Kenny Brooks To Kentucky

I agree with your sentiment. I think we should go after the Gonzaga women's coach. Highly impressed with her and that team. I hope they upset Texas. Nothing would make me happier.

Lisa Fortier needs to come to Tennessee and not Virginia Tech. If we up the ante she just might consider it.
Oh, so we are ok with wife/husband coaching teams after all?

Might better get use to it, they're everywhere, 3 in the SEC alone at TN, ALA, and Vandy. Also at Gonzaga, Arizona and Washington.

Read that Delisha Milton, former great player, has her hubby as asst at Old Dominion.

This may be one of the most fake issues I've ever seen.

Hiring the sure fire Coach is a crap shoot at best. The system today with NIL, Transfer Portal, et. all is crazy. But you hire someone and quit hanging on the last one who hasnt got the job done. No biggie. If the next one doesnt pan out, you try again until you find one.
Then you have to pay them enuf to stay! Thats it! A good bonafide great hire out of the box is rare today!
Well we are 0-2, we have only had 3 coaches ever. This first one was a grand slam. Bless their hearts her 2 assistants were great players and have proved they are great assistants and great ambassadors to UT. But it is time to go make another top notch hire not folks that are suited to be assistants. GBO

Reactions: Deebowbear
Why should the AD wait til it gets to rock bottom first? They lost 13 games this year with a chance to lose that same amount next year with a tough schedule. And her record against top teams is abysmal.
Name 4 candidates with national championship experience or a final four in the last 4 years

Reactions: Lucy
Oh, so we are ok with wife/husband coaching teams after all?

Might better get use to it, they're everywhere, 3 in the SEC alone at TN, ALA, and Vandy. Also at Gonzaga, Arizona and Washington.

Read that Delisha Milton, former great player, has her hubby as asst at Old Dominion.

This may be one of the most fake issues I've ever seen.
She’s literally Kellie 2.0…. THAT HOW KELLIE GOT HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE a 5th seeded MZ ST 3 conference championships

I swear these people know nothing

Reactions: glv98
Kelly just got extended and made the Tourney, almost upset SC @ SC, and finished with 20+ wins. Nothing is happening ; White is giving Kelly another year (at least) The first time the Lady Vols fail to make the Tourney, or win 1 tourney game, look for a change.
She was extended prior to this year. Another extension absent a change in how it extends the buyout would be an indication he sees WBB as a low priority as some have speculated.

She’s literally Kellie 2.0…. THAT HOW KELLIE GOT HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE a 5th seeded MZ ST 3 conference championships

I swear these people know nothing

There are questions about Fortier's ability to recruit elite players nationally since she hasn't done it at Gonzaga. That said, she is definitely a better in-game coach than Harper. Fortier is good at putting her players in a position to excel (which is not something that Kellie Harper is usually lauded for).

Reactions: Deebowbear
There are questions about Fortier's ability to recruit elite players nationally since she hasn't done it at Gonzaga. That said, she is definitely a better in-game coach than Harper. Fortier is good at putting her players in a position to excel (which is not something that Kellie Harper is usually lauded for).
Don’t want a project. I posted my criteria for a new coach. Bc that’s what the “fan base demands”

Reactions: glv98
Just settle for mediocre I guess

I'm not for settling. I was simply opining on the possibility of Harper getting the AXE. It's NOT happening this year. I would be all for a change, IF that change would (almost ) guarantee results. ALL I did was point out the reasons White isn't changing YET.

Reactions: madtownvol
Kelly just got extended and made the Tourney, almost upset SC @ SC, and finished with 20+ wins. Nothing is happening ; White is giving Kelly another year (at least) The first time the Lady Vols fail to make the Tourney, or win 1 tourney game, look for a change.

Fail to make the tourney? Ha: ridiculous. Who are we now--App State? Our standard should be MUCH higher than that. Harper has shown that she is not to coach to get us back into national contention. That is--and should be--the goal, the prerequisite, and she's not met it.

GREAT hire for Kentucky...he'll recruit well there...Another team for us to start struggling to beat 😩
Hard to recruit when Kentucky women are treated as second class. They play in a gym as small as some Indiana High School arenas.

What about K Lawson? A Tennessee great. She has all the credentials, linked to Pat Summitt and just lead her team to the Sweet 16.

I agree with your sentiment. I think we should go after the Gonzaga women's coach. Highly impressed with her and that team. I hope they upset Texas. Nothing would make me happier.
KJH will get another year at the helm. Her problem is replacing the production of Jackson, finding a point guard, and keeping a healthy Key who played real well the last three games. I hope there is some help in the portal.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
What about K Lawson? A Tennessee great. She has all the credentials, linked to Pat Summitt and just lead her team to the Sweet 16.
I personally think if fans would be patient with her, she could make Tennessee dominate again. I don't know what happened between her & the UT administration, but she's smart, she knows basketball well, can recruit & she can relate well to young players as she was a great player herself. I think she's a young Dawn Staley. Just my 2 cents.

I personally think if fans would be patient with her, she could make Tennessee dominate again. I don't know what happened between her & the UT administration, but she's smart, she knows basketball well, can recruit & she can relate well to young players as she was a great player herself. I think she's a young Dawn Staley. Just my 2 cents.
I was following you until you said can recruit..and young Dawn Staley 🤣

VN Store

Back