Kenny Brooks To Kentucky

Which sport are we doing? Regardless, hire a coach who’s got a winning process and it’s a very short turnaround time…see UT Vols. I remember declarations that whomever succeeded Butch/Pruitt and Tyndall would need a decade. Ridiculous.
With NIL and the transfer portal, it can be a pretty quick flip.

Reactions: lfvol and butchna
You can read elsewhere that she publicly criticized university minority hiring and people remain angry.
That's a bit of a minimalist telling. According to BOT, it was that she criticized those issues publically after leaving while never once having brought them up to them in her tenure on the board. Everyone is free to interpret the merits, but it's only fair to give full context.

Seems like yesterday that Dawn was hired and now she is the longest tenured WBB coach in the SEC. Every other SEC school has had at least one coaching change since she was hired. Bama's coach is the second longest tenured coach.

That's a pretty rich and disingenuous statement for a coach who literally rebuilt that program, eh?
He is likely leaving because the ACC is a train wreck in the making. Of course, the increase in salary is a huge plus. Some of his players will follow him to Kentucky, but Kiley and Amoore will be drafted next month to the WNBA...both likely to be 1st round picks.

He is likely leaving because the ACC is a train wreck in the making. Of course, the increase in salary is a huge plus. Some of his players will follow him to Kentucky, but Kiley and Amoore will be drafted next month to the WNBA...both likely to be 1st round picks.
Amoore could, and should (I hate to say) go to KY with him. She has another yr. I don't see a super bright future for her in the W. She's smallish and the W is full of good 3 pt shooters.

Amoore could, and should (I hate to say) go to KY with him. She has another yr. I don't see a super bright future for her in the W. She's smallish and the W is full of good 3 pt shooters.
Just saw on ESPN that Georgia Amore has entered the transfer portal so apparently she is staying in college ball another year. Not too hard to figure out where she's going. (Kentucky)

Reactions: Deebowbear
Not much loyalty to schools, athletic programs, or fan bases these days.
back before transfer portal
A Coaching change was gold for get out of jail free
No income tax/or sitting in jail
Play now no waiting for a year to play.
PLAYER players make commitments To a coach/University
Player in ? From Australia I think
So she's more than likely going to go to Kentucky
And play for the coach she's likes
It's a long way from the land down under
So Having a trusted coach
Would make more Sense because her family support
Can not jump in car for a visit

Reactions: jeebie
KB on the importance of having NIL already in place:
A huge voice of reason leave Kentucky and come to Tennessee as coach he gets it. He knows what it is going to take going forward. I hope the coach we get understands the current state of things the way he does.

A huge voice of reason leave Kentucky and come to Tennessee as coach he gets it. He knows what it is going to take going forward. I hope the coach we get understands the current state of things the way he does.
If not, I’m pretty sure DW and the assemblage of coaches on campus can ‘splain it.

If not, I’m pretty sure DW and the assemblage of coaches on campus can ‘splain it.
Cora Hall wrote in the News-Sentinel that Kenny Brooks is now the third-highest paid SEC coach behind Staley and Mulkey. Tennessee needs to match or top Brooks' salary with it's new hire to stay competitive.

Reactions: FanSincethe5th

VN Store

Back