Josh Richardson Throws Down One Of The Best Dunks of The Year, Renders TNT Speechless

I'm not saying he won't get it, I'm saying I don't really agree with the awards standards.

Rookie of the year should be given to the best rookie in the season. If you want to create an award for "most surprisingly decent rookie" then ok, do that. But trying to argue that Towns isnt deserving is ridiculous. I guess you would be mad to find out Lebron won roty too right?

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not saying he won't get it, I'm saying I don't really agree with the awards standards.

To win you have to be the best rookie. What other standard do you want?

Do you think Josh is better than KAT? Who do you think will have the better career?

You need a reality check kid.

Reactions: 2 people
To win you have to be the best rookie. What other standard do you want?

Do you think Josh is better than KAT? Who do you think will have the better career?

You need a reality check kid.

Josh isn't better than kat, but I wouldn't even call towns the best rookie, like I said. Okafor is imo, but it should be the rookie who had the best unexpected player, which would be rich.

Yeah, but being called a clown and retarted isn't it? Double standard?

The only thing I said was clown. And you're also dumb if you somehow think you weren't being a clown with the argument you tried to use.

If you honestly, truly honestly, believe Rich deserves roty, then please leave the thread lmao.

Josh isn't better than kat, but I wouldn't even call towns the best rookie, like I said. Okafor is imo, but it should be the rookie who had the best unexpected player, which would be rich.

Haha. The rookie who had the best unexpected year?

You can't be serious Dal?

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing I said was clown. And you're also dumb if you somehow think you weren't being a clown with the argument you tried to use.

If you honestly, truly honestly, believe Rich deserves roty, then please leave the thread lmao.

Yeah, he deserves it. Any one that works that hard deserves it.

He's earning it right now. Rookie of the month. Leads the rookie class in field goal % also, last I checked.

12/3/2 shooting 53% vs 22/11/3 shooting 59%.

Which one was the better player in that span (the month of March)?

The latter, which was Towns. It's not even close in March. It's not even close overall. And stop with the crap about "but Towns was expected blah blah". He was drafted 1 and he's playing like he's the #1 pick. How is that not deserving of ROTY?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't follow the NBA that much, but he's gotta be in top group of rookies.

If he had played the entire season like this, then sure. But right now he's maybe around 10th or so? Not sure. I feel like his shooting will never stay at the pace he was at in March, so to project it over the 82 game span would be hard.

I don't follow the NBA that much, but he's gotta be in top group of rookies.

with how well he has been doing lately, it could be argued that he just squeaks into the Top 10 in the running.

Unfortunately, it's "not even close" in the sense that the gap between J-Rich, and those in the top 5 is quite large.

no offense Dallas, but there are several much more deserving candidates for RotY. and that's a fact, not an opinion.

Josh deserves it, okafor deserves it, it's really an unfair award, which is why I think it should go like a mip award, and go to the unexpected stars.

Townes is in his first year of the NBA, yeah, but he's no rookie. He could've went straight to the NBA, along with jahlil, which is why I say guys like Josh should get it.

Josh deserves it, okafor deserves it, it's really an unfair award, which is why I think it should go like a mip award, and go to the unexpected stars.

Wait, so Okafor deserves it and Towns doesn't? Wasn't Okafor more regarded to be nba ready? Iirc plenty of people actually liked Okafor until the end of the season. Okafor was also the higher rated HS prospect too right? How does any of this make sense to you?

Towns is in his first year of the NBA, yeah, but he's no rookie. He could've went straight to the NBA, along with jahlil, which is why I say guys like Josh should get it.

Pablo Prigioni was a 36 year old rookie a couple years ago. Rookie is a rookie regardless of what you want to say. Towns is in his first nba season. Trying to disqualify players because they are too good is ridiculous. Do you disqualify Steph from the 3 point contest or Lebron from the MVP race because they are too good? I guess now we can disqualify GS from the NBA because they are too good as well.

VN Store

Back