thats why i think louisville michigan st. and duke will fair so much better than uk.but if they are mature and not selfish kentucky could have a great season.and i think tennessee will give you guys fits.

I don't hate Cal. I actually like him.

But he has no veteran leadership on this year's team. UK may make an Elite 8, but I think a team full of freshman and sophomores (who have never played in an NCAA game) can string together to 4-6 flawless games needed to make the third weekend or win a title.

We actually have 2 seniors who will contribute materially this year.

Kentucky will be very good but I think Louisville wins Back to Back championships under Pitino.

i agree.louisville has a fine looking team.i hope to see kevin ware on the floor for the cardinals this year.maybe some can step up in the absence of that power forward they lost.shane.forgot his last name.

You can build a team with young players...Yes it is hard, but obviously it's working.

I wouldn't call a NIT loss, an Elite 8, a Final 4, and national championship a bad record over the last four years. Last year was a fluke anyway. We lost our best player. Yes, we struggled with him anyway, but no way the year is that bad with him.

Sadly this team is saddled with unrealistic expectations so nothing short of a NC would satisfy the critics and fans. For me, an elite 8 is the minimum.

And yes, we have seniors that can contribute. Hood and Polson should get a few minutes every game (not garbage time). Polson has especially shown improvement.

If you don't know, then perhaps you shouldn't make blanket statements as you did.

No, I want you to say their names. Go ahead.

Tell us all that walk-on Jared Polson and uber-bust Jon Hood (Sr., has played a grand total of 378 minutes over his career, all mop-up duty) are your "seniors who will contribute materially" this year.

SAY IT!

Your 2012 team lost to Robert Morris in the NIT, bruh.

2011 you started two juniors and a senior.

2010 you started a junior and only made the E8.

2009-2010 Elite 8: 3 Freshmen, 1 Soph. and 1 Junior.
2010-2011 Final 4: 3 Freshmen, 1 Junior and 1 Senior (First year playing a lot for the senior).
2011-2012 NC Win: 3 Freshmen, 2 Soph.
2012-2013 NIT: 3 Freshmen (WCS not Noel), 1 New Soph., 1 new Sr.
2013-2014 ???: Probably all Freshmen and Sophs. If Polson/Hood step up then it mirrors the 2012 lineup a lot.

No, I want you to say their names. Go ahead.

Tell us all that walk-on Jared Polson and uber-bust Jon Hood (Sr., has played a grand total of 378 minutes over his career, all mop-up duty) are your "seniors who will contribute materially" this year.

SAY IT!

If you've even watched a minute of UK basketball over the last 4 years you would see that Polson has improved dramatically. He'll get minutes at PG this year when the Harrisons need a break.

Hood has been overshadowed by the recruits. He's a good player, gone through injuries, and true...he's not played well over his career. I wouldn't expect a lot from him. But to call him a bust is a little much. At most other schools he would have gotten a lot more minutes and playing time to develop. He just hasn't gotten a chance here. I'm surprised he never transferred.

If you've even watched a minute of UK basketball over the last 4 years you would see that Polson has improved dramatically. He'll get minutes at PG this year when the Harrisons need a break.

Hood has been overshadowed by the recruits. He's a good player, gone through injuries, and true...he's not played well over his career. I wouldn't expect a lot from him. But to call him a bust is a little much. At most other schools he would have gotten a lot more minutes and playing time to develop. He just hasn't gotten a chance here. I'm surprised he never transferred.

Whether he has improved or not is irrelevant, he's not going to play a minute of non-garbage time this season, nor will Hood. Cal has his usual 7-8 man rotation set by December and these two won't be a part of it.

Andrew Harrison was hurt for UK's scrimmage, did Polson start in his place? No, Cal would rather run Aaron Harrison who's not a natural PG than run Polson.

now.why did cal let that big man the cats had transfer to gonzaga.i thought he could shoot good from outside.

Cal "let him transfer"? Is Cal going to hold a gun to a kid's head and make him stay? Down the stretch last year, it was proven that Wiltjer needed open looks to knock it down. Without a PG who could penetrate and dish, he floundered trying to create a shot. And don't get me started on his defense. If Wiltjer wasn't happy, he should have transferred- and kudos to Cal for cheerleading him all the way.

Whether he has improved or not is irrelevant, he's not going to play a minute of non-garbage time this season, nor will Hood. Cal has his usual 7-8 man rotation set by December and these two won't be a part of it.

Andrew Harrison was hurt for UK's scrimmage, did Polson start in his place? No, Cal would rather run Aaron Harrison who's not a natural PG than run Polson.

Actually, Polson DID start at PG on Monday. Logged 23-ish minutes at the spot. Is he as good as a Harrison? No way. But he has proven himself a capable backup that UK will need.

We'll see how it goes. Don't forget that leadership is more than just minutes played.

2009-2010 Elite 8: 3 Freshmen, 1 Soph. and 1 Junior.
2010-2011 Final 4: 3 Freshmen, 1 Junior and 1 Senior (First year playing a lot for the senior).
2011-2012 NC Win: 3 Freshmen, 2 Soph.
2012-2013 NIT: 3 Freshmen (WCS not Noel), 1 New Soph., 1 new Sr.
2013-2014 ???: Probably all Freshmen and Sophs. If Polson/Hood step up then it mirrors the 2012 lineup a lot.

2012's six-man rotation included a senior with a ton of playing experience. It's just one guy, but it's enough for the rest of us to hope for this thing to go downhill now that Gillispie's players, who were providing the veteran leadership, are gone.

Nice to see ya berry. Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's been a while...

Same as brian said, UT should be good. Hubbs will be interesting to see and obviously the front court looks strong. Ya'll have a good chance at making elite 8 if the draw is good.

And Rick gets a tramp stamp tattoo to commemorate it.

Nice to see you as well. I feel like Elite 8 is a good goal for us as well. Sweet 16 at least. We've got a lot of talent and experience. I expect Hubbs to blow up in conference play. It will take time to adjust to the college game though. About Kentucky, they're loaded with talent obviously that recruiting class was
Stacked, but do you think any of them will be able to have an Anthony Davis type of impact?

2012's six-man rotation included a senior with a ton of playing experience. It's just one guy, but it's enough for the rest of us to hope for this thing to go downhill now that Gillispie's players, who were providing the veteran leadership, are gone.

I'm hoping Polson/Hood can step up like Miller did. But Miller was a proven player and started before. Polson and Hood have never logged any real minutes.

Parallels are there. Hopefully the end result will be the same.

VN Store

Back