Kenny Brooks To Kentucky

Hiring the sure fire Coach is a crap shoot at best. The system today with NIL, Transfer Portal, et. all is crazy. But you hire someone and quit hanging on the last one who hasnt got the job done. No biggie. If the next one doesnt pan out, you try again until you find one.
Then you have to pay them enuf to stay! Thats it! A good bonafide great hire out of the box is rare today!

I would guess one of the more high-profile mid-major coaches like Marquette's Megan Duffy. Could also go more regional with Sean O'Regan from JMU.

Lisa Fortier would be a great hire for Virginia Tech but I doubt that she would leave Gonzaga for the VT job.
Really hard to pull west coast coaches east in general

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Hiring the sure fire Coach is a crap shoot at best. The system today with NIL, Transfer Portal, et. all is crazy. But you hire someone and quit hanging on the last one who hasnt got the job done. No biggie. If the next one doesnt pan out, you try again until you find one.
Then you have to pay them enuf to stay! Thats it! A good bonafide great hire out of the box is rare today!
Hiring fast is really all that matters now in the portal era.. too slow and u set your program back years

I would guess one of the more high-profile mid-major coaches like Marquette's Megan Duffy. Could also go more regional with Sean O'Regan from JMU.

Lisa Fortier would be a great hire for Virginia Tech but I doubt that she would leave Gonzaga for the VT job.
Lisa Fortier needs to come to Tennessee and not Virginia Tech. If we up the ante she just might consider it.

Lisa Fortier needs to come to Tennessee and not Virginia Tech. If we up the ante she just might consider it.

I am not sure. Fortier is a great Xs and Os coach but dropping her into the boiling cauldron of expectations at Tennessee with no familiarity with the SEC would be risky. She has also primarily recruited regionally so there is no way of knowing just how successful she would be getting elite players to sign for her at UT.

Reactions: travis929
Wrong see AM, Mississippi State
Which sport are we doing? Regardless, hire a coach who’s got a winning process and it’s a very short turnaround time…see UT Vols. I remember declarations that whomever succeeded Butch/Pruitt and Tyndall would need a decade. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Deebowbear

Kelly just got extended and made the Tourney, almost upset SC @ SC, and finished with 20+ wins. Nothing is happening ; White is giving Kelly another year (at least) The first time the Lady Vols fail to make the Tourney, or win 1 tourney game, look for a change.

Kelly just got extended and made the Tourney, almost upset SC @ SC, and finished with 20+ wins. Nothing is happening ; White is giving Kelly another year (at least) The first time the Lady Vols fail to make the Tourney, or win 1 tourney game, look for a change.
Just settle for mediocre I guess

SMH

Reactions: Deebowbear

VN Store

Back