Kentucky and south carolina

Is the UK oline better than the UT oline, we did not recruit any of their players? They had receivers running wide open all over the field last week while ours were covered all day. Worley had the same amount of time to throw as last week but no one was open. Lets face it, the offense we are using is easy to defend.
Our personnel doesnt fit our scheme. A good OC runs a offense that fits his players strengths

Recruiting has improved. On field results have not.

They haven't? Our defense isn't light years ahead of last year? Our kicking game hasn't improved? Our special teams coverage hasn't improved? Our team speed hasn't improved? I could going but I won't the wolves smell blood on this board.

Reactions: 1 person
Those damn true freshmen and all new o line. Crazy excuses.

I hate dumb.

I know they're young. But they're not improving even slightly. If we had a good OL coach then they would improve at least a little but they're not. I like Butch but Bajakian and Mahoney need to go.

Is the UK oline better than the UT oline, we did not recruit any of their players? They had receivers running wide open all over the field last week while ours were covered all day. Worley had the same amount of time to throw as last week but no one was open. Lets face it, the offense we are using is easy to defend.

I totally agree. I don't know exactly what plays we call, but I swear they all look the same. It's like we have only 10 plays and that's it.

That's great when they actually WORK. But when they don't, you need to tweak.

Watching the USC vs UK game tonight. I feel the Vols will have a good chance against both these teams. At this point our games come down to DL vs OL match ups and the last 3 games we have severely overmatched talent and seniority wise.

1. Neither USC or UK have the DL studs that our young OL has had to face recently. They still have good DL and will make a few plays but not game changing like the last 3 I hope.

2. Neither of these teams has a defense that is very impressive. USC def is a sive and UK def actually gave up points to Driskell and UF. Vols Def is much better than both.

Here is t Worley having more time in the pocket to find our WR and our Def keeping us in it.

Reactions: 2 people
Saying this program has not improved is just middle school aged foolishness.

The D may look a little faster but other than that nothing has changed. We had a close battle with GA and lost twice and same story with Fla. Twice. We have had what 1 sec win a year for 3 years and look on par for that again

Last edited:
We were getting better but today was huge stepback

No it wasn't. It was one game. The team is what it was all along. A young team with serious issues up front on offense. A program whose hope,is in the future recruiting classes. Those things haven't changed.

I know they're young. But they're not improving even slightly. If we had a good OL coach then they would improve at least a little but they're not. I like Butch but Bajakian and Mahoney need to go.

No Robertson and Thomas are young. Kerbyson, Jackson, and Crowder are 4th year players who have been in a college strength program for 4 years. They have no excuse to play that bad

No it wasn't. It was one game. The team is what it was all along. A young team with serious issues up front on offense. A program whose hope,is in the future recruiting classes. Those things haven't changed.

If you dont question the coaching after today then idk what to tell you. Im sure you said this same stuff about Sal and Dooley. I believe in Butch but not his supporting cast

The D may look a little faster but other than that nothing has changed. We had a close battle with GA and lost twice and same story with Fla. Twice. We have had what 1 sec win a year for 3 years and look on par for that again

And we beat a top 10 team and HOF coach last year.

That happened when, previous to last year?

The more I watch KY play, their offense is just QUICKER. QB gets the ball out FAST. I don't understand why TN can't do that.

No Robertson and Thomas are young. Kerbyson, Jackson, and Crowder are 4th year players who have been in a college strength program for 4 years. They have no excuse to play that bad

They have forgot how to win

Must be still stinky from no shower discipline

understandable?

It was a bad loss but we were young in a harsh environment. Plus we all knew UGA was the better team as a whole. Today though was a joke. Lost to the backup QB, at home, in pathetic fashion. We forced several turnovers and got 9 points. Inexcusable

It's really about the length of time some our plays develop to get our guys open. When we screen and do slants, it works but the ball naturally has to come out a bit quicker.

It was a bad loss but we were young in a harsh environment. Plus we all knew UGA was the better team as a whole. Today though was a joke. Lost to the backup QB, at home, in pathetic fashion. We forced several turnovers and got 9 points. Inexcusable

I see what your saying but its still the same ol song

That we appear to not be getting much better while everyone else is.

Wow! Playing 22 (maybe more after today) true freshman and after 5 games not getting better??? Imagine your first ever D1 college away game being against #4 in Norman, OK. Then going toe-to-toe with #13 in Athens, Georgia in your first ever SEC game. Next you have your first ever college rivalry game in only your third game ever at Neyland Stadium and come up one point short. I would say these kids are growing by leaps and bounds! Yeah, we might end up having a disappointing season by Tennessee standards, but I say the future looks pretty da** bright. We will continue to recruit much needed skill players and depth, and in a very short time, we will be the top tier team in college football. With what I am seeing, I am confident of that. Go Big Orange!

VN Store

Back