Kenny Brooks To Kentucky

I don’t think Tennessee is concerned with winning at the highest level of women’s basketball any longer. Our coach will be Harper for at least a couple of more years .

Reactions: LasVegasBill23
She can… just has suffered in HS recruiting

She’s actually recruited high school pretty well. Had a top 5 kid in the 2023 class and 2 in the top 20 (one in top 10) in the 2024 class. Keeping them there and improving are the next steps. Also they need some posts.

Reactions: VolFuture
She’s actually recruited high school pretty well. Had a top 5 kid in the 2023 class and 2 in the top 20 (one in top 10) in the 2024 class. Keeping them there and improving are the next steps. Also they need some posts.
Yeah they just haven’t stayed.. you aren’t wrong

Tbh people’s perspective is wild with how
Fast the landscape has changed with nil portal and Covid the last 5 years

Last edited:
Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
I agree with your sentiment. I think we should go after the Gonzaga women's coach. Highly impressed with her and that team. I hope they upset Texas. Nothing would make me happier.
Wouldn't Tennessee hiring her make you happier?

Hard to recruit when Kentucky women are treated as second class. They play in a gym as small as some Indiana High School arenas.
They will actually play in a newly renovated Memorial which will not be shabby at all nor small.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01

Who are the two in the top 20? I just saw Boyd listed at No. 35 on HoopGurlz.

Who's the other?

They will actually play in a newly renovated Memorial which will not be shabby at all nor small.
If they actually give Brooks resources, he’ll build them to the point they’re too big for Memorial.

Just let them play in Rupp, I don’t see what it could hurt.

I remember when Candace Parker played here and they moved our game in Lexington to Rupp for that one game because of demand. (They beat us too.)

I'd like to see KJH back in the state of NC. Raleigh-Durham is chock full of basketball in the way that Knoxville just isn't, and her an Jon really come across as "basketball" people.

As for TN, maybe one of the Oregon coaches.
Rueck's had the better record of late - it's interesting that Or State seems to have stayed out of the portal and transfer merry-go-round that has been going on.
Graves - he can coach WNBA talent but, like Kellie, you can't coach a Kea if you never get the shot. You been to Oregon? Not his damn fault the state is so white. (No offense, I think we have two white Sarah's in the SEC who could "shock the world" next season.)

imo, a huge piece is who can build, maintain, and tweak a coaching staff over time (no head coach gets to freely pick and choose btw. Your athletic director both provides and limits your options, just like recruiting.) People have to believe in you, more than they suffer you.

Does 'rebuild' mean making one Final Four last year in 10 seasons, while not making the tournament half the time and then never advancing past the second round, the latest being beat by a lower seed at home?!

Also, name a coach that Mitch Barnhart has hired that has been a championship caliber coach in the last five years? I'll hang up and listen.

That's a pretty rich and disingenuous statement for a coach who literally rebuilt that program, eh?

Does rebuild mean making one Final Four last year in 10 seasons, while not making the tournament half the time and then never advancing past the second round, the latest being beat by a lower seed at home?!

Also, name a coach that Mitch Barnhart has hired that has been a championship caliber coach in the last five years? I'll hang up and listen.

Yes, it does. Tech's 12 seasons before he arrived. Don't be coy, Earl. I can respect differences in opinions on Kellie, but this isn't debatable. What he did at VA Tech is quite exceptional.

tech.jpg

Think Kenny was smart to leave before people had to see his VT team without Kitley and Amoore

I’m not going to disagree that he struck while the iron was hot, but the guy rebuilt that program and took it to heights it had never reached before. He didn’t do it by accidentally stumbling upon two great players. He found them and developed them. Think it’s a bit of a cheap shot to suggest he wouldn’t have been capable of winning without them.

LOL! Exceptional?? Looks like he took them from losers to mediocre, if you take out the one Final Four.

But you can’t take out the Final Four. And you can’t take out the fact that they were regular season ACC champs this season, first time winning a regular season conference title since 1999. The last two seasons have been historic for a program that historically wasn’t any good. That’s a great accomplishment for him. Would he have sustained it? Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll never know for sure and we’ll not all agree on that.

I’m not going to disagree that he struck while the iron was hot, but the guy rebuilt that program and took it to heights it had never reached before. He didn’t do it by accidentally stumbling upon two great players. He found them and developed them. Think it’s a bit of a cheap shot to suggest he wouldn’t have been capable of winning without them.
But he lost…

Kitley missed any games they lost.. basically

2 rd of 32s
1 rd of 64
1 FF

last 4 years not in order

Only got to FF with both Kitley and Amoore and WITH huge transfers who got drafted in Soule and Traylor

Kinda a right time situation. For the final four team

But he lost…

Kitley missed any games they lost.. basically

2 rd of 32s
1 rd of 64
1 FF

last 4 years not in order

Only got to FF with both Kitley and Amoore and WITH huge transfers who got drafted in Soule and Traylor

Kinda a right time situation. For the final four team
Again think he’s a good coach but you have to be skeptical of his success a bit and if it’s sustainable.

No way they should have lost to a Baylor at home

Last edited:
Who are the two in the top 20? I just saw Boyd listed at No. 35 on HoopGurlz.

Who's the other?
I was talking about Lawson at Duke. Toby Fournier who is top 10 in some rankings and Arianna Roberson top 20. Their freshma. Jadyn Donovan was top 5 in last class

VN Store

Back