Kenny Brooks To Kentucky

Programs are never that far behind. A good recruiting class turns it into months.
Especially in the sports where the parity in pool of athletes is lacking. Women’s bball is definitely one of those where there’s a short list of truly elite players and they belong to a very few amount of teams, and those teams by and large are the best in the country.

Reactions: butchna
(If the following has already been posted, I missed it).

Kentucky has now officially added Georgia Amoore and center Clara Stack to their roster. Also added an incoming 6'3' forward from Australia (formerly committed to Va Tech).

Kentucky bought themselves both a coach and some key players.

DW - you are on the clock. Silence may be golden unless you trot a tarnished bronze coach out to lead a once platinum program. (Forgive the cheesy metaphor)

If TN doesn’t hire a “home run” and KY continues to bring in the talent… folks around here are going to lose it.

Hope we didn’t miss out on Brooks to bring in someone suboptimal.
How could we "miss Out' on Brooks?

Just offer him more money, and he'll have his bags packed and be on the plane along with his former VT players before you can say "Boo.". And he'll do so without a single thank you to Wildcat Nation.

Kentucky better have him locked in with a huge buyout if they want to keep him.

Reactions: Voltopia
Strack is a promising player and Amoore is an All American. They move Kentucky out of the SEC cellar, but without the addition of talented role players they will be hard pressed to put up a winning record in the conference.

Strack is a promising player and Amoore is an All American. They move Kentucky out of the SEC cellar, but without the addition of talented role players they will be hard pressed to put up a winning record in the conference.
If Aja Petty, Maddie Scherr and Eniya Russell all elect to return to UK from the portal, and Brooks can convert some of the VA Tech incoming recruits (namely the 6'7 C from Portugal), he will have a really solid team. Definitely the talent to stay in the top half of the conference.

If Aja Petty, Maddie Scherr and Eniya Russell all elect to return to UK from the portal, and Brooks can convert some of the VA Tech incoming recruits (namely the 6'7 C from Portugal), he will have a really solid team. Definitely the talent to stay in the top half of the conference.

Agreed. But those are still ifs.

Regarding Clara Silva, I have no idea how Brooks got her commitment in the first place. I mean Blacksburg, VA doesn't exactly seem like a desirable landing spot to someone from Europe. Unless she was really sold on Brooks, my guess is that she may be back in play.

VN Store

Back