Josh Dobbs signs with Titans

Yea, Titans lose to a bad team at home. Should have put Dobbs in, couldn't have hurt. That interception Willis threw at the end and Henry's fumble on a drive to put the game away was all it took.
Didn't watch the game, but the Titans must be miserable. If Joshua Dobbs didn't get into the game today, then he might as well go right into the aerospace industry. He's still one of my favorite Volunteers.

Reactions: Mustng959
Dobbs was signed as an emergency backup, just like he was in Cleveland. The Titans likely have no intentions of ever actually playing him, even if Willis continues to be dog crap. Willis a rookie 3rd round pick they traded up for, they aren't going to bench him at this point and put in a guy who was just on the Lions' practice squad and hasn't seen any actual relevant NFL action since 2018.

I understand your point and don't entirely disagree. Just positing regardless of possible intent by the coaches the turnaround time might have precluded him playing in this game regardless. (barring injury of course)

Didn't watch the game, but the Titans must be miserable. If Joshua Dobbs didn't get into the game today, then he might as well go right into the aerospace industry. He's still one of my favorite Volunteers.

I don't know, he's getting a pretty big paycheck to not have to do anything still.

Dobbs was signed as an emergency backup, just like he was in Cleveland. The Titans likely have no intentions of ever actually playing him, even if Willis continues to be dog crap. Willis a rookie 3rd round pick they traded up for, they aren't going to bench him at this point and put in a guy who was just on the Lions' practice squad and hasn't seen any actual relevant NFL action since 2018.
Couldn't be much worse than the crap I watched today

Dobbs isn't dog sh**. Coaches are known to make blunders. I think Brady rode the beach at first, while Drew Bledsoe played. Matt Cassell languished on the beech for four years. Clay Matthews wasn't awarded a scholarship for two years at USC after walking on. Green Bay drafted him in the first round. Dobbs sat while Worley and later Peterman played. He was finally on the field as a sort of last resort. It isn't necessarily the player, but coaches not realizing or seeing what they have on the team.
You missed obvious sarcasm. I know he's a ton better than the catastrophe that was on the field today despite obvious booing.

l think how recently Dobbs got here might have been a factor. If Willis went down then that's that obviously but even as smart as Josh is maybe the thought was he wouldn't be ready to run the offense after getting signed 3 days ago.
Did you watch the game? How long has Willis been a Titan, yet has shown that he's consistently NOT an NFL caliber QB? Hell, he's not even a CFL caliber QB with how he's played.

Reactions: posivol
I honestly think it's time to sit Henry. This season is a wash even if we win our division. He's gonna end his career trying to carry this offense by himself
Sadly, they keep using him, whipped like a rented mule. I'd love to see him repeat as rushing champ, was REALLY hoping for another 2k season, but he needs to get less reps. Unless the Titans happen to find a miracle in another QB or give Dobbs a chance as Willis is an obvious waste of a draft pick, their season is over. Don't harm future potential to salvage a sinking ship.

Well... Malik Willis definitely isn't the answer. Sadly this Titans offensive roster is complete garbage outside of Henry. Needs a complete overhaul at this point.

It turns out after doing the mathy........we can lose to the Cowboys next week....which we will...and still make playoffs by beating Jags to final game of year.

We just got to circle the wagons and find a new plan.

On Monday, move Malik to left tackle. And, go from there.

20221219_194039-jpg.20325

It turns out after doing the mathy........we can lose to the Cowboys next week....which we will...and still make playoffs by beating Jags to final game of year.

We just got to circle the wagons and find a new plan.

On Monday, move Malik to left tackle. And, go from there.
I never thought I'd say this but I have zero hope in this team. As long as Downing is calling plays we are one and done best case. He's the worst play caller I've ever seen NFL or College

Reactions: posivol
Did you watch the game? How long has Willis been a Titan, yet has shown that he's consistently NOT an NFL caliber QB? Hell, he's not even a CFL caliber QB with how he's played.

I'm not impressed with Willis and would have considered trying Dobbs given the possible stakes. For whatever reason (I've wondered if just too soon to run the offense) the coaches thought otherwise.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I hope we play Dobbs next week. The game literally means nothing win or loose.
I want to see Dobbs too. Today was just awful
I know Malik was supposed to be a project and raw but man he looked like he couldn't even throw the ball today
Some would say he'd lose his confidence if he's benched for Dobbs. I saw he'd lose it with playing the way he's playing...he needs work, needs to go work with who ever Jalen Hurts been working with

Some people were blaming Henry and his fumble for losing the game.
I'm thinking good grief. The guy is 98% of the offense, surprised he doesn't fumble or get stripped more.
Henry going to need a walking cane when he hangs it up. That body has taken a beating

VN Store

Back