Kentucky and south carolina

It'll be tough for us to beat KY.

Sad I'm having to say this with the talent we have at WR and our Defense.

Kentucky will boat race us. They look OUTSTANDING in their second year under head coach Stoops. I wish we looked half as good as they do right now. This season just went down the drain. We suck again!!!! I thought we were better than what we showed today. GUESS WHAT , WE'RE NOT!!!!! DAMN'NIT WE STILL SUCK!

Reactions: 1 person
0o2nLwO.png

Wow! Playing 22 (maybe more after today) true freshman and after 5 games not getting better??? Imagine your first ever D1 college away game being against #4 in Norman, OK. Then going toe-to-toe with #13 in Athens, Georgia in your first ever SEC game. Next you have your first ever college rivalry game in only your third game ever at Neyland Stadium and come up one point short. I would say these kids are growing by leaps and bounds! Yeah, we might end up having a disappointing season by Tennessee standards, but I say the future looks pretty da** bright. We will continue to recruit much needed skill players and depth, and in a very short time, we will be the top tier team in college football. With what I am seeing, I am confident of that. Go Big Orange!

Enough of the excuses! Kentucky's coach is in his second year. His two recruiting classes have been good, but not nearly as highly touted as Jones's two recruiting classes. UK's team is just as young as ours, by all accounts is less talented than ours, and yet Stoops has his team sitting at 4-1 overall and 2-1 in the SEC while we are sitting at 2-3 and 0-2 in the SEC. There is absolutely NO reason why Stoops should have Kentucky further along than Butch has us at this time. None whatsoever. None of the typical explanations explain why this is occurring. Unfortunately, the only explanation is that Mark Stoops is simply a better coach than Butch Jones. I am hope I am wrong and that both Kentucky's start and our start to this season is just a fluke. But right now, I am not feeling enthused about our coaching staff. Enough of the slogans and excuses. Starting winning ball games!

Reactions: 4 people
Enough of the excuses! Kentucky's coach is in his second year. His two recruiting classes have been good, but not nearly as highly touted as Jones's two recruiting classes. UK's team is just as young as ours, by all accounts is less talented than ours, and yet Stoops has his team sitting at 4-1 overall and 2-1 in the SEC while we are sitting at 2-3 and 0-2 in the SEC. There is absolutely NO reason why Stoops should have Kentucky further along than Butch has us at this time. None whatsoever. None of the typical explanations explain why this is occurring. Unfortunately, the only explanation is that Mark Stoops is simply a better coach than Butch Jones. I am hope I am wrong and that both Kentucky's start and our start to this season is just a fluke. But right now, I am not feeling enthused about our coaching staff. Enough of the slogans and excuses. Starting winning ball games!

Who have they played? Different opponents, different outcomes. The only common opponent so far is Florida. And they lost too (similarly Florida got a mysterious no call with a 0 on the play clock and no flag! to help Florida get the win). South Caroline isn't a consistent football team, they look great one week and suck the next. We'll see where the programs are when we play them in Knoxville. Their other SEC win came against hapless Vandy (which I think we'll beat too), I'm not sold on UK. They also aren't playing 22 Freshmen. I don't care how talented you are and how many 5 star recruits, freshmen football players will play like freshmen. We really shouldn't "expect" wins at this point. Anyone who was predicting anything beyond a 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 season should lower their expectations. We play much tougher opponents then even some teams in the SEC. I actually think we are literally 2-3 plays away from 4-1Â…but we haven't arrived yet because to be a contender you have to be able to execute those plays and not make mistakes (outside the obvious bad calls by officials).

However I do agree that the wins need to come sooner then later to keep this fan base happy. We aren't UK that can lose year in and year out and be content. Their fans are content because they have basketball season to look forward to ANY win is cause of celebration at UK.

I actually think Butch has each game this season put us in favorable situations to win, but execution has hurt us majorly even with a very shaky O-Line. The difference between this game and last years South Carolina win was North's catch. In fact Pig Howard had an amazing catch on 4th to keep us alive. Worley then threw an interception, which was not a good throw, the very next play. The play call seemed fine to me, take a shot to get into field goal rangeÂ…all we need was one more field goal and we win the game, just like USCjr. While there's always improvement in scheme and calls on the field (I admit that some calls have been questionable/Worely and the "read option."), playing monday morning (or saturday night) QB has the luxury of retrospect. I don't have as many issues with the play calls as some others on here cause most second guessing are taken out of context without inside knowledge. Fans are not the objective observers they think they are.

Reactions: 4 people
Naw

Just better coached. We have 4* stars all in our line and the #1 juco olineman on the bench

They have an oline compiled of 2 and 3 star players

All 4 stars on the O-line?

Kerbyson = 3*
Crowder = 3 *
Roberson = 3*
Thomas = 4*
Jackson = 4*

17/5 = 3.4*

Not that it matters.

This thread is a beautiful illustration of what's wrong with our society. Who gives 2 baker &&&&& what KY is doing. We need to worry about our own team. Two years ago we are getting destroyed by every SEC team, and now there isn't a game we can't win with the defense we now have. S*** happens. It's football. It's why you play the game. The bashing of CBJ is ridicules. I wonder how you DAs would feel if he up and left for Michigan at years end? Who are you going to hire that's better? What OC you want to go after? You want to go back to power running??? Hey, I'll be honest I think power football is the way to go, but you better realize that we don't even have a FB on our roster nor an o-line that can run block between the a and b gaps. We are in a state of transformation.

walter-laugh.png

Also, let me remind all of you people bashing CBJ that we are only two years removed from having the worst defense in school history; now look at our defense. When you start panicking and firing coaches other coaches jump ship. If we lost Coach Thing, Coach Z, and Coach Gillespie then you guys better be ready for bad days ahead, but WTF do you think a new OC is going to do? He's going to bring in all his guys with him, and when you do that you risk losing a ton of recruits. Coach Z is our recruiting coord. for our entire team. Coach G has landed 2 4* RBs and a 5* RB in 1 and 1/2 years here. WTF more do you ding-a-lings want? The winning will come when CBJ gets fully rid of the cognitve posion Dooley has implanted in the brains of our players. We don't know how to win because our o-line played for a buffoon who didn't even check to see if they where working out regularly, and you guys wonder why our o-line looks like it does.

Last edited:
Naw

Just better coached. We have 4* stars all in our line and the #1 juco olineman on the bench

They have an oline compiled of 2 and 3 star players

Why does everyone say this? Who ranked Blair as the #1 Juco linemen? I know he was ranked high but Juco offensive linemen are a crap shoot to begin with.

Stoops has a better OC, OL and QB then we do.

UK won 2 games last year. You can't tell me that they are returning a good OL. Their current success is due strictly to coaching, and seemingly, our lack of success is also due to coaching.

VN Store

Back